News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

dreamfinder

I was looking to order a few of the premium bands and noticed the following disclaimer:

WARNING: This product can expose you to bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

Anyone think bpa and kids are not a good thing?

I do believe that Cali also has similar warnings for Lead and Coffee. BPA I do believe is shown to be dangerous only if consumed, and in large amounts, so unless you are eating your MagicBands you should be ok, but they still post the warning as required.

That linked website shows all the various things that Cali requires warnings on, and you can see the specific BPA warning here -> https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/fact...and-proposition-65-frequently-asked-questions

Keep in mind that alot of aluminum cans still have BPA, along with lids for glass jars. Those come in contact with the food you consume, so more likely to cause damage that by wearing the band for a week.

Dukeblue1227

Has anyone been able to get this to work? I've been trying for like 3 months and every single time I get an error. It's so frustrating. I have a party of 6 going, and sometimes I can pick up to about 3 before it stops working. Never can get all six. And then when I go back the following day the ones I picked previously are sometimes gone.

Andrew M

Has anyone been able to get this to work? I've been trying for like 3 months and every single time I get an error. It's so frustrating. I have a party of 6 going, and sometimes I can pick up to about 3 before it stops working. Never can get all six. And then when I go back the following day the ones I picked previously are sometimes gone.

Yeah, I did the same on my family of 5. I had ones picked out for all three kids, and my wife wanted one, but it sold out. After waiting a trying again a few times over the next month or so I gave up and just got special ones for 2 of my 3 kids. I didn't want to wait around any longer and have all my choices disappear.

kainsel

What I have noticed is they tend to load more choices during the day. Yesterday it went from 5 premium bands to 28 around noontime. Two hours later it was down to about 11 premium bands. I am waiting for a few different ones to come back so I have not tried to checkout yet. When they do restock, they go fast.

rreading

What I have noticed is they tend to load more choices during the day. Yesterday it went from 5 premium bands to 28 around noontime. Two hours later it was down to about 11 premium bands. I am waiting for a few different ones to come back so I have not tried to checkout yet. When they do restock, they go fast.

Absurd that they can't stock enough of these. I would think that it's basically printing money for them!

DisneyDreamer08

I’ve given up too. My family of 4 is going in January. My girls really want princess, Frozen or Tinkerbell. I’ve seen Tink once or twice but there’s never a good option for the other.
So we are sticking with the solid ones.

TOCPE82

I had issues for my August trip. Came back here to see that it is no better at all.

The solution is to let you place multiple orders when what you want is in stock, then ship them at a predetermined deadline date. As it stands now, you need to have everyone's choice selected AND in stock... which as you can see with how they're handling stock, is not easy.

I'vr had absolutely 0 luck with these. I've been looking for the Dory one and the Toy Story one. Today, both came up at the same time (After searching multiple times a day, for several weeks). I couldn't believe my eyes. Went to add them both, then suddenly they were out of stock, within seconds. Unreal. We have 15 days to make our selections and at this rate, we are going to end up with the solids...

daringstoic

Trying to book these has been an absolutely infuriating experience. I would've quit trying ages ago except I keep seeing a Figment one pop up that I can't order anywhere else online and I really, really want it. I'm trying at least six times a day and it just never works. This is made even more frustrating by the fact that the Magic Band ordering site only lets me in if I open an incognito window or clear my cookies. There's absolutely no excuse for a company this large to have such a terrible way of presenting inventory. It was one thing when they first rolled it out, but it's been months and they still haven't figured it out. I'm only trying to order for a party of 2. I can't imagine trying to get a larger group's Magic Bands all together.

DCBaker

Premium Member
New additions

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 6.52.01 AM.png

I *think* this one is new as well, but not 100% sure.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 6.52.14 AM.png

DisneyDreamer08

It is so incredibly frustrating that the bands my kids want can be purchased on the Disney Store website for full price but you can’t upgrade for $10 through the ME App :mad: I have literally been trying since June and I have yet to find 4 that we want all at the same time. Forget it Disney, I’ll keep my 40 bucks.

Rayman

In the Parks
No
Was there a recall on the Slap Bracelet versions?
Yes they were. The site that shall not be named had a story about it, and I also saw it a few times in the magicband collectors Facebook groups I'm in. Apparently there were issues with linking the pucks to people's MDE account.

DisneyDreamer08

Is there a certain time of day they add more? I’ve been checking like a crazy person since June and have yet to find 4 good ones at the same time. We only have 4 days left now :(

deeevo

I was looking to order a few of the premium bands and noticed the following disclaimer:

WARNING: This product can expose you to bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

Anyone think bpa and kids are not a good thing?

I mean if they are gonna eat probably not.

brettf22

Premium Member
Is there a certain time of day they add more? I’ve been checking like a crazy person since June and have yet to find 4 good ones at the same time. We only have 4 days left now :(
From my travails trying to do the same thing this summer, here’s the pattern I noticed. Don’t know if it’s still valid, though ....

A little tip based on my days (and weeks, and months) of trying to get a specific band.

It seems the magic number is 43.

As in inventory is updated at 43 past the hour.

Some caveats. It doesn’t update every hour, every day. And, obviously, YMMV based on differences in watch/phone/computer time settings.

So, if you’re looking for a specific band, start refreshing at 42 past the hour. Make sure to select Grid View. Note that since they updated the system last week to randomly display all bands instead of displaying in the same order, each time you refresh, the band display order with be different. So, you must scroll and visually search each time you refresh. I found that if inventory didn’t update by the time I got to 44 past the hour, the inventory did not update that hour.

tirian

Hey everyone, I have a question about this. Up until now, I’ve never purchased a specialty band because the colors fade so badly on the regular ones, I’ve been wary of throwing away $30 for a design I like. None of my friends buy the specialty ones either. What have your experiences been? Do the colors hold up?

Hcalvert

Hey everyone, I have a question about this. Up until now, I’ve never purchased a specialty band because the colors fade so badly on the regular ones, I’ve been wary of throwing away $30 for a design I like. None of my friends buy the specialty ones either. What have your experiences been? Do the colors hold up?
I have the It's a Small World limited edition band, my husband has the purple Thanos, and my son has the blue emoji one and they all kept their color during our 9 day trip in July. We are wearing them again in January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom