Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

Ignohippo

Carsland?
Star Wars?
Monsters Inc Coaster? (please please please! ;))
I hope it isn't just Radiator Springs Racers... ಠ_ಠ

It doesn't sound like it'll be anything major.

It looks like they're trying to piggyback (and take some of the news time away from) the Legoland announcement of a Star Wars mini-land and pirates additions tomorrow. Nothing more.

Any big announcement will come when USO is finally ready to announce Transformers and Potter.

M.rudolf

It looks like they're trying to piggyback (and take some of the news time away from) the Legoland announcement of a Star Wars mini-land and pirates additions tomorrow. Nothing more.

Any big announcement will come when USO is finally ready to announce Transformers and Potter.
I agree 100 percent they'll announce a week or 2 after uni

GLaDOS

Depends on your definition of major.

so if Disney and Cameron are having "creative differences" (does this just mean money?), how long until Cameron marches his blue aliens down the street to a theme park that doesn't have the same trouble ceding control? Isn't this just going to be another missed opportunity like Potterland? In five years are we all going to be looking for Disney's answer to Universal's Avatarland?

I never saw the movie, so I don't have an opinion on the content, but I'd hate to see Disney miss another major opportunity, especially one that could be a game changer for Animal Kingdom!

DisneyFan 2000

This whole will they/won't they announce (and build) dance is getting so frustrating. You'd imagine with the way Disney is going about this that expansions to theme parks are a rarity that happens once every dynasty.

disney fan 13

so if Disney and Cameron are having "creative differences" (does this just mean money?), how long until Cameron marches his blue aliens down the street to a theme park that doesn't have the same trouble ceding control? Isn't this just going to be another missed opportunity like Potterland? In five years are we all going to be looking for Disney's answer to Universal's Avatarland?

I never saw the movie, so I don't have an opinion on the content, but I'd hate to see Disney miss another major opportunity, especially one that could be a game changer for Animal Kingdom!

I believe that I read somewhere that UNI actually passed on Avatar, so I doubt he would double back...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Does anyone know what time the official announcement will be made?
I am having deja view. All of us waiting for the big announcement and it was the new name for celebration and a projection on a castle.

What makes me cautious is Disney never really has big announcements for cancelling a project or a major change or time frame. The Wharf just kinda faded away. Test Track went quietly from Sept to the end of November. I believe it is a 50/50 chance Avatar would be built but a grand PR announcement for Avatar being cancelled wouldn't be like the Mouse. Then again nothing floors me anymore. Better chance that Fantasmic is going down for a long refurb. and adding adequate seating to keep guests from blocking most of Sunset Blvd. for hours on end.

GLaDOS

I am having deja view. All of us waiting for the big announcement and it was the new name for celebration and a projection on a castle.

What makes me cautious is Disney never really has big announcements for cancelling a project or a major change or time frame. The Wharf just kinda faded away. Test Track went quietly from Sept to the end of November. I believe it is a 50/50 chance Avatar would be built but a grand PR announcement for Avatar being cancelled wouldn't be like the Mouse. Then again nothing floors me anymore. Better chance that Fantasmic is going down for a long refurb. and adding adequate seating to keep guests from blocking most of Sunset Blvd. for hours on end.

The announcement is not about Avatar. It's about Fantasmic, primarily.

Taylor

Disney already owns the rights so UNI couldn't do it

Viget

Going on the net looking for concept art and finding none isn't something to base a story off of. A reporter has to have sources or evidence and verify. Lack of evidence isn't always a good calculator of anything. .

My comment is kind of OT, but yes, this is true. As we say in science, "absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence."

Acolli18

Any chance this is just a "Disney makes an announcement, find out more tonight at 6!", where there story really is just some minor work or some charity work some kid did at WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom