News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

jt04

I missed you @jt04 !

I was a supporter of the project when first announced. I though the concept art was just generic placeholder due to a last second approval. Then the internal concept art was released and it was clear this was purely DVC. The concepts were fine but definitely not elaborate enough for a resort on Bay Lake. And part of Fort Wilderness no less.

The people say, "bring back Hoop Dee Doo"! 🎄

CaptainAmerica

And also added 300 DVC rooms while taking rooms away from 2 whole sections from Caribbean Beach. There should always have been a balance towards more hotel rooms vs DVC, just my opinion, and I am a DVC owner saying this.
There are like 23,000 cash rooms at Walt Disney World against 5,000 points rooms. It's not close.

People underestimate how enormous the Value and Moderate resorts are.

Pop Century plus Coronado Springs have more rooms than all WDW DVC combined.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

There are like 23,000 cash rooms at Walt Disney World against 5,000 points rooms. It's not close.

Again, I am not speaking about a literal balance, what I am saying is that there is a consistent whittling away the at the Deluxe Resorts of standard rooms. I don't love it because I think when the hotel has more cash guests on site that keeps them on their game more than already captured dollars like mine. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Again, I am not speaking about a literal balance, what I am saying is that there is a consistent whittling away the at the Deluxe Resorts of standard rooms. I don't love it because I think when the hotel has more cash guests on site that keeps them on there game more than already captured dollars like mine. Just my opinion.
They had more deluxe rooms than people were booking. Why keep rooms they need to discount to 35% (I once got 40%!)? Not when there are $25k contracts to be sold.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And also added 300 DVC rooms while taking rooms away from 2 whole sections from Caribbean Beach. There should always have been a balance towards more hotel rooms vs DVC, just my opinion, and I am a DVC owner saying this.

they took out 6 lodge buildings from caribbean...
64 per so that was 384

they no longer care about “balance” when people will throw money at DVC without pause.

for 3 years I heard “it’s a SEPARATE “resort” from Caribbean”

then I toiled around there and realized I could spit from the obscure Roman pool and hit caribbean...and the skyler station is closer to Aruba 51 than it is “riviera”

people believe what you tell them. And everyone should have a breathalyzer on their credit carss

they abandoned building rack long ago. The tower at Coronado is the ONLY new attempt at rack for 20 years...and I’m not sure they wouldn’t take that back if they could? Conventions don’t look to be on the “upswing”

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So these rooms today have two queens and a daybed.

With such a short renovation period, do you think we should expect two Queens and a daybed?

Also what will happen to the 5th floor cash suites?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thy had more deluxe rooms than people were booking. Why keep rooms they need to discount to 35% (I once got 40%!)? Not when there are $25k contracts to be sold.

correct...follow the flow:

dakl...

contemporary...

poly...

Wilderness lodge (the worst case)

now GF.

What do they all have in common? And now they’ve bled it to the “moderates” as well.

and I got a 52% discount (after tax) bout 5 years ago at the poly. Maybe because the room built and sold for $29 in 1971 was racked at $575?then??

nah...can’t be it

CaptainAmerica

they abandoned building rack long ago. The tower at Coronado is the ONLY new attempt at rack for 20 years...and I’m not sure they wouldn’t take that back if they could? Conventions don’t look to be on the “upswing”
DAAR is only 10 years old and it's enormous. I know it's technically Pop Phase 2 but they didn't *have to* finish it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DAAR is only 10 years old and it's enormous. I know it's technically Pop Phase 2 but they didn't *have to* finish it.

I was standing in that mud when they broke ground...it was 2001, ace.

“they’ve been busy”? I suppose?

they begrudgingly finished it for $600 a night “value” junior suites...I’ll remind.
Don’t twist their arms or anything 🤪

remember AoA was downsized too...it was supposed to be 30 buildings/2600 rooms in standard eisnerian “attack” formation like the other half across the water

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

I was standing in that mud when they broke ground...it was 2001, ace.

“they’ve been busy”? I suppose?

they begrudgingly finished it for $600 a night “value” junior suites...I’ll remind.
Don’t twist their arms or anything 🤪
I'm a big fan of diversified accomodation options. I want more of that, not less. Treehouses, Cabins, Family Suites, all of it. Cash and points.

I'll never understand for whom "one queen and a couch" is an ideal floor plan. What feedback are they getting where everyone seems to want one queen and a couch?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm a big fan of diversified accomodation options. I want more of that, not less. Treehouses, Cabins, Family Suites, all of it. Cash and points.

I'll never understand for whom "one queen and a couch" is an ideal floor plan. What feedback are they getting where everyone seems to want one queen and a couch?

great...

Iger stopped building rack rooms. Loved dem timeshares though 👍🏻

runnsally

I’ve always assumed the queen-couch studio was designed to push people toward purchasing enough points for a one bedroom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom