Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

disney fan 13

^That most likely is the reason, mainly because its somewhat redundant to add 1,000 seats to a show that has two showings, which most likely means there will only be one showing from now on...

Californian Elitist

I don't see how they could safely add 1000+ in additional seating while keeping the show running. Also, anybody see this as a cost cutting measure? A way to remove the occasional second performances?

Maybe they won't have the show running? I can't seem to think of how they'll do it with the show running either. Does Fantasmic! not run twice all the time? I didn't know that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't see how they could safely add 1000+ in additional seating while keeping the show running. Also, anybody see this as a cost cutting measure? A way to remove the occasional second performances?

This is a 1000 new SEATS, not 1000 new capacity since these will be going in the standing room area. It's possible they could install these in sections without even shutting the show down.

JWG

Well, here's an hour of my life I'd like back. 20 pages of Avatar infighting to find out something we knew and no one cared about. Seat replace standing and the castle show has been renamed to appear "new".

Woooooooooo.......

Siberianbreaks

I think they need to do something really bad at AK, something similar to the concept art of beastly kingdom but with new ideas and for Hollywood studios, i hope they don't do carsland, I hope they just have a bunch of pixar related attractions or make something similar to carsland but with a different pixar movie, but I think it's be better if they had something of everything like mini lands for a few Pixar movies and for fantasmic, hopefully it gets some work done, every park needs work except magic kingdom right now. For epcot they need to modernize the original journey Into imagination, bring back imageworks, reopen wonders of life with a more modern look but it'll never happen .-.

Well, here's an hour of my life I'd like back. 20 pages of Avatar infighting to find out something we knew and no one cared about. Seat replace standing and the castle show has been renamed to appear "new".

Woooooooooo.......
Which is this forum's fault for the insane reaction and not Disney's.

menamechris

I can't imagine how annoyed our local media outlets must be. To create a media event to announce 1,000 extra seats for a nightime show - and few vague images of a castle show premiering in November? Well, the Orlando Sentinel hasn't deemed it worthy to post yet...neither has our local news stations' websites.

But kudos to Disney for finding another way to flush thousands of dollars down the toilet. I am sure the event tonight wasn't cheap to pull off.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't imagine how annoyed our local media outlets must be. To create a media event to announce 1,000 extra seats for a nightime show - and few vague images of a castle show premiering in November? Well, the Orlando Sentinel hasn't deemed it worthy to post yet...neither has our local news stations' websites.

But kudos to Disney for finding another way to flush thousands of dollars down the toilet. I am sure the event tonight wasn't cheap to pull off.

I assume they got in for free, so at least they got something out of it :)

JWG

Which is this forum's fault for the insane reaction and not Disney's.

I'm willing to go "halvsies" on it. This was an overhyped underwhelming announcement. But yes, the insanity did ensue.
And, yes, it was my choice to read it - but you have to wade through the garbage hoping to get the real news. Should have known better.

I think they they should have live televised events for such breaking news in the future.

Yes, because a blog news post is making a huge deal out of it. How about you start blaming your selves?

Captain Chaos

I'm willing to go "halvsies" on it. This was an overhyped underwhelming announcement. But yes, the insanity did ensue.
And, yes, it was my choice to read it - but you have to wade through the garbage hoping to get the real news. Should have known better.

I think they they should have live televised events for such breaking news in the future.

Well, in fairness, and no I am not making excuses for this announcement, Disney didn't hype this as something big... They never once announced they were having an announcement.. And never once was it ever called huge... Only the fanboys who love to bathe in their own blather about how wonderful WDW is and how huge and wonderful each announcement and project is hyped this up...

With that said, inviting the media to announce BENCHES is really pathetic and proves how incompetent this management team really is...

menamechris

With that said, inviting the media to announce BENCHES is really pathetic and proves how incompetent this management team really is...

This. Even if the media does end up mentioning the new benches at some point...the overwhelming response (even from locals) will be "What the hell is Fantasmic?"

It shows yet again that Disney management lives in their own bubble where they think the average person is completely aware and interested in every entertainment offering at WDW. The bottom line is most people do not care. To further assume they care about extra seats for a show they may or may not remember is just crazy-talk.

Rasvar

Well, in fairness, and no I am not making excuses for this announcement, Disney didn't hype this as something big... They never once announced they were having an announcement.. And never once was it ever called huge... Only the fanboys who love to bathe in their own blather about how wonderful WDW is and how huge and wonderful each announcement and project is hyped this up...

I'll complain as fast as anyone but was there an actual media event or was this just something that was sent out as a PR note? It seemed like an "oh by the way" on the Disney parks Blog talking more about the "Celebrate the Magic" show. So I'm guessing the Fantasmic seating was just piggybacked. Most of us knew about the new show here but it really had not been formerly announced, so I can see having a small event for that, barely. I'm just not going to see adding (or converting standing room) 1000 seats as something that really means anything to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom