News Disney Vacation Club announces plans for more than 350 new cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are folks who love FW but don't want to camp but the cabin prices have increased so much that they're now as much as entry deluxe resorts like AKL, around $370. I think the prices have pushed many people out and away from cabins. Surely when these are converted and have new amenities the cash prices will only be higher and push even more people away. They'll be replaced by families like mine. Like gentrication I can benefit myself and contribute to the problem while still feeling bad for folks pushed out.
I wouldn’t worry about that. They’ve had a hard time filling expensive rooms for going on 20 years…why do you think there’s so many dvc “conversions”?

And they’re entering (I’m told in already - actually) a booking drought/slump

nickys

Premium Member
From the rendering the roof line, entrance sides, and windows are completely different. It suggests the possibility of blowing out the current entrance wall. Doing this even two feet would allow the bedroom bunk bed to be converted to a queen murphy bed. Also, it appears that the bathroom may not be in the middle anymore but may be moved to one end of the cabin. Could then fit the bathroom + a galley kitchen on one side with a pretty spacious living area in between. Like, imagine the living area now but the kitchen space is on the side *and* it's all maybe two feet wider.
I was actually just coming on to post something similar!

The concept art shows an equal sized space on either side of the living area. I like your idea of a Murphy queen in the bedroom, like a studio. And even a toilet and vanity area off the bedroom with a full bathroom elsewhere would probably be enough to make this a possibility.

I mean, I’d still rather have a master bedroom with just one bed, and two Murphy beds in the living room… but I’ll reserve judgement until we see the floor plans.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Attachments

• A2C28C98-877D-4B32-839F-986F89626852.png
    A2C28C98-877D-4B32-839F-986F89626852.png
    394.2 KB · Views: 96

raymusiccity

These will replace all existing cabins. The existing cabins will be no more.
I'm sure it was an easy decision. All of the present day "cabins" are glorified trailers with wood cladding to make them look rustic. They've probably outlived their expected usefulness. Refurbishing them was probably impractical. 😪

raymusiccity

Won't they need to substantially upgrade the facilities at Fort Wilderness for a DVC section? Seems like it would have the crappiest amenities of all the DVC resorts... Maybe the Reflections area would be the new amenities hub...New pool, shops, restaurants and bar... maybe a lovely themed feature pool... It would have to have those elements to make it worthwhile... maybe more and better transportation to the TTC?
Better transportation to TTC !

Attachments

• FORT-WILDERNESS-RR15-1280x640.jpg
    FORT-WILDERNESS-RR15-1280x640.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 66

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sure it was an easy decision. All of the present day "cabins" are glorified trailers with wood cladding to make them look rustic. They've probably outlived their expected usefulness. Refurbishing them was probably impractical. 😪
Correct on that point…

But this can be a good thing or a really bad. We just don’t know at this point?

If the point value is “reasonable”…there’s a nice niche to fill

But If they’re 75 a night…then Bob is attempting to drag a large part of the campground into that $15,000 a week mandatory expenditure level that they’re pushing beyond reason
And that…is not good for anyone here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom