Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

FrankLapidus

I highly doubt anyone would research a story on what they read on a internet forum. Come on, you really don't believe that do you?

Very, very rarely does any so called "inside" information posted here come to pass, to believe it enough to actually write a story about it would make the writer a laughing stock. IGN as a news outlet is already a laughing stock.

No I don't believe that but if they're a laughing stock as you say, it wouldn't surprise me. I don't know anything about IGN but they've just posted information that the insiders here have been saying for months. Whether or not you trust the information provided by the insiders is personal choice but, if Avatarland is cancelled or delayed, anyone holding out for official word from Disney will more than likely be disappointed.

FrankLapidus

No I wasn't referring to any insiders I'm referring to lazy media in general. News sources shouldn't use web sources in general for stories because you can't confirm facts from original source. I agree something is wrong with avatar and it is probably delayed. I find it more credible to hear from lee and 74 , then I do to hear from a website that's notorious for not fact checking. When lee and 74 tell us something they always admit when they aren't 100 %. What I was originally saying was there was no quotes whatsoever in the original interview with Jon Landau on collider or coming soon about disney or avatarland

Apologies, I misunderstood your previous post. Likewise, I find the insiders you mentioned more credible and they have been saying that Avatarland is in trouble for months. I think the article has put two and two together and come up with five in assuming that if the sequels are delayed then Avatarland will be in a knock-on effect; I don't know anything about this particular media outlet but from what I've read here they seem unreliable. Disney and Cameron have been mostly silent about Avatarland ever since it was announced so it will be interesting to see how this plays out; if it does happen, it seems those who are looking forward to it will have to endure a very long wait.

jensenrick

No one could bother to respond to this because it was more important to discuss the merits of Potter, Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Twilight...am I missing anything?

Is that really the announcement? 1000 more seats? I hope so, I need a good laugh today.

More seats? I knew it

M.rudolf

Apologies, I misunderstood your previous post. Likewise, I find the insiders you mentioned more credible and they have been saying that Avatarland is in trouble for months. I think the article has put two and two together and come up with five in assuming that if the sequels are delayed then Avatarland will be in a knock-on effect. Disney and Cameron have been mostly silent about Avatarland ever since it was announced so it will be interesting to see how this plays out; if it does happen, it seems those who are looking forward to it will have to endure a very long wait.
Playing Devil's advocate for a second, maybe the sequels are delayed due to involvement with the themepark development. I agree it takes Cameron 10 years to make a film that means at least 20/30 to make a land

Cody5294

If avatarland is delayed or cancelled I'm going to be really ed. I was looking forward to its potential and now were getting nothing and have nothing to look forward to. I've been nice to WDW lately but now they've crossed the line... Pathetic

PurpleRose

You can't use Duke Nukem as an example because that was an issue with the game developers, not with the news sources. As a gamer, I've always gone to IGN for trailers, demo videos, screen shots, etc but not so much for news.

M.rudolf

You can't use Duke Nukem as an example because that was an issue with the game developers, not with the news sources. As a gamer, I've always gone to IGN for trailers, demo videos, screen shots, etc but not so much for news.
I do too they are mor like tmz for video games and comic book movies

FrankLapidus

Playing Devil's advocate for a second, maybe the sequels are delayed due to involvement with the themepark development. I agree it takes Cameron 10 years to make a film that means at least 20/30 to make a land

That's plausible. The one doubt I have there is that, as those in favour of Avatarland point out to the doubters, the land relies on the environment and setting of the film, not the story. If that is the case, Disney have plenty they could already be using from the first film and stuff from the sequels could be added in the future. Like you said, it's just a case of Devil's Advocate here and trying to come up with some kind of reasoning amidst the silence from Disney and JC.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
That's plausible. The one doubt I have there is that, as those in favour of Avatarland point out to the doubters, the land relies on the environment and setting of the film, not the story. If that is the case, Disney have plenty they could already be using from the first film and stuff from the sequels could be added in the future. Like you said, it's just a case of Devil's Advocate here and trying to come up with some kind of reasoning amidst the silence from Disney and JC.

I would not hesitate to guess that Cameron would be banking on the park for the success of the next movies. Given the only reason NakedBlueManGroup made the first huge was because the marketing on tech.

Jimmy Thick

Duke Nukem was nothing more than me saying IGN just posts things to get traffic hits.

Jimmy Thick- Outside the box...

FrankLapidus

I would not hesitate to guess that Cameron would be banking on the park for the success of the next movies. Given the only reason NakedBlueManGroup made the first huge was because the marketing on tech.

You're probably right. There's obviously a reason why things are moving so slowly with Avatarland and I wouldn't be surprised if that is some kind of breakdown in the collaboration between Disney and Cameron but maybe there is some method to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom