Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was a teen on Micechat in 2005 and remember people talking about a Tommorowland redo. I will believe it when I see it. Expectations are low.
There is always hope this is the year they pull the trigger, and hope springs eternal.

But with some of the insider clues given it seems like something is going to be announced regarding some TL project. What and how extensive remains to be seen.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
My Micechat years were around 2013-2015 and I remember a lot of talk and rumors about Tomorrowland updates for 60th that never transpired. Lots of "insider clues" then as well. There always is.

"Er ma gerd! They cleaned the rust off the tracks. It's totally coming back!"

I'm with CaptainEO. I'll believe it when I see it.

CaptinEO

My Micechat years were around 2013-2015 and I remember a lot of talk and rumors about Tomorrowland updates for 60th that never transpired. Lots of "insider clues" then as well. There always is.

"Er ma gerd! They cleaned the rust off the tracks. It's totally coming back!"

I'm with CaptainEO. I'll believe it when I see it.
Many times over the years there has been work and maintenance on the track, like you said, and every time people misrepresent this as being the people mover coming back.

Bobby C ain't bringing back the People Mover. Everyone is delusional. It won't sell any toys or Disney+ subs for him.

MoonRakerSCM

Disney judged want for a Tomorrowland redo with the limited merchandise they released a few months back. I did my part and bought a Peoplemover T-shirt... did any of you? Bob was a watchin'...

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It won't sell any toys or Disney+ subs for him.
Speaking of Tomorrowland/Disney+ synergy, if the nail on the coffin wasn’t hit hard enough that there won’t be a Lightyear Mountain, the nail is now past the coffin and out of the graveyard.

Movielover

That site is crazy. I left and never returned after I was chastised for calling the different lands "Lands" and not "Realms" because apparently I wasn't affording the "Realms" the respect they deserved by calling them just "Lands"...

Me pointing out the irony of that since land is literally in the title of half of the "Realms" fell on deaf ears lol.

Disstevefan1

Many times over the years there has been work and maintenance on the track, like you said, and every time people misrepresent this as being the people mover coming back.

Bobby C ain't bringing back the People Mover. Everyone is delusional. It won't sell any toys or Disney+ subs for him.
I would love a toy people mover track and cars to go with my toy monorail track and cars and my toy Disney railroad and my toy Skyliners.

CaptinEO

Speaking of Tomorrowland/Disney+ synergy, if the nail on the coffin wasn’t hit hard enough that there won’t be a Lightyear Mountain, the nail is now past the coffin and out of the graveyard.

See, this is the only thing that was likely, a TOY STORY redo of Space Mountain in a resort that already has 2 Toy Story rides and an upcoming Toy Story hotel.

This is why even IF the people mover was coming back it would not be what people wanted.

Bob Chapek made Chase a Baby Coaster and Mission Breakout. I'd be completely shocked if he wanted to bring back the people mover without a toy sales pitch attached.

If it does happen it will be like Nemo, yes the subs are back, but also now they suck.

Phroobar

We there was this "concept art" of the Incredible's People Mover.

dgfg.png

Stevek

That site is crazy. I left and never returned after I was chastised for calling the different lands "Lands" and not "Realms" because apparently I wasn't affording the "Realms" the respect they deserved by calling them just "Lands"...

Me pointing out the irony of that since land is literally in the title of half of the "Realms" fell on deaf ears lol.
Wait, someone told you to call the various lands (it's in their names), Realms instead? Some (ok many) people in this fanbase need to get out a bit more.

britain

Wait, someone told you to call the various lands (it's in their names), Realms instead? Some (ok many) people in this fanbase need to get out a bit more.

Crazy. I mean, I guess if they’re trying to say NOS and Critter Country AREN’T lands, then you need a different catch all…?

Consumer

That dude was a Cap'n.
Went to look him up and the first search result was a thread from that site about the user. Looks like he got banned from RatChat sometime between 2016 and now. There's several banned users in that thread, one of which being the infamous TROR I often hear mentioned on this site.

Californian Elitist

The problem with MC is that there are way too many Disneyland fans on there. This wouldn’t necessarily be a problem if so many of them didn’t come off as mentally unstable.

I much prefer the small group of us here. It’s small, but there’s still a mix of personalities, and no crazies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom