Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Surferboy567

Me too. Trying to convince my mom and sister to do the 5k. They can walk it. They like Disney. We’ll see what happens.

I was trying to convince myself to do the half but I’m not really a fan of the color of the shirt so I can’t justify it.

Star Wars Virtual possibly we shall see.

I am however, excited for my 10K.

Surferboy567

So do we have to do the race on what would have been the "actual" date? It would be nice if we got the stuff early so we can wear the shirts when we do our race.

I don’t think you have to, but most people will probably. As long as you do the run, you should be good. I’ll probably do it on or around the race day (weather permitting). I’ll try and do it on the day but we shall see.

Schema

The weather will definitely be cooler if I wait until the actual dates to do the races. Regardless of whether I complete the runs on the official days or do them prior to the dates, I plan on doing the 10K and Half on consecutive days to honor the "challenge" part of the Two Course Challenge. If anyone else signed up for the virtual challenge and plan on separating them out a little, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, for me personally, I will feel better with myself if I do them in consecutive days.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So do we have to do the race on what would have been the "actual" date? It would be nice if we got the stuff early so we can wear the shirts when we do our race.

I saw nothing on runDisney's site that indicated such. Nor did I see anything giving a specific deadline - all they say is

"Medals will be shipped at the conclusion of the event completion timeframe."

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I saw nothing on runDisney's site that indicated such. Nor did I see anything giving a specific deadline - all they say is

"Medals will be shipped at the conclusion of the event completion timeframe."
Yep, I’d be shocked if we actually had the shirts and medals before the original date of the race. Frankly, I’ll be happy if they can just get my refunds on the races I cancelled before the first week of November!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
As of 710am - all races still available. I chuckle at this...runDisney really thinks a lot of themselves for leaving the pricing that high.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
They know that people will pay it. Besides how much are tech shirts normally sold for anyways?
I don’t know specifically, but when I ran the Myrtle Beach Marathon this year, about $55 covered a medal and long sleeve tech shirt, both of the same quality Disney uses, plus entertainment, food/water stops, a tank top for finishers and two craft beers.

However, we didn’t get a “digital goody bag” so maybe that’s where the huge price difference comes into play? 🤔 😉

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don’t know specifically, but when I ran the Myrtle Beach Marathon this year, about $55 covered a medal and long sleeve tech shirt, both of the same quality Disney uses, plus entertainment, food/water stops, a tank top for finishers and two craft beers.

However, we didn’t get a “digital goody bag” so maybe that’s where the huge price difference comes into play? 🤔 😉

The digital goodie bag is just a bunch of coupons, if I remember. Never used it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom