Disney testing new Express Fresh in-room dining

rob0519

Further the kind of guests Disney wants EXPECTS the services that Disney is discontinuing. Just a huge disconnect from reality. Do you think Bob and his wife are going to stay at a hotel where if they want late nite meal or snack via room service it's not available ....

Bob had better not be staying at the Contemporary and expect to get anything to eat after Midnight.

21stamps

From that comment you have NEVER stayed at a real 5 star hotel where amenities like this do exist along with concierges who can get you tickets to sold out shows or pretty much everything you desire for a price. The kind of hotel where you say I need a car at eight sharp and there is car service provided not a cab.
Sure you can. We're talking 5 star rated hotels here, not 5 stars on yelp. :joyfull:

Where? Regular or club level?
I've never experienced such a thing...but, I'm not a VIP and don't stay in some exclusive club room.. so maybe that's why.lol

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I've never experienced such a thing...but, I'm not a VIP and don't stay in some exclusive club room.. so maybe that's why.lol

Don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean to offend, but you do seem to live the high life. Nothing wrong with that. :)

Membership at various hotels and resorts often has benefits that become available to you once you reach certain status or spend a certain dollar amount. You don't even have to stay at a 5 star hotel to benefit from a lot of perks discussed in the thread.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

When I say Five Star. I'm talking about places like The Plaza, Mandarin Oriental or even The Four Seasons in NYC and Similar places worldwide

Places where the best suite is five figures per night

As for travel VIP status I'm Hilton Diamond

21stamps

When I say Five Star. I'm talking about places like The Plaza, Mandarin Oriental or even The Four Seasons in NYC and Similar places worldwide

Places where the best suite is five figures per night

As for travel VIP status I'm Hilton Diamond
Yeah, I've stayed at plenty of 5 star hotels...never stayed in a 5 figure per night room while at one though...I don't even do 4 figure.... maybe that's why.
I can safely say that I'll never stay in a 5 figure per night room..so I'll probably keep living the tough life of not ordering whatever/whenever or getting tickets to sold out shows.
I'll leave that to the high rollers..they deserve it for spending that much.

Cesar R M

I'm inclined to agree with you, but this type of service is probably very appealing to convention-goers. I'm guessing Disney thinks so too, based on where they're testing this out. Most likely it will arrive faster than traditional room service, and it's wrapped/portable. Counter service is lacking and inconvenient at YC in particular, and I'd bet this service will do well there.
So, this will be sort of.. to steal convention customers that usually order take out from pizza and other delivery style food?

LAM378

So, this will be sort of.. to steal convention customers that usually order take out from pizza and other delivery style food?

I hadn't even thought of that angle, but now that you mention it...

I could be all wrong, but I really think a service like this is appealing to someone who is working, on the go, and doesn't want to deal with a long walk/long waits at the resort QS. Especially someone who often stays at hotels that already offer this type of service.

Heck, I know that once I get back from a park and put my son to bed, the last thing I want to do is take the walk from YC over to the BC Marketplace for a subpar sandwich. Now I can have that subpar sandwich delivered to my door! ;)

TrojanUSC

Room service is actually a loss leader for a lot of hotels, despite the high markup of food. How, I'm not sure, but it is. As I mentioned previously, this has become relatively common for mid-tier hotels, especially those with a lot of convention or business travelers. This kind of thing would make complete sense for Disney's moderate resorts to do. However, Disney is currently struggling with how to lure high-spending luxury travelers to their own resorts, rather than staying at the Four Seasons or the Waldorf. This kind of thing is not the way to do it. Room service is a luxury and, for many people, something they look forward to when splurging on a nice hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom