Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

Captain Chaos

I'll complain as fast as anyone but was there an actual media event or was this just something that was sent out as a PR note? It seemed like an "oh by the way" on the Disney parks Blog talking more about the "Celebrate the Magic" show. So I'm guessing the Fantasmic seating was just piggybacked. Must of knew about the new show here but it really had not been formerly announced, so I can see having a small event for that, barely. I'm just not going to see adding (or converting standing room) 1000 seats as something that really means anything to me.

Media was invited to the first showing of Fantasmic as part of this announcement...

ctxak98

You said all there was to HP was Hogwarts and moving pictures inside of a castle. I don't know anyone that would share that sentiment.
thats because you said something about avatar just being a jungle.....It can go either way but we both know theres more to both of the movies

maxairmike

Media was out and doing their thing tonight, interviewed Dan, and evidently our favorite fan, Lou, was taping the entire show from the control booth. I couldn't stop cracking up watching the Fox35 spot a few minutes ago. I'm sure the local media is at least slightly annoyed at paying videographers, on-air talent, etc. to cover the addition of...benches.

Ignohippo

Also, anybody see this as a cost cutting measure? A way to remove the occasional second performances?

This was exactly my thought. This will save them tons. I'm sorry to add to the "TDO Is Cheap" rhetoric but this can be the only reason. They probably received a ton of complaints that F! was only run once a night and, rather than simply continuing to show two shows a night, they've chosen to simply add more seating so they can only run the show once. Sadly, rather than doing what it should, TDO has once again chosen the cheap way out.

Listen, we all understand this is a business. I think the reason many of us get so frustrated with TDO is that we see how much money they're leaving on the table constantly. We want them to add more to the parks because, in the end, if they add more, they draw more and we all win.

Fantasmic! has to be the most popular show at WDW (Wishes and Illuminations not included). I understand it must cost a lot to operate but how many draws does DHS really have? I've never been to the show when it wasn't at capacity and the announcements for it actually say to get there early to ensure getting a seat. Your guests shouldn't have to wait an hour and a half to see an outside show.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope this is TDO truly looking out for its guests. The fact that they're adding seating just in time for the slower winter season tells me, unfortunately, that they're doing this so that they can cut the number of showings.

tomman710

Media was out and doing their thing tonight, interviewed Dan, and evidently our favorite fan, Lou, was taping the entire show from the control booth. I couldn't stop cracking up watching the Fox35 spot a few minutes ago. I'm sure the local media is at least slightly annoyed at paying videographers, on-air talent, etc. to cover the addition of...benches.

Lou said, "The 1,000 seat Fantasmic addition is the most important and significant addition to Florida since Ponce de Leon found it."

Ooo sounds exciting!

Captain Chaos

Like I said, Lou is doing O faces...

o-face-275x300.jpg

maxairmike

So what was the announcement? I feel lost

The announcement was that they're adding 1,000 worth in seating to the current standing room only areas. Oh, and if you hadn't heard already, there's a new castle projection show coming in November at the Magic Kingdom. And they pulled the local media out for that.

koryadams

The announcement was that they're adding 1,000 worth in seating to the current standing room only areas. Oh, and if you hadn't heard already, there's a new castle projection show coming in November at the Magic Kingdom. And they pulled the local media out for that.
oh...I know about the new "Celebrate the Magic" show. Thats old news. But that's not too exciting (more seating)

mm52200

If they're going to go to the effort to add seating, can't they please make some upgrades to the show? I love the show I really do, but just a few things such as a new dragon, digital projectors, and some new tarps would make a significant difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom