Disney, VR/AR, and Apple's WWDC 2023

CaptainMickey

I'm an android user so I have zero interest is any products from Apples walled garden. I wouldn't want it for free. It seems to be an answer to a problem that doesn't exist. Most everyone saw the iphones potential. All information from the entire world in your hand. What is this going to revolutionize that I need to spend $3500 that's a must have for the masses? It's probably going to stay pretty niche (By Apple standards). It's an upgraded Meta or google glass? Pass.

I'll just wait for Elon's Neuralink and have the AR sent straight to my brain without any goggles 🤣

MrPromey

I'll just wait for Elon's Neuralink and have the AR sent straight to my brain without any goggles 🤣

Elon's Neuralink - what could possibly go wrong there? ;)

spacex-gif.gif

MrPromey

And now you can buy a basically obsolete vcr for like $30.
Well, used - they don't manufacture them anymore because the last company making an essential component in the supply chain stopped and nobody replaced them.

So... are we were all fools for not waiting until 2023 to buy or were we all fools for jumping on that 35 year fad to begin with? 🙃

Last edited:

Ayla

Well, used - they don't manufacture them anymore because the last company making an essential component in the supply chain stopped and nobody replaced them.

So... are we were all fools for not waiting until 2023 to buy or were we all fools for jumping on that 35 year fad? 🙃
lol I'm saying this ain't gonna be around in 35 years.

MrPromey

lol I'm saying this ain't gonna be around in 35 years.
Yeah, by then we'll all be doing Elon's bidding through our neuralinks!

... which I'm guessing will amount to mostly trolling his enemies on whatever version of Twitter still exits.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
About a year ago I saw a YouTube video -- which I can't find now -- that reviewed a high end VR goggles (and I can't remember the brand) that was in the $3,000+ range.

And they just loved it. Every shortcoming of all the cheaper consumer goggles were gone (according to the reviewers). They were amazed at the huge leap in quality and performance.

And they said that such goggles will be the real advent of widespread VR use... if they could get the price down.

The current cost of the Apple goggles is way to high for widespread adoption, but, it will make competitors step up and then start a race to make goggles with that quality at an affordable price.

Trauma

About a year ago I saw a YouTube video -- which I can't find now -- that reviewed a high end VR goggles (and I can't remember the brand) that was in the $3,000+ range.

And they just loved it. Every shortcoming of all the cheaper consumer goggles were gone (according to the reviewers). They were amazed at the huge leap in quality and performance.

And they said that such goggles will be the real advent of widespread VR use... if they could get the price down.

The current cost of the Apple goggles is way to high for widespread adoption, but, it will make competitors step up and then start a race to make goggles with that quality at an affordable price.
This is not just a VR headset.

I think this thing is leaps beyond what’s available, the problem will be the price point.

Like if I could play the new Zelda game on these or something amazing like that I would be in.

I already have a VR headset and it just collects dust.

I guess we wait and see what this thing can do by the time it’s launched.

MrPromey

Just Google Varjo XR-3.

That eye-popping price (pun intended) you see doesn't include the required annual software subscription, either.

This may be the most expensive consumer oriented headset but it's not even close to the most expensive headset.

Stripes

Premium Member
Okay, I'm curious what your arbitrary reason is for disqualifying the roughly 100 models of phones released between 2003 and 2006 running various versions of Windows Mobile.

... Or the various PalmOS phones that released as early as 2002?
These days every smartphone has a capacitive multi-touch display. The iPhone was the first of said phones.

There were smartphones before the iPhone but they functioned very differently than smartphones do today.

MrPromey

These days every smartphone has a capacitive multi-touch display. The iPhone was the first of said phones.

There were smartphones before the iPhone but they functioned very differently than smartphones do today.

I think we all understand that but that's not the argument a certain someone started out making.

He's been doing some serious goal post moving so at this point it would be easy to miss that if you haven't been following the discussion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom