Disney Visa package discounts are out! (8/13/07)

pinkrose

Disney has released discounts for MYW packages for Disney Visa cardholders!!! These are for travel dates 9/30/07 -12/23/07.

Magic Your Way Package is code ZQL
Magic Your Way plus Dining is code ZQM

You must book this offer by 09/26 and it's based on availability. Certain restrictions apply.

You can contact any of our Kingdom Konsultants and we'd be happy to get you booked!! Remember... we don't charge a fee for our services. :)

Pam@kingdomkonsultant.com
Marie@kingdomkonsultant.com
Evan@kingdomkonsultant.com
Elizabeth@kingdomkonsultant.com

Toll free 1-866-566-7858
Elizabeth direct line 1-205-664-9116 (Alabama area)

wannabeBelle

I am not so sure about that. Every time I have booked someone with a Disney Visa offer during the exclusive period, I HAD to put down $200.00 deposit on the Disney Visa or I wasnt allowed to book it. If you have the Disney Visa, it is no issue to apply the discounts based on availability of course. Belle

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Original Poster
Your deposit does not have to be made with your Disney Visa. As long as you have the code, they will take it. Months ago, I booked a room only reservation to hold a room in the event a discount did not come out for the time we are going. So, yesterday, I basically called them, made a new reservation, made the deposit with my debit card (even though I do have a Disney Visa) and then cancelled the previous reservation and they credited that deposit back to the card I used then. Quick and easy and saved $450.00. Can't wait!!!:sohappy:

Thanks for the info! That's what I needed to know..And I like the Quick and Easy part even more..

I have been told by Disney (and just now asked again) that you do indeed have to pay a deposit at the time of booking with your Disney Visa. If you had already paid a deposit, it will be refunded and a deposit placed on your Disney Visa. Any payments after the deposit can be made by any other method of payment (I've also checked with Disney several times on this).

Upvote 0

SweetPea

I have been told by Disney (and just now asked again) that you do indeed have to pay a deposit at the time of booking with your Disney Visa. If you had already paid a deposit, it will be refunded and a deposit placed on your Disney Visa. Any payments after the deposit can be made by any other method of payment (I've also checked with Disney several times on this).

Well, the lady I had on the phone let me do it. I got a confirmation number and a confirmation email with all of my information. Maybe it depends on who you get on the phone. I specifically asked if I had to make the deposit with my Disney Visa and she said no. She let me do it and we are good to go.

Upvote 0
Had to move from Pop to Music... which I am not thrilled about just because I spent so much time and research selecting Pop. LOL

but saved $400 on our trip... so I almost would've gone off-site. LOL and now feel better about deciding on Dec. and not free-dining Sept... this is a huge help!

with how limited is I can't imagine there is much left on Thurs when it goes public.. you must have to be ultra-flexible to get it... is that normally the case with these??

Upvote 0

gleason406

You don't need to rebook your vacation with your card I was told this morning that as long as you had a balance and you put $200 on your Disney Visa when getting the lower rate it was fine.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Had to move from Pop to Music... which I am not thrilled about just because I spent so much time and research selecting Pop. LOL

but saved $400 on our trip... so I almost would've gone off-site. LOL and now feel better about deciding on Dec. and not free-dining Sept... this is a huge help!

with how limited is I can't imagine there is much left on Thurs when it goes public.. you must have to be ultra-flexible to get it... is that normally the case with these??

Hey there, With the Free Dining it wasnt as limited as I thought it would be as some more rooms were added into the discount for the General Public Offer. On top of that within a few weeks more inventory was added so I was able to switch people to the original resort they wanted and couldnt get initially, so dont give up!!! Give a call in 2/3 weeks and see if it has opened up at Pop for your dates!!! Best of luck! Belle

Upvote 0

carebearsrgr8

Hmmm

Is this a better deal then the free dining thing Im booked for sept??? I will have to let me aunt know about this there going in Oct maybe they can get a better discount if its not too late.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip!! i wonder if it's work a call thurs to see if they did open up rooms with the offer going public??

Re free dining: for us free dining would've been better money wise by a couple hundred still..... just was commenting that I feel better about not taking the free dining since getting this discount.. now it's not such a huge difference and feel better about going in Dec now...I kept wondering if we should've taken that free dining... but we really wanted to go at the holidays.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Is this a better deal then the free dining thing Im booked for sept??? I will have to let me aunt know about this there going in Oct maybe they can get a better discount if its not too late.

The dates for Free Dining dont coincide with these dates at all, so it is a moot point, but I tend to agree the Free Dining was the best deal thus far this year, and it was the best deal overall last year. Belle

Upvote 0

whizGoofy

I looked over all of the posts here and I did not find the answer to my question. I have booked an paid for my entire trip using the Disney Visa Card. Actually last Tuesday the 21st, I made my final payment. Am I able to get the discount if I call my AAA Travel agent??

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Assuming that there is availability at the resort you booked yes. Also if there isnt availability ask your agent what resorts are offering it during your dates and see if a move is worth your while. Belle

Upvote 0

whizGoofy

Thanks Belle!!
I just contacted my agent and they she is going to call Disney for me. She said I should be able to get it, because I already have my room booked.

As much as the Disney Visa sucks for percentage payback, it sure helps with other things. I suggest anyone to get it and pay it off at the end of the month!! I love my Disney Reward Dollars!!

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

This was no longer at the value resorts by the 17th. We tried calling to get it, and the best they could offer was a moderate for about $100 more for the trip. We decided to stay at Pop and not switch resorts.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Thanks Belle!!
I just contacted my agent and they she is going to call Disney for me. She said I should be able to get it, because I already have my room booked.

As much as the Disney Visa sucks for percentage payback, it sure helps with other things. I suggest anyone to get it and pay it off at the end of the month!! I love my Disney Reward Dollars!!

Hey there, Actually having your room booked decreases your chances of getting a discount, not increases it. There are only so many rooms allocated at any given discount per resort ( usually a percentage of unsold rooms such as 10% for example) So if a hotel is booked up pretty well they will absolutely have less rooms available at the discounted rate. Disney has no idea that you are waiting for a discounted rate and just assume that you have booked your stay and arent going to be applying any discounts. When a discount code is "applied" they are actually substituting one of the rooms allocated for the special offer with your room to give you the lower rate. However if there isnt any rooms in the special left for your resort on your dates, you will not be able to get the lower rate unless you switch to a resort that does offer it for your dates or you change your dates. Best of luck with the switch, Let us know what happens! Belle

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Hey there, Actually having your room booked decreases your chances of getting a discount, not increases it. There are only so many rooms allocated at any given discount per resort ( usually a percentage of unsold rooms such as 10% for example) So if a hotel is booked up pretty well they will absolutely have less rooms available at the discounted rate. Disney has no idea that you are waiting for a discounted rate and just assume that you have booked your stay and arent going to be applying any discounts. When a discount code is "applied" they are actually substituting one of the rooms allocated for the special offer with your room to give you the lower rate. However if there isnt any rooms in the special left for your resort on your dates, you will not be able to get the lower rate unless you switch to a resort that does offer it for your dates or you change your dates. Best of luck with the switch, Let us know what happens! Belle

Thanks for explaining that so well. I had known that in order to be eligible to use a discount code both your resort/dates had to be available, but I didn't know that what was really happening was you were actually changing your existing reservation to a discount-eligible one. I am one of those people "waiting for a discount" for our next year's trip.... so I hope having already booked a room doesn't end up hurting us! Our resort is not flexible (we're not willing to change) and once we buy our plane tickets, our dates are not flexible, either because any airline "change fee" will likely negate any savings obtained through a discount code. Again, thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Not a problem Mousefan!!! I certainly dont mean to sound like dont try for the discount, I would certainly advise to do so. However if your resort isnt available and your dates cant be changed due to vacation timing, airline tickets etc. as long as you are willing to pay full rack rate, then it shouldnt be a problem. Are you a AAA member? If so those discounts have already been released and you should certainly see if you can save anything on that now and if a better deal comes out later, see if you can switch then!!! Some savings beats no savings at all anytime!!! Best of luck!! Belle

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Are the % rates of unsold rooms fixed? When people book a room (waiting for a discount) and then have to switch to another resort to get a discount (due to availability), does that room then increase the "availability percentage" of the first Resort for other guests? Or are the discounts locked into what is available, per Resort, when they first release the discount codes? What happens when alot of people book a Resort, waiting for discounts, then have to switch to another Resot to get the discount, the original Resort is going to be left with alot of empty rooms? :shrug:

I guess that's why I don't "prebook" a room that I want.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom