Disney Trip From Hell

I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK TO WALT DISNEY WORLD. THE SERVICE AND HOSPITALITY, THERE HAS CERTAINLY CHANGED. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN CONTINUE TO BUILD NEW HOTELS BUT NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION, OR A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO GO SEEMS AS THOUGH ITS NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE SO THIS WAS THE LAST TIME FOR ME!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Erika

When was the last time you were there? I was there twice this past year and the transportation was as excellent as ever. There have been people like you who have had bad experiences and I guess I've been lucky, but try not to let one bad trip ruin it for you completely :)

CTXRover

Sorry to hear your unhappiness, but I must say that your experience sounds odd and I'm curious for what exactly made your trip so bad.

What did you do exactly on your most recent trip that you feel there was nothing to do and how long ago was it since your last trip? Disney has expanded enormously since the 90's. Hotels have only been a small part of that. Since the hotel explosion at WDW has really started, a new theme park, a new waterpark, a huge addition to Downtown Disney, minature golf courses, new rides/attractions, etc. have been added. In fact, you could easily go to Disney for a few days and never visit a theme park and be entertained. It takes good planning, but there is stuff out there to do that the average tourist doesn't do. For instance, horse-back riding, parasailing, water sprites, surfing lessons, taking in a show at Cirque De Soleli or the AMC theaters, etc.

I have always been kind of fascinated at how Disney can move so many people to so many places so efficiently through buses, monorails, boats, ferrys, etc. Sure, sometimes it can take a while to get from say Wilderness Lodge to AK, but I don't think it is a result of lack of efficient transportation. I have never been stranded anywhere on Disney property and there are no "Disney-owned" resorts that don't have a decent transportation system. That said, I always rent a car (or bring my own ;) ) when I'm there. After all, parking is free at the parks when you're a resort guest and my own transportation always leaves when I want :lol:

ISTCrew20

(say in annoying gramma voice)

ANGER MANAGEMENT!!!

Calm down, how can you yell, and you didnt even say what happend. Deep breaths, count to 10, there ya go buddy...

AriBelle23

Wow...even if the transportation was a little slower than normal, i STILL don't think that would result in "The Disney trip from hell" for me...what was so horrible about the hospitality?? I can see one or two cast members not being as pleasant as they all should...but yet again, that would still not make my trip all that horrible. :) Explain a little more though about why it was so bad. I am interested in hearing this.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I was just there today... service is definitely up to par as it always has. If you have a problem with transportation, write a letter or an email to the appropriate party.

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by mkt
I was just there today... service is definitely up to par as it always has. If you have a problem with transportation, write a letter or an email to the appropriate party.

And be sure to write it in all caps with lots of exclamation points and little smilies...that'll really get your point across.

The Mom

Premium Member
The poster talks about crowded buses and long waits in another thread. I agree that opening and closing buses/monorails/boats are very crowded, but otherwise the transportation has always been fine.

I have had some less than perfect trips myself, but have visited so many times that the good trips far outweigh the bad. (And even the "bad" weren't terrible. ) I suspect that my opinion of WDW would be very different if my first or second trip had been a bad one.

foxfire

Originally posted by car4911
I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK TO WALT DISNEY WORLD. THE SERVICE AND HOSPITALITY, THERE HAS CERTAINLY CHANGED. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN CONTINUE TO BUILD NEW HOTELS BUT NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION, OR A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO GO SEEMS AS THOUGH ITS NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE SO THIS WAS THE LAST TIME FOR ME!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok, I've had my fair share of incidents @ WDW...99.8% of the time it's wonderful & magical and the 0.2% it's not, every place is entitled to goof up now and then. Sure, bad things happen, but I wouldn't be auditioning to be a CM/Performer if I didn't love the place....

If they didn't build new hotels, where would the guests sleep? And sure, occasionally you might have to wait for a bus...they're transporting thousands of people per day...if you can't wait for a bus, hop in your car (in general, not specifically "you").

And please, turn of Caps Lock.

aim

Originally posted by car4911

What on earth happened! Please tell us soon!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
here's what I think...

288bsflag-thumb.gif

lukacseven

I agree, you have to expect to wait a few minutes once in a while for a bus. As for the hospitality issue, I think due to the economic changes the past 2 years and the cut-backs that followed, the resorts and parks are somewhat understaffed. So, I think it's necessary to accept a certain small amount of inconvenience. I was there as recently as July and found that other than the pool at the resort I stayed being closed for refurbishment for a few days, the same friendly service as always. If only Disney had a way of controlling those pesky afternoon thunderstorms, I'd go there every other week.

Lokheed

Originally posted by lukacseven
If only Disney had a way of controlling those pesky afternoon thunderstorms, I'd go there every other week.

I haven't seen those thunderstorms since early September. It rained last night for a while around 11pm, but it is a lovely day outside with nothing but blue skies. It's not especially humid, and the temperature is in the upper 70's to lower 80's. Come on down! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom