Disney testing new Express Fresh in-room dining

jakeman

They must still have some of those hurricane box lunches left.
giphy.gif

rob0519

I don't see much use for this myself. Food left on a tray on the floor? on a cart? Now maybe if I can get something to eat after midnight at the CR once the Contempo Café closes I'd use it. I still cant believe the café isn't open 24 hours a day with a least limited offerings.

docdebbi

why has no one thought about the five finger discount yet?
leaving food outside someone's door for God knows how long......maybe there IS such a thing as a "free lunch" !

Last edited:

DznyRktekt

Prediction of the cycle:
1. Express Fresh will be an added lower cost alternative to full in room dining.
2. In room dining will be discontinued due to the "increased offerings and convenience" of Express Fresh.
3. In room dining will be reintroduced as a premium offering with less options available.

peter11435

Prediction of the cycle:
1. Express Fresh will be an added lower cost alternative to full in room dining.
2. In room dining will be discontinued due to the "increased offerings and convenience" of Express Fresh.
3. In room dining will be reintroduced as a premium offering with less options available.
In room dining is already a premium offering.

drizgirl

Things WDW hates doing:
Providing anything to do with service at their hotels. Service involves labor and that means $$$

These things include receiving packages, properly cleaning rooms, staffing a real front desk with humans that pick up the phone in your actual hotel and now delivering room service

I agree. I think that's why we're seeing more projections shows in the parks than parades. Same principle. Anything that doesn't require lots of regular staff.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Maybe someone is heading back to the room, or relaxing in a robe, or just doesn't want to deal with anyone early in the morning.lol
I don't know, I doubt I'd use it, but I can see where it may come in handy. Especially if the QS is inconvenient to get to or typically crowded.

Then don't order room service if you're in a robe or don't want to deal with people in the AM. I've seen room service trays from the AM still sitting in the hallway in the evening. Just what we need - more dirty dishes and half eaten food in resort hallways.....

21stamps

Then don't order room service if you're in a robe or don't want to deal with people in the AM. I've seen room service trays from the AM still sitting in the hallway in the evening. Just what we need - more dirty dishes and half eaten food in resort hallways.....
I do see dishes in the hallway often... definitely agree.. sometimes they're mine..3 hours after we've ordered.lol.
I don't know what this is going to be..I'm thinking it will be all disposable..maybe like @MinnieM123 question..bags hung on the door?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I do see dishes in the hallway often... definitely agree.. sometimes they're mine..3 hours after we've ordered.lol.
I don't know what this is going to be..I'm thinking it will be all disposable..maybe like @MinnieM123 question..bags hung on the door?

How wonderful.... You pay more for the food, they automatically charge a gratuity and delivery fee and then hang your food on the damn door . For some enterprising guest to walk by and help themselves to a free meal.

:rolleyes:

Edit: I forgot that the word for a door handle is also British slang for a certain anatomical part and thus got masked... :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm just wondering if the food is packaged in a bag (with handles) that would hang from the door handle, versus a box that would be placed on the floor outside the door.
Either way, it will be subject to unwanted "guests" climbing, flying or slithering into the container until you take it into your room. Won't that be a big surprise!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Either way, it will be subject to unwanted "guests" climbing, flying or slithering into the container until you take it into your room. Won't that be a big surprise!

I don't think I would utilize the new service if staying in a cabin at Ft. Wilderness. You might end up competing for your food with not just creepy crawlers....

Polydweller

Why is everybody assuming that delivery to the door means on the hall floor or door handle. It doesn't. It means knocking on the door and giving the bag to you. It's delivered in 30 minutes and you will be there. The only things that change are that the food is delivered in disposable containers that you throw out afterwards and they don't set it up for you.

This accomplishes at least two things. Time saving by not having to set up the meal and not having to come back to pick up dishes and secondly reducing trays in the hallway. As a hotelier I can tell you similar models are already in use in the industry and that's how it works so do stop this silliness of the food being left in the hall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom