News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

correcaminos

I agree about some people just being jerks. Also, there are tons of entitled WDW guests. I’m not convinced DVC owners are worse than anyone else based on my own experiences. Others will have different experiences and different opinions and that’s perfectly fine.
My guess is probably the same number across the board with WDW guests. But there seem to be more entitled people now than when I first bought as a whole. So maybe that's the issue? I moderate a very large DVC only group (over 26k memebers) so I see a lot of different types there but way more entitled owners than I'd like.

Chi84

Premium Member
My guess is probably the same number across the board with WDW guests. But there seem to be more entitled people now than when I first bought as a whole. So maybe that's the issue? I moderate a very large DVC only group (over 26k memebers) so I see a lot of different types there but way more entitled owners than I'd like.
Well that's 25,998 more DVC owners than I know personally, so I'll happily defer to your greater experience! :) Unfortunately, entitled behavior seems to be far more prevalent in all areas of life than when we bought into DVC 14 years ago.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Well that's 25,998 more DVC owners than I know personally, so I'll happily defer to your greater experience! :) Unfortunately, entitled behavior seems to be far more prevalent in all areas of life than when we bought into DVC 14 years ago.
This kinda behavior will only increase…and it’s pretty easy to see why. 🤫

correcaminos

Cannot say I know them personally, but by moderating I have to read a lot more crud than I would want to otherwise. The DVC owners I am very close friends with are great people. They aren't who I think of when. I think of DVC owners as a whole though because they were friends first. Just found out they had DVC later.

I even see in this thread not entitlement, but expectations. What DVC owner would want this room type? What is the proper way to theme? We often forget the DVC ownership pool is vast and varied. What one wants another will hate.

Would I stay at the new place? Maybe. GF isn't my favorite and if doing a longer trip we do want at least a kitchenette. I'll be going to WDW next week and I am not even sure we'll use the kitchenette at all. But that's a short trip with just me and my kid. Our week+ long trips are different. Not all people are the same and want the same. We somehow take offense if it doesn't match up with our ideals. That's not even getting to the not nice people who don't care about anyone but themselves.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Cannot say I know them personally, but by moderating I have to read a lot more crud than I would want to otherwise. The DVC owners I am very close friends with are great people. They aren't who I think of when. I think of DVC owners as a whole though because they were friends first. Just found out they had DVC later.

I even see in this thread not entitlement, but expectations. What DVC owner would want this room type? What is the proper way to theme? We often forget the DVC ownership pool is vast and varied. What one wants another will hate.

Would I stay at the new place? Maybe. GF isn't my favorite and if doing a longer trip we do want at least a kitchenette. I'll be going to WDW next week and I am not even sure we'll use the kitchenette at all. But that's a short trip with just me and my kid. Our week+ long trips are different. Not all people are the same and want the same. We somehow take offense if it doesn't match up with our ideals. That's not even getting to the not nice people who don't care about anyone but themselves.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom at VGF a few years back, and loved it. Would we stay in the new resort studios? Probably not, but since there are 200 of them and over 400,000 DVC owners, they will get booked. When we decide to stay there again, we'll book one of the original studios, as we like having a microwave in the room.

We absolutely see more entitled people everywhere nowadays, not just at Disney. I wonder sometimes where decency and respect for one another has gone. It's quite sad.

correcaminos

We stayed in a 1 bedroom at VGF a few years back, and loved it. Would we stay in the new resort studios? Probably not, but since there are 200 of them and over 400,000 DVC owners, they will get booked. When we decide to stay there again, we'll book one of the original studios, as we like having a microwave in the room.

We absolutely see more entitled people everywhere nowadays, not just at Disney. I wonder sometimes where decency and respect for one another has gone. It's quite sad.
For my November trip, I totally would have added a night there. Or if getting in late happy to stay. There are reasons why I even would book, but truly would look elsewhere first simply for point costs. I also don't love the idea of not having a balcony. While rare, the risk is there.

We have a 2bedroom at VGF in June. Looking forward to it. I haven't been able to convince my two to stay there prior so this is good. Then we'll have RR and SSR left for those 2. So we do try it all at least. I also realize that we won't love it all and feelings on resorts have changed.

But yeah entitlement is everywhere. Drives me nuts especially when it affects more than just the entitled.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I think it's to hold your phone, so that when you get wakened up by a ghost, you use the light of the phone rather than turn on the light and ruin the mood.
I know you're being sarcastic but honestly the shelf holds both a pair of eyeglasses and a phone. My family members who are nearly blind without glasses were very grateful for that shelf (obviously not in the new GF rooms) during recent stays at WL and Poly. Exact words were "this is great!"

Bocabear

An actual nightstand would be better... There is plenty of room for it, and honestly a nightstand isn't a luxury, but pretty necessary for most folks... a tiny shelf is better than nothing, but this is a $600/night + room...

SpaceMountain77

Last Thursday, I purchased a Resort Studio Theme Park View fixed week, now favorite week, for late September. I have been a member since 2012 and find booking Deluxe Studios at the 7- and 11-month mark to be increasingly difficult for popular weeks. While there is a 10% point premium, I appreciate the guarantee and not having to be online at 7:55am ET with multiple browser tabs open, hoping that I can secure a booking without the page becoming unresponsive or villas being unavailable. Also, I just do not have the time or interest to walk a reservation for weeks or months.

peter11435

An actual nightstand would be better... There is plenty of room for it, and honestly a nightstand isn't a luxury, but pretty necessary for most folks... a tiny shelf is better than nothing, but this is a $600/night + room...
There is an actual nightstand between the beds just like nearly all other resort rooms. The shelves are in addition to this on the opposite ends

Bocabear

There is an actual nightstand between the beds just like nearly all other resort rooms. The shelves are in addition to this on the opposite ends
I know there is a nightstand between the beds, but it is a small piece of real estate that would have to be shared by several people...
and again, this is a luxury property... the space is available and the cost for additional nightstands would certainly not break the bank...

peter11435

I know there is a nightstand between the beds, but it is a small piece of real estate that would have to be shared by several people...
and again, this is a luxury property... the space is available and the cost for additional nightstands would certainly not break the bank...
For years the standard resort rooms have only ever had a single nightstand between the beds. I’ve never once heard you complain that they needed additional nightstands. But now that some recent room refurbs have added a small shelf it is suddenly a problem.

correcaminos

Last Thursday, I purchased a Resort Studio Theme Park View fixed week, now favorite week, for late September. I have been a member since 2012 and find booking Deluxe Studios at the 7- and 11-month mark to be increasingly difficult for popular weeks. While there is a 10% point premium, I appreciate the guarantee and not having to be online at 7:55am ET with multiple browser tabs open, hoping that I can secure a booking without the page becoming unresponsive or villas being unavailable. Also, I just do not have the time or interest to walk a reservation for weeks or months.
Congratulations! Yes studios are getting really hard at some times of the year. Glad you will not have to worry.

Bocabear

For years the standard resort rooms have only ever had a single nightstand between the beds. I’ve never once heard you complain that they needed additional nightstands. But now that some recent room refurbs have added a small shelf it is suddenly a problem.
you never asked...lol

Disone

When we stay at our home resort Bay Lake Tower, we are always a bit shocked at how beat up the rooms are...Almost every visit includes a call to maintenance to repair or fix the curtains that have been torn off the rods or other things that are a result of willful damage...not just wear and tear...
I just stayed a night at Kidani. No issues in my room but it was just a studio. But honestly it was in great shape sans a few minor scrapes on the wall where the back of one of the chairs around the game table has been scuffing the wall.

My friends recently stayed in a grand villa at the Grand Floridian and that three bedroom unit had plenty of engineering opportunities. Sad considering it had just been refurbished. They would have called a man but one of the engineering opportunities was the phones weren't working. Sadly I'm not making that up:(.

They were finally able to figure out how to fix that themselves. And decided to watch the super bowl in the theater room without the surround sound which they could not figure out how to fix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom