Disney to increase the number of FastPass+ entitlements per day and include park hopping

TheRabbit

Very interesting and exciting development. If nothing else, it means that they do still listen to their guests.

We'll be there for our honeymoon in May and it would be great if this was live by then!
Just found out tonight that the park hopping feature probably wont be working until Fall.

cw1982

Just found out tonight that the park hopping feature probably wont be working until Fall.

Where did you hear that? There have been other threads on here where people have said it worked for them... maybe as a test or something? It seems like they would want it as close to fully implemented as possible before the summer rush... also, it seems counterproductive to have anyone official on the record as saying it's coming with no time estimates beyond "soon" if they are going to miss the summer rush (and thus a huge chunk of their customers for the year).

bhg469

Where did you hear that? There have been other threads on here where people have said it worked for them... maybe as a test or something? It seems like they would want it as close to fully implemented as possible before the summer rush... also, it seems counterproductive to have anyone official on the record as saying it's coming with no time estimates beyond "soon" if they are going to miss the summer rush (and thus a huge chunk of their customers for the year).
This isn't a feature they're dying to implement. Don't count on them rushing it out if it isn't ready.

cw1982

This isn't a feature they're dying to implement. Don't count on them rushing it out if it isn't ready.

Maybe not, but given how seldom they let any kind of record, particularly where one of their own is quoted, seems to be made public (think of how little time there was between when we knew they would let offsite guests reserve FP+ in advance and when it went live), this just doesn't meet their current pattern of trickling out information. Just an observation.

RSoxNo1

Your.....ego....out of .........control......need.....to......reign.....it....in....before......someone....gets......hurt.....:confused:

Better yet can I send you my sign on and password and you can set up all my FP+ and ADRs? I think you know me better than I know me and my family. ;)
This has nothing to do with ego. Fastpass+ does not work for shows.

RSoxNo1

Bringing this back to information as opposed to debate, does anyone know for certain (one way or another) if Disney is holding back Fastpass+ reservations for day guests?

cw1982

Bringing this back to information as opposed to debate, does anyone know for certain (one way or another) if Disney is holding back Fastpass+ reservations for day guests?

I had heard that they were, but I don't know if that's still true since offsite guests can now book 30 days out as well. I would hope so, since this would make the playing field a little more fair for people who decide to go to WDW that morning as well as make the odds of decent choices being available for that coveted 4th FP+.

BigTxEars

How about "I came up with a better system..."

Any ego in that little jewel you posted?

Nice attempt to dodge, you knew what I was talking about......

Where I or anyone else uses their FP is none of your business or concern. Again your way to tour is not the best, only or correct way for everyone....lose a wee bit of your ego and you might see that :confused:

Scuttle

It's not about deceiving the guest into lesser attractions, it's about getting to do what u and your family want to do, wether there is a standby wait or not! If my kids favorite ride is small world, I would definately make sure I had a FP for it wether it deserves it or not. That's the thinking behind this new system in terms of guests ensuring they get to do what they want.
Let's be honest it most certainly is about deceiving guests. They are simply trying to lock guests into staying on property. Simple as that. We have all talked about the "potter swatter" and this is it. Although it's a laughable response it certainly is their response to keep guests from leaving for Universal.

cw1982

I got curious and did some of my own research... here's what I found. Scroll down to comment # 19 here:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...alt-disney-world-resort-hotel-and-day-guests/

Or, just look at what the comment says right here (directly from the Disney Parks Blog):

"Penny on April 2nd, 2014 at 12:35 pm
So glad to hear that you are working on being able to add additional fast passes once you use your three per day. When do you anticipate this will be available? Will you be able to book the additional, above 3, on a mobile device or will you have to use a kiosk?

1b9637f2d7b7c7e92e74b48af1600518

Tom Staggs on April 7th, 2014 at 11:12 am
Thank you for the comment, Penny. As I mentioned, we’re working on providing guests with the ability to add and enjoy additional entitlements on the day of their visit, and also provide them the ability to make additional FastPass+ selections after park-hopping. We expect both to come online later this spring."

Looks like the closest we have to any definite word on the subject...

ETA: Notice he skirts the issue of kiosks vs using the phone app for extra FP+ choices... hmm...

kelknight84

I agree for the most part except we went to HS over spring break and it was crazy crowded and with DD's 4 and 2 we chose Disney Junior show and they seat FP first so we were front and center then the theater did fill up and they cut people off. I probably wouldn't use it for most shows but it helps when you have little ones.

George

Liker of Things
I completely understood your post, but I still don't agree.

I wonder how many people actually use FP+ for the attractions that you have listed here in the first place... probably not that many IF what you're saying is true and those attractions don't "need" them. You may be right about the motive for providing an option for those, but for families with little kids that may not want to fool with the bigger attractions, some of those may be on their radar more than they would for, say, my husband and me. And some of those attractions arguably could be used for FP+ logically... HM and PoTC both frequently have wait times of more than 30 minutes when I decide to look on my phone at wait times... yes, I'm a dork and I do that because I'm excited about my trip lol. Some of the shows and stuff, sure... but arguably very few rides need a FP+ option EVERY single day. If nothing else, having FP+ options for those attractions may be helping to spread the crowds around, making them more manageable in general.

And nothing would eliminate tiers entirely beyond Disney deciding to eliminate them. Even if they only allowed one advanced FP+ selection per day and one additional one once you enter the parks, they could still set up limits on the combinations of those two passes.

I like the fact that you are looking for ways to address the restrictions on FP+, but I don't think your proposal would solve the issues.

@RSoxNo1 is fundamentally right. None of those attractions need fastpass. Not a single one of the tier 2 attractions at EPCOT needs a fastpass unless waiting 10 minutes is too much. I picked a couple for an upcoming family reunion trip because I had to. My wife was immediately critical until I explained the system. I was actually wondering about cancelling fastpasses and getting another tier 1 fastpass. I set it up so my Soarin' fastpass is first.

RSoxNo1

How about "I came up with a better system..."

Any ego in that little jewel you posted?

Nice attempt to dodge, you knew what I was talking about......

Where I or anyone else uses their FP is none of your business or concern. Again your way to tour is not the best, only or correct way for everyone....lose a wee bit of your ego and you might see that :confused:
Of course my post was full of ego (or at least that line), but it doesn't make it wrong. If Bob Iger says, "I'm the CEO of Disney" that could come off as egotistical, but it's true so who cares.

You are absolutely entitled to use the Fastpass system however you see fit. You can absolutely use it on attractions that are tailored to you or your family even if they don't save you a substantial amount of time. My argument is the last part of that. It doesn't save you a substantial amount of time and I know that there are guests that very well may make the same selections as you, but do so thinking they're saving a lot more time. Disney is banking on that and that's deception.

RSoxNo1

I agree for the most part except we went to HS over spring break and it was crazy crowded and with DD's 4 and 2 we chose Disney Junior show and they seat FP first so we were front and center then the theater did fill up and they cut people off. I probably wouldn't use it for most shows but it helps when you have little ones.
Would you have gotten into the show if you showed up at the same time and entered in the standby line?

devoy1701

I was thinking this too. The whole "we've heard your request and we're working on implementing this" is just a tactic to buy time. I would expect similar statements for the next 6 months or so. I wouldn't be surprised if they even wait until 2015 to do so.

ToTBellHop

Take it for what it is worth, but I asked a Guest Relations CM and was told the additional FP+ and parkhopping feature should be active by Memorial Day. Obviously, this isn't "official," but it's something. I would be very surprised to have Tom Staggs make a comment like he did and then have them wait forever and a day to implement. Implementation of changes has occurred pretty quickly of late.

BigTxEars

Of course my post was full of ego (or at least that line), but it doesn't make it wrong. If Bob Iger says, "I'm the CEO of Disney" that could come off as egotistical, but it's true so who cares.

You are absolutely entitled to use the Fastpass system however you see fit. You can absolutely use it on attractions that are tailored to you or your family even if they don't save you a substantial amount of time. My argument is the last part of that. It doesn't save you a substantial amount of time and I know that there are guests that very well may make the same selections as you, but do so thinking they're saving a lot more time. Disney is banking on that and that's deception.

Except Iger is the CEO, that is a fact, so therefore not egotistical.

Your post is nothing but your opinion, not facts and thus is egotistical.

Clear difference.

I am out of this mess, you beleive what you want to. Your opinion is just that, and yours is based on a whole bunch of conjecture and little else from what you have posted.

Last edited:

doctornick

Yeah, FP+ only works for shows when it is a limited show (like the night time ones or parades) and it offers guaranteed seating/good views even coming relatively close to show time. The FP+ for Wishes and the MSEP make sense so you don't have to stake a spot out early. The orginal setup for Fantasmic! made sense when it was reserved seatings (now, not so much). FP+ for stuff like BatB, Captain Eo, etc. are silly.

The only one I have heard it being useful for is Turtle Talk on busy days -- the theater is small, so it is not uncommon for it to fill up and leave people out on very busy days, so having a FP+ guarantees you to get into the next show. Not a big benefit, but given the alternatives at Epcot, it can be a useful choice for there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom