News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

peter11435

not complaining either...just saying if they thought enough to put a shelf in...which is a wonderful addition, they should have just put a real table there...
I think the intent is mostly just to hold a phone which many people have constantly by their sides now.

Disone

An actual nightstand would be better... There is plenty of room for it, and honestly a nightstand isn't a luxury, but pretty necessary for most folks... a tiny shelf is better than nothing, but this is a $600/night + room...
That said I have seen this happening outside of Disney at mid to high end resorts so it may be just one of those headscratching industry trends.

cranbiz

The only time I ever let any other CM know that I was a CM was the time my kids were visiting from MA and we were eating at Cape May. We had the worst server who constantly complained and really ignored our table. Yes, it's a buffet but come over once in a while, clear the used plates and refresh our drinks. Finally I had enough of it. Told her I was a CM and simply expected her to do her job and to not subject my family to her complaints. She then launched a tirade against bus drivers and how much we made ( absolutely didn't need to hear that rubbish, we may have got more on an hourly basis but a good server who was getting mandatory tips should be getting more than I was). It was absolutely the worst meal I ever has at Disney and to top it off, the CM discounted meal included a mandatory 18% gratuity. I did go to a manager and discuss my displeasure with our server

castlecake2.0

The only time I ever let any other CM know that I was a CM was the time my kids were visiting from MA and we were eating at Cape May. We had the worst server who constantly complained and really ignored our table. Yes, it's a buffet but come over once in a while, clear the used plates and refresh our drinks. Finally I had enough of it. Told her I was a CM and simply expected her to do her job and to not subject my family to her complaints. She then launched a tirade against bus drivers and how much we made ( absolutely didn't need to hear that rubbish, we may have got more on an hourly basis but a good server who was getting mandatory tips should be getting more than I was). It was absolutely the worst meal I ever has at Disney and to top it off, the CM discounted meal included a mandatory 18% gratuity. I did go to a manager and discuss my displeasure with our server
The culprits are usually the CPs who might as well just wear a neon shirt that says IM A CM PLEASE TALK TO ME ABOUT IT. Was stuck with a boatload of them on the monorail yesterday as they destroyed the guest experience on the way to epcot.

Disone

I too would think a server is banking way more then a bus driver, but how did she know you were a bus driver? Did she Rostr you?

cranbiz

I too would think a server is banking way more then a bus driver, but how did she know you were a bus driver? Did she Rostr you?
At that time. I has a Disney Transport keyfob on my keyring. She saw it and started in on me. I still have it.
Disney Transport.jpg

nickys

Premium Member

Construction update from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort as new DVC villas take shape at the Big Pine Key building​

Disneys-Grand-Floridian-DVC_Full_47043.jpg
So they’re obviously doing far more than just refurbing the rooms then, if the roof is partly off and the stairwell is open. Do we know what exactly? Why does the Big Pine Key building need the roof redone all of a sudden?

nicb88

So they’re obviously doing far more than just refurbing the rooms then, if the roof is partly off and the stairwell is open. Do we know what exactly? Why does the Big Pine Key building need the roof redone all of a sudden?
It looks as though the stairwell is open to allow access for bigger materials, and I suppose it's worth re-doing the roof while the building is out of operation.

BrianLo

I think VGF1 membership would have complained loudly to acquire an end of lifespan roof into existing maintenance fees. This way 'the developer' pays for it to be in good condition upfront.

nicb88

With the opening of these 'new' rooms inching closer, I've been wondering whether anyone knows what differences the dormer rooms might have in layout, given they're different in shape/size to those with the full balconies? In main resort rooms, as far as I can remember, dormer rooms lack a day bed due to the size.

Also, would guests of the rooms in Big Pine Key be expected to use front desk facilities at VGF or the main resort?

Disone

With the opening of these 'new' rooms inching closer, I've been wondering whether anyone knows what differences the dormer rooms might have in layout, given they're different in shape/size to those with the full balconies? In main resort rooms, as far as I can remember, dormer rooms lack a day bed due to the size.

Also, would guests of the rooms in Big Pine Key be expected to use front desk facilities at VGF or the main resort?
Doomer rooms have day beds. No significant differences despite being slightly smaller between these rooms and the rest of the building.

As is the current policy guest can check in at either of the front desks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom