News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

raymusiccity

I agree about some people just being jerks. Also, there are tons of entitled WDW guests. I’m not convinced DVC owners are worse than anyone else based on my own experiences. Others will have different experiences and different opinions and that’s perfectly fine.
I'd agree, since the feeling of entitlement is in direct proportion to the significant buy-in cost of DVC Membership.

Chi84

Premium Member
I'd agree, since the feeling of entitlement is in direct proportion to the significant buy-in cost of DVC Membership.
That's not what I experienced. Some of the worst jerks we encountered at WDW were the years we stayed in the value resorts - smoking wherever they pleased, making noise all night long. Just like everywhere else, there will be some good and some bad - I don't agree with the direct proportion thing, although I suppose it was meant to be clever.

Last edited:

Disone

Tuvalu

Yes

I swear it looks further along in person somehow. When we left on the 10th you could tell it was nearly done on the outside.
You left before the roof replacement. We just spent two days in the lodge adjacent to Big Pine Key. Constant beeping and horn blaring from cherry pickers and trucks, shingles being removed, nail guns installing new shingles, etc.

The courtyard pool area was not a place to relax.

There is siding missing from the right side of the building and paint/trim to be done. I saw pallets of bedding waiting to be installed.

When I read the above post that said the building is supposed to be opening on Monday my first thought was “no way.”

zapple

They also had a large part of the villas parking lot blocked off for construction equipment the last couple of weeks, I assume it’s still there. I didn’t hear any construction noise while inside the villas building. I wonder how loud the Poly construction is going to be in the original villas building once that gets going full swing.

correcaminos

You left before the roof replacement. We just spent two days in the lodge adjacent to Big Pine Key. Constant beeping and horn blaring from cherry pickers and trucks, shingles being removed, nail guns installing new shingles, etc.

The courtyard pool area was not a place to relax.

There is siding missing from the right side of the building and paint/trim to be done. I saw pallets of bedding waiting to be installed.

When I read the above post that said the building is supposed to be opening on Monday my first thought was “no way.”
No you are incorrect. The 10th was a week ago, and the roof replacement was very visible to me. Exposed portions of the roof got smaller by the time we left. The scaffolding on the ends with the stairs were there and I see in the pictures it was removed and they have added a lot of siding.

ETA the trash chutes they had on the stairwells are gone as well. Definitely a massive improvement from a week ago.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

No you are incorrect. The 10th was a week ago, and the roof replacement was very visible to me. Exposed portions of the roof got smaller by the time we left. The scaffolding on the ends with the stairs were there and I see in the pictures it was removed and they have added a lot of siding.

ETA the trash chutes they had on the stairwells are gone as well. Definitely a massive improvement from a week ago.
All I am saying is this morning they were still working on the roof. 🤷🏻‍♀️

correcaminos

All I am saying is this morning they were still working on the roof. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think that was obvious since the pics and article showed as much ;) I was just letting you know that they were working on the roof even a week ago. The roof was worse 2 weeks ago and improved during our 8 days at VGF. Same with the stairs and such. Will it be done by Monday? Eh but I see massive improvements and watched it get better daily while staying there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom