News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Goofnut1980

Give me a break. That's what you see HERE?

There's no pleasing you if you don't like this.

View attachment 590214
Don't get me wrong the room is beautiful. But how long will that last? DVC has really slipped on the upkeep of the rooms. When a guest has to call to say a light bulb is burnt out or other issues, is sad. AKV got rid of the pillows in rooms, how long will be bolster pillows stay. Not to mention the guests do not treat it as their own. Which is why things get run down.
Also, what is up with the tiny little shelf by the bed. I am not even sure it would hold a phone. LOL

Bocabear

Isn’t this discussing the DVC rooms at GF? In which case they’re supposed to be a home from home. Not a hotel room. Which is why they go lighter on theming than they do on the hotel rooms.
Actually should be the complete opposite... The DVC "home" rooms should be even more themed as people spend even more time in them than in a regular hotel room... And by theme, I mean correct decor choices and styling to match the theme of the resort...
Modern and Luxe does not necessarily say Victorian Grand Seaside Hotel...
This is not a hard thing for a good designer to do...
The choices do not have to be so modern and usual... These rooms should reflect a unique design aesthetic related to the style of the resort... Again...not a hard thing for a competent designer to do.

Bocabear

Don't get me wrong the room is beautiful. But how long will that last? DVC has really slipped on the upkeep of the rooms. When a guest has to call to say a light bulb is burnt out or other issues, is sad. AKV got rid of the pillows in rooms, how long will be bolster pillows stay. Not to mention the guests do not treat it as their own. Which is why things get run down.
Also, what is up with the tiny little shelf by the bed. I am not even sure it would hold a phone. LOL
When we stay at our home resort Bay Lake Tower, we are always a bit shocked at how beat up the rooms are...Almost every visit includes a call to maintenance to repair or fix the curtains that have been torn off the rods or other things that are a result of willful damage...not just wear and tear...

CaptainAmerica

When a guest has to call to say a light bulb is burnt out or other issues, is sad.
No, that's how things work. Lightbulbs burn out. That's a thing that happens. Even at the Four Seasons. If something fails, call to have it fixed. If it's fixed promptly, great! If it's not, then that's a service failure.

Not to mention the guests do not treat it as their own. Which is why things get run down.
When we stay at our home resort Bay Lake Tower, we are always a bit shocked at how beat up the rooms are...Almost every visit includes a call to maintenance to repair or fix the curtains that have been torn off the rods or other things that are a result of willful damage...not just wear and tear...
Absolutely agree with all of this. The biggest problem with DVC, in my opinion, is the membership. They're disrespectful of property, cast, and other guests. And we know there will be temper tantrums if Disney raised maintenance fees to cover more frequent upkeep.

dreday3

I like the rooms. I know they are DVC, but they are much nicer than the regular hotel rooms.

I wish they'd do something like this with the Boardwalk hotel rooms, then we'd stay there. (we HATE the room decor over there, outside of the curtains)

Chi84

Premium Member
The biggest problem with DVC, in my opinion, is the membership. They're disrespectful of property, cast, and other guests.
You've said this before and it seems like a heck of a generalization given the number of DVC owners and how long it's been in existence. Why do you believe this and how do you know someone behaving badly is a DVC owner? Obviously you don't have to answer, but I'm curious as to how people arrive at such broad conclusions.

Bocabear

I just don't get why DVC members would trash their home resorts... Like some sort of free-for-all...nuts!
One of the 3 bedroom units, someone had nailed or tacked stuff up all over the dark woodwork causing them to have to fill and re-stain the wood....which looked horrible.

Bocabear

You've said this before and it seems like a heck of a generalization given the number of DVC owners and how long it's been in existence. Why do you believe this and how do you know someone behaving badly is a DVC owner? Obviously you don't have to answer, but I'm curious as to how people arrive at such broad conclusions.
The condition of the rooms makes me think this...Though they do also rent out the rooms to non-DVC guests... Not sure who is causing the damage...

CaptainAmerica

I'm a DVC member and I've been a cast member. Cast members and DVC members are the worst guests.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just don't get why DVC members would trash their home resorts... Like some sort of free-for-all...nuts!
One of the 3 bedroom units, someone had nailed or tacked stuff up all over the dark woodwork causing them to have to fill and re-stain the wood....which looked horrible.
Here’s something that I’ve wondered…and a complete generalization:

How many times do we see “I just rent points” casually tossed around on threads?

So why would some care about wear and tear - hypothetically - in that scenario?

From my hotel time…I saw people absolutely disregard everything in the room…one of things said when somebody was caught was “you redo the rooms anyway”

There’s an assumption that Disney cares far more about reinvestment than they do. And it goes down Every year…

You’d have to guess why people think that.

correcaminos

There is some truth to this. As 18 year members (if I did math right) I would not assume the issue are just renters. Some people really do not care. Some also forget to report if there is an issue. We're respectful of all in there but not everyone is. Some are entitled. Most I'd gather are not.

James Alucobond

A surprising amount of people have zero respect for physical property, even when they own it.

Chi84

Premium Member
There is some truth to this. As 18 year members (if I did math right) I would not assume the issue are just renters. Some people really do not care. Some also forget to report if there is an issue. We're respectful of all in there but not everyone is. Some are entitled. Most I'd gather are not.
I'm not assuming anything - just asked for clarification of what seemed like an unwarranted generalization. Some people don't really understand what it is you're buying with DVC. I remember when the security room checks started and posters thought DVC owners had additional privacy rights in their units as compared to other hotel guests. So maybe there are a good number who feel they can abuse the units because they "own" them - who knows?

mysto

The condition of the rooms makes me think this...Though they do also rent out the rooms to non-DVC guests... Not sure who is causing the damage...
Children! Any kind, not just owners. Feed them ice cream and candy all morning and watch the fireworks when you get back to the room. Probably grab a frapuccino on the way out 'cause they're so much easier to get at noon and you gotta have a drink for the walk. Mom's too tired and embarrassed to call it in to the desk.

correcaminos

I'm not assuming anything - just asked for clarification of what seemed like an unwarranted generalization. Some people don't really understand what it is you're buying with DVC. I remember when the security room checks started and posters thought DVC owners had additional privacy rights in their units as compared to other hotel guests. So maybe there are a good number who feel they can abuse the units because they "own" them - who knows?
I said I wouldn't assume an issue is renters. Never spoke for you. So forgive me if I had you feeling that way.

My best guess is just some people are jerks. Period.

I will say there are tons of entitled DVC members. Many who confuse what DVC is supposed to be.

Chi84

Premium Member
I said I wouldn't assume an issue is renters. Never spoke for you. So forgive me if I had you feeling that way.

My best guess is just some people are jerks. Period.

I will say there are tons of entitled DVC members. Many who confuse what DVC is supposed to be.
I agree about some people just being jerks. Also, there are tons of entitled WDW guests. I’m not convinced DVC owners are worse than anyone else based on my own experiences. Others will have different experiences and different opinions and that’s perfectly fine.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…try not to shoot the messenger agreeing with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom