News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Here is a better picture showing the kitchen. That looks like range to me.

However, still can't see a door to the bedroom in that photo.

View attachment 758801

View attachment 758802
Thanks! I hadn't seen the first one. It does make it clear that the vanity "outside the bathroom" is not actually in the kitchen, mercifully. It does make the bathroom the same length as it is now, so maybe it'll be the layout as current. I wish they had just kept the existing layout.

Marionnette

Here is a better picture showing the kitchen. That looks like range to me.

However, still can't see a door to the bedroom in that photo.

View attachment 758801

View attachment 758802
It's an artist rendering, not a photo of the real thing so I wouldn't put too much faith in it. They are always subject to change. The DVC website description says that the cabins will have a 2-burner cook top.

Virtual Toad

The cabins look odd to me, like a mishmash of different design concepts all thrown together with a couple of pieces of wood and fabric to give it a "wilderness" appearance, but it could be just me
Mixed feelings here as a long-time cabins visitor. I stayed once in the original "Wilderness Homes," was blown away when the current cabins debuted (which built on the design and success of the Wilderness Lodge). It gave both resorts thematic consistency and tied them together so very well.

But we live in a different era at WDW now. The new design is not as bland as some of their other recent efforts but the days of hyper-realistic theming are sadly gone.

Still, if I had young kids today and visited for the first time, would I love the new design? Not sure. But the current cabins will always hold a special place in my memory. We have pictures each year of the boys sitting in "their spots" at the little dining room table, from infants to young adults. So many good times and amazing memories. It was a place to truly call home.

Heath

It’s called Fort (traditional logs, and pointy logs) and Wilderness (trees or logs). I want pioneer theme cabins that harken trail wagons, cast iron skillets , Davy Crockett in a raccoon cap, and Daniel Boone in a bear rug cabin. Not modern tiny house modern bungalow with Chip & Dale art. Not everything has to change just to change.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks! I hadn't seen the first one. It does make it clear that the vanity "outside the bathroom" is not actually in the kitchen, mercifully. It does make the bathroom the same length as it is now, so maybe it'll be the layout as current. I wish they had just kept the existing layout.

Same. Why they felt it necessary to move the bathroom to the other side is puzzling. If it was solely to have a vanity outside the toilet & shower room, why was THAT configuration needed? There's a sink in the kitchen.

It's nice having the Murphy bed, but right outside the bedroom? Why not keep the configuration of the original cabins, but make the wall where the pull out sofa was a sold wall and put the Murphy bed there?

Sometimes I wonder about the thought process of the Imagineers...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s called Fort (traditional logs, and pointy logs) and Wilderness (trees or logs). I want pioneer theme cabins that harken trail wagons, cast iron skillets , Davy Crockett in a raccoon cap, and Daniel Boone in a bear rug cabin. Not modern tiny house modern bungalow with Chip & Dale art. Not everything has to change just to change.
You should see what IP they put in the outhouses!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I forgot to share this before but this is on the DVC tree at the Disney Springs tree stroll.
20231119_204708.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Did you notice Disney doesn’t do theming anymore?

Look no further that “riveria” that can’t figure out if it wants to make people on south beach feel privileged or people in a Marriott in Times Square feel privileged?

It’s not their fault…it’s ours. Keep buying points…like when they can’t sell wilderness lodge, so they gut out the theming and sell it as a “new” dvc…right next to the “old, themed” dvc.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
No but I do think the idea of “glamping” pods on the Reflections site might be considered.

Or...

They could have just reactivated Reflections and replaced the Ft. Wildness cabins....

I hate that Disney is turning beloved cash rooms/resorts into DVC.

Love Ft Wilderness

Did you notice Disney doesn’t do theming anymore?

Interesting that you mention this.
We just returned from staying at the cabins last week and we answered the follow up "how was your stay" survey.
When asked why we like to stay at the cabins, our first and most important choice was THEMING. I don't know if they really read these responses but I hope somebody notices.

While I prefer the log cabin look, we did notice that the cabins were showing wear and tear and do need to be replaced. Just not sure if this is going to be so well received. I'll give it a try for a cash stay.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Or...

They could have just reactivated Reflections and replaced the Ft. Wildness cabins....

I hate that Disney is turning beloved cash rooms/resorts into DVC.
Since 2007…it wasn’t last week they started.

Again…keep buying points and I bet that will “stop it”, right?

Reflections was a joke…they wouldn’t sell the rack rooms…they’d have a hard time selling dvc rooms…and they never wanted the staff anyway. It was Bobism at its pinnacle

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom