Disney Trip From Hell

I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK TO WALT DISNEY WORLD. THE SERVICE AND HOSPITALITY, THERE HAS CERTAINLY CHANGED. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN CONTINUE TO BUILD NEW HOTELS BUT NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION, OR A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO GO SEEMS AS THOUGH ITS NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE SO THIS WAS THE LAST TIME FOR ME!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maria

Originally posted by lukacseven
If only Disney had a way of controlling those pesky afternoon thunderstorms, I'd go there every other week.

:lol: I couldn´t believe people complained to Guest Relations about that and wanted their money back, until I was the GR hostess and experienced it first hand! :rolleyes:

:animwink:

DanStat

I can understand your fusturation, but consider this scenario...

I live in Charlotte, NC. The 28th largest city in the US. The people who manage area transit actually sent employees down to Disney World to see how they have created such an efficient bussing service. So, that must mean they're doing something right.

Just a thought...

johnvree

Originally posted by car4911
I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK TO WALT DISNEY WORLD. THE SERVICE AND HOSPITALITY, THERE HAS CERTAINLY CHANGED. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN CONTINUE TO BUILD NEW HOTELS BUT NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION, OR A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO GO SEEMS AS THOUGH ITS NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE SO THIS WAS THE LAST TIME FOR ME!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well I for one certainly plan to learn from this post and not make the same mistakes this guy did. Besides the fact that no one should ever go back to WDW, there's a lot to be learned here:

First, WDW is not a very hospitable place. I've noticed the change too. All those CMs constantly smiling and telling you to have a great day and waiting on your every whim. Where do they get off? And what's really annoying is when you have a complaint, as this guy apparently had several, and Disney staff actually does something about it. Don't they realize the disappointment they are setting us up for in the real world? Shame on Disney.

Second, all of those hotels really have screwed up the transportation. I know how frustrating it is when I have to wait TWENTY minutes for a bus. For the prices we pay, the least Disney can do is purchase a limo for each hotel room on the property. And the good thing about that idea is that most of the hotel walkways could accomodate a limo, so your car could pick you up right at your hotel room door. That would get rid of the extremely inconvenient 5 to 10 minute walk to the bus stop that you have to endure at most on-site resorts.

Third, Disney really does need to expand. If you are going to add resorts, youreally need to give us some more things to do. In the last 15 years, Disney has added more than a dozen resorts. And what have they added in terms of entertainment? Disney-MGM, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island, Disney Market Place, Disney West Side, Wide World of Sports and the Animal Kingdom. Come-on, we need more than that. Especially when you consider that WDW is in the middle of nowhere with absolutely nothing to do off Disney property. Solution: Tear down some of the new resorts and use the material to build new monorails to every resort and attraction. Kind of kills two birds with one stone (i.e., the too many resort problem and the inadequate transportaiton problem).

car4911 has the right idea. His message needs to be heard. How else do we expect to get limos-to-your-door transportation and a new theme park for every new resort. Based on his post, I have already canceled my May, 2004 trip and have donated the money saved to the "car4911 Fund". For those who choose to contribute, your money will go to fund the therapy that car4911 will need because of his horrible Disney experience.

AriBelle23

Re: Re: Disney Trip From Hell

Originally posted by johnvree
Well I for one certainly plan to learn from this post and not make the same mistakes this guy did. Besides the fact that no one should ever go back to WDW, there's a lot to be learned here:

First, WDW is not a very hospitable place. I've noticed the change too. All those CMs constantly smiling and telling you to have a great day and waiting on your every whim. Where do they get off? And what's really annoying is when you have a complaint, as this guy apparently had several, and Disney staff actually does something about it. Don't they realize the disappointment they are setting us up for in the real world? Shame on Disney.

Second, all of those hotels really have screwed up the transportation. I know how frustrating it is when I have to wait TWENTY minutes for a bus. For the prices we pay, the least Disney can do is purchase a limo for each hotel room on the property. And the good thing about that idea is that most of the hotel walkways could accomodate a limo, so your car could pick you up right at your hotel room door. That would get rid of the extremely inconvenient 5 to 10 minute walk to the bus stop that you have to endure at most on-site resorts.

Third, Disney really does need to expand. If you are going to add resorts, youreally need to give us some more things to do. In the last 15 years, Disney has added more than a dozen resorts. And what have they added in terms of entertainment? Disney-MGM, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island, Disney Market Place, Disney West Side, Wide World of Sports and the Animal Kingdom. Come-on, we need more than that. Especially when you consider that WDW is in the middle of nowhere with absolutely nothing to do off Disney property. Solution: Tear down some of the new resorts and use the material to build new monorails to every resort and attraction. Kind of kills two birds with one stone (i.e., the too many resort problem and the inadequate transportaiton problem).

car4911 has the right idea. His message needs to be heard. How else do we expect to get limos-to-your-door transportation and a new theme park for every new resort. Based on his post, I have already canceled my May, 2004 trip and have donated the money saved to the "car4911 Fund". For those who choose to contribute, your money will go to fund the therapy that car4911 will need because of his horrible Disney experience.

Oh man, i have to say, i was un sure about what you were posting until I read the limo thing. Then i knew it was all just heavy sarcasm. I laughed though. Very well thought out. I think I will keep my trips planned though instead of cancel them and doante money :lol: :)

johnvree

I gave this guy a couple of weeks to give some details before leaning in to him (or her). I know people are allowed to express opinions here. But there's just no reason to bash Disney on a Disney discussion board if you are not prepared to back it up with facts. Was he trying to help? I don't think. Otherwise he would have let us in on what made his trip so horrible so we could avoid the same situation.

AriBelle23

You got it, I agree with you 100%! There is absolutely no reason to say such things about DISNEY on a DISNEY discussion board unless you are going to provide more information besides, "Disney sucks!" I have been waiting as well to hear their response to everything we all asked. I was like the 3rd to reply to the original post and I made sure to show concern and not be sarcastic just in case they were going to respond with some legitimate reasons why their trip was so awful. Obviously there was no response. :) (like I really expected there to be anyway!)

Pooh88

Hour to Epcot

In fairness I think it depends where you stay. This time we stayed a couple of days at the Caribbean Beach and the rest of the week at the Wilderness. At the Caribbean Beach we waited over an hour for an Epcot bus. One lady missed her character breakfast. Problem was they had just one bus and it would fill up before it got to our part of the resort and leave. :mad:

We got fed up and took the MK bus and took the monorail rather than wait....

Erika

Re: Hour to Epcot

Originally posted by Pooh88
In fairness I think it depends where you stay. This time we stayed a couple of days at the Caribbean Beach and the rest of the week at the Wilderness. At the Caribbean Beach we waited over an hour for an Epcot bus. One lady missed her character breakfast. Problem was they had just one bus and it would fill up before it got to our part of the resort and leave. :mad:

I think it depends on timing and luck rather than location. We had excellent luck with Caribbean Beach. If you wait around long enough, someone will come on here and say the Wilderness transportation was a nightmare.

surfsupdon

Re: Re: Hour to Epcot

Originally posted by Erika
I think it depends on timing and luck rather than location. We had excellent luck with Caribbean Beach. If you wait around long enough, someone will come on here and say the Wilderness transportation was a nightmare.

Excellent point. It's not that just Caribbean Beach has bad transportation (when in fact it is excellent). All resorts and all guests may run into one time when they have a problem. It just happens. I've had to wait a little longer than the standard 20 mins at both Dolphin and Riverside.

In summation, all resorts have great transportation most of the time.

Heyyall

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Disney is such a magical place for me and I LOVE IT! It's my favorite vacation spot ever. :xmas:

Michael72688

Not going back cause of bad transportation? I can believe that the transportation was bad (for me that wouldn't mean that I would never go back) but I dont believe that the service was bad, its Disney, they dont have bad service

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom