News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

cslafferty

They must have gotten some new stock because they have more selections today than they’ve had in a while. I was able to get the 2019 Mickey and Friends, AND the Castle band!!

cosmicgirl

I think this one's new:
MB_17sep.jpg

Has anyone seen SSE lately?

tissandtully

It would seem that the easiest solution, which has probably been mentioned at some point in the past 600+ posts, is, why don't they offer all of the D-Tech on Demand options on the website?

Just use the basic designs (no adding the name for $8.00), and then you have instantly multiple designs (100+?), that can't go out of stock (because they are not in stock in advance), that are then made on demand either in a fourth printer bought specifically for this, or by using one of the three existing printers in-park, then they just add the name how they currently do so for onsite guests.

Supplement this with any bands not selling well to clear excess stock, and people should have no issues being able to get a designed Magicband.

Is there any reason this could not be done?
Pretty sure these are already unsold D-Tech bands....

cosmicgirl

i noticed on it and the figment band they only gave 10$ discount. On another note ive been trying to get the bands our family all want but havent had any luck getting all 3 of them available at the same time......i guess we will draw straws and see who gets to pick a custom one.
Indeed, or it could also be a mistake like with the GE one. People who ordered it and paid $29.99 later got a $15 refund.

cosmicgirl

Not totally. Some designs have appeared as options when they've only just been released in the parks, and @cosmicgirl has posted a pre-arrival exclusive that went up earlier today.
Thanks, I've given up on proving people wrong whenever someone claimed they're only doing this to get rid of old stock. ;)
There have been plenty of new releases that hit the order page on the same days as, or even before their release on ShopDisney.

Gillyanne

I ordered our AP bands the other day, I got the Figment F&W (don't remember seeing it anywhere before, gotta get the fig!) and I ended up w/ the Aqua castle for the little. She'd probably love the Vampirina one (she's going as her for Halloween) but I didn't feel like waiting, and we usually take the pucks out for her anyway. I had seen it in the "shop parks" part of the app then, so I was hoping to just get it that way, but it wouldn't let me add it to my bag, and now it's not there. Fingers crossed the Vampirina one comes out as a regular purchase, or at least some other V design...

JaxFLBear

Are these the real prices? Some 10, some 15 and some 20? I thought they were all supposed to be 10?
$10 is the starting price. For most bands, the upgrade price reflects a $14.99 discount off the retail price. That would make a Graphic Open Edition MB that retails for $24.99 only $10 as an upgrade.

kainsel

I was looking to order a few of the premium bands and noticed the following disclaimer:

WARNING: This product can expose you to bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

Anyone think bpa and kids are not a good thing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom