Disney to start Furloughs April 19th

TrojanUSC

I wonder where the seasonal CM falls into all of this? You have the FT/PT and the CP’s who Disney only has to pay $1.00 out of $10.00 and then makes money when collecting rent. I’d be nervous if I was seasonal.

Why? Seasonal CMs aren't guaranteed hours and get no benefits beyond like two free park tickets/year. They'd likely rather keep on a few seasonal employees than full-time headcount where they have to pay real benefits.

Last edited:

celluloid

Waiting to see what Merlin Entertainment, Cedar Fair or Universal does. I figure we will know by Monday.
Also, Gatorland possibly.
I do not know what most smaller attractions that are still large in the industry like Wonderworks and Ripley's did.

DCL

as it should be. And they should be a priority over CP's, IMO.

The current group of CPs have all been sent home. When the parks re-open, there won't be any CPs still here to be scheduled.

It will have to be FT/PT Cast working when the parks re-open. I'm also curious if Disney is still actively recruiting for future CPers. They should be looking to fill positions for the fall semester.

Lilofan

The current group of CPs have all been sent home. When the parks re-open, there won't be any CPs still here to be scheduled.

It will have to be FT/PT Cast working when the parks re-open. I'm also curious if Disney is still actively recruiting for future CPers. They should be looking to fill positions for the fall semester.
There were posters a few weeks ago saying a big amount of CPs were scheduled to arrive at WDW in May and June.

Surferboy567

There were posters a few weeks ago saying a big amount of CPs were scheduled to arrive at WDW in May and June.

As one of those CP...I can confirm. I don’t know if I’ll even go like I said in a previous thread. Too little information for me to properly access the situation. I want to go, but health comes first.

High chance it gets postponed or even cancelled. April and May definitely doesn’t happen I’d be surprised if June happens. We are probably looking at a decent closure.

celluloid

As one of those CP...I can confirm. I don’t know if I’ll even go like I said in a previous thread. Too little information for me to properly access the situation. I want to go, but health comes first.

High chance it gets postponed or even cancelled. April and May definitely doesn’t happen I’d be surprised if June happens. We are probably looking at a decent closure.

Thanks for sharing. I imagine so many CP Students are in a similar boat and will choose to not do it even if a modified one for many reasons. This shifted some college around for a lot of people and many will be either concerned or have other priorities. It may also come down to state rules on such a thing if this is not a lot better by then.

Surferboy567

Thanks for sharing. I imagine so many CP Students are in a similar boat and will choose to not do it even if a modified one for many reasons. This shifted some college around for a lot of people and many will be either concerned or have other priorities. It may also come down to state rules on such a thing if this is not a lot better by then.

No problem!

State travel advisory/bans can also be a factor. Like I said I’m unsure of what I will do I may go...but if it’s as bad as it looks I’m not going to be stupid and risk a health emergency.

I’m even doubtful their will be a program...but who knows could be postponed as that is the more likely option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom