Disney Visa Credit Card: Who has it and do you like it?

radiohost

Original Poster
Only reason I would ever get one is too stack up points to use at the parks.

If anyone can share a little light on this subject for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Radiohost:cool:

Computer Magic

It's okay. I do wish they give more advantages. Some say you can get a better "cash" reward elsewhere. Disney gives 1 percent back.

I like it because it my spending money in Disney.

It works if you pay off your credit card every month.

lpet11984

I like it; they've got a good website that you can manage everything with right there. It helps me save up for my trips just by using my card for what I'd regularly use it for....I've got just over $100 coming back for my trip in June just from paying my bills/gas with it.

Passport

I had it but got rid of it. I would rather earn cash back on another card at at least the same rate but be able to use it for anything.

pacochran

We use it all the time, it is a bummer that it only acrues 1% but that still adds up. We often pay bills with it even though we have the money and just pay it down right away, just to get the points. My sister-in-law if she has big purchases and she generally pays cash will have us buy it for her so that we can get the points. Last year we had over $300 for our Disney trip.

summergirl32

You can save 10% at World of Disney just by showing the card. The reward points are great too and I just like the novelty of having a "disney credit card".

Yellow Shoes

I guess the card is OK, but I prefer the plain 'ole cash I get from my Discover card.

HOWEVER, Chase's customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

--an ex-card holder

FBullock

We have it love it. We pay everything with it and just pay it off and the end of the month.

Sorry, but I disagree with Chase's Service. We paid for our daughter's wedding which was out of state with it. It was larger than what we normally have bills for and in another state and they called to verify the charges.

Also, somebody got hold of our card and tryed to make some internet buys. Chase called and verified that we didn't make the charges and took care of everything. We had new cards in less than a week and all our points, etc. carried over and other than a new number, we never saw the difference in our a account.

On a side note, It's a great conversation piece when paying for stuff with it. You wouldn't believe the folks that you can meet when talking about Disney.

haveyoumetmark

I love it. It's a cool card. It was the first card I got identity thieved with. I agree with FBullock, Chase's customer service is great. Had my card back up and running that same week. I too just like the novelty of having a Disney credit card. Oh, and some of the things you get in the mail (except the bills :lol: ) are fun and a nice touch.

Disneyfalcon

We love it! I do get a ton of comments on it. But better then that, we should have about $700 for our trip in the fall! Woo hoo!!:sohappy:

JaclynR

We have it and I use it all the time for gas, groceries, and extras. The rewards are adding up fast and I look forward to using them towards our next trip, possibly 2008.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I had it when it was BankOne. When Chase bought bank one, I cancelled before the first statement came. Chase is terrible.

It's an easy way to rack up Disney money for trips. I put groceries, gas, cable, and other expenses that are paid off each month right on the card. Now that my daughter is heading to college, I intend to put as many of her expenses as possible on the card and, yes, my card says "Member from Day 1" also.

I do, however, monitor what my other cards offer from time to time. For instance, Discover will be giving 5% back on gasoline purhases this summer so all gas will be charged to that card and paid off each billing period. Generally, Discover is not terrific except for when they have special offers. Check your account details. You have to charge over $3000 before you begin to earn 1% on each purchase. Disney's card is at 1% back from dollar one.

I have another card that gives 3 (sometimes 6 or 9) percent back on purchases in the store itself and sends me reward certificates that are fun to use. As it's my favorite department store and, "like no other store in the world", I make sure I earn rewards on that card as well.

The bottom line is, no matter what card you carry, using it should pay you back something. Debit cards don't do that, do they? If they don't, I don't understand why anyone would use them.

Dayma

The bottom line is, no matter what card you carry, using it should pay you back something. Debit cards don't do that, do they? If they don't, I don't understand why anyone would use them.

Using only credit cards can and does affect your credit score even if you never carry over a balance. If for example you spend 4k on you credit card each month and pay it off each month that will still reflect negatively on your credit.

With that being said...we use the Disney Visa card and love it just for the fact that is is simple and we know we are going to use it for our trip. Yes, there are some deals that are better but we prefer not to shop around as it takes to much effort for our return (ROI)....

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I switched from Amex rewards to the Citi AA Platinum World Mastercard... probably the best move I've made as far as my credit goes.

TikiBeckie

Using only credit cards can and does affect your credit score even if you never carry over a balance. If for example you spend 4k on you credit card each month and pay it off each month that will still reflect negatively on your credit.

From someone who worked at a credit reporting agency, that is 100% untrue. Charges accrued in one month and completely paid off with no carry over does NOT reflect badly on your credit whatsoever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom