News Disney Symphony Of Colors Nighttime Show 2024

LondonTom

It’s not unknown for DLP entertainment to not be advertised in advance on the app. The Christmas Parade this year didn’t show up until a few days after it had started!
And there were other things that happened randomly during the day that weren't advertised at all 😂

TheLewisHK, you should be fine keep an eye on DLPReport's (https://twitter.com/DLPReport) social media accounts for more accurate goings on at DLP 😂

TTA94

Original Poster
Hmm, well I don’t hate it but not in love with it either lol. I will say I could definitely see the US parks doing this one day unfortunately as a replacement to the actual parade. Way cheaper im sure as there is no need for performers and easier crowd control with show like HEA. Stick this before or after HEA.

Kevin_W

Hmm, well I don’t hate it but not in love with it either lol. I will say I could definitely see the US parks doing this one day unfortunately as a replacement to the actual parade. Way cheaper im sure as there is no need for performers and easier crowd control with show like HEA. Stick this before or after HEA.

I thought it was pretty great, but it does not replace a parade. Parades don't stop with a little bit of wind and don't require lining up in front of the castle, which are huge plusses. Plus the energy of the parade performers is often the best part of the parades.

Jordan dby

I'm clearly in the minority but not fussed about this gushing over MSE nostalgia.

I preferred the 30th anniversary pre show

The drones / pyro combination has massive potential though

yensidtlaw1969

I'm clearly in the minority but not fussed about this gushing over MSE nostalgia.

I preferred the 30th anniversary pre show

The drones / pyro combination has massive potential though
The MSEP connection seems a little odd to me, just because I wouldn't have guessed nostalgia for it was strong enough in Paris to center a show around. But it seems plenty possible that I'm wrong to think that, considering.

That said, I do think the show is delightful enough on its own that even people who weren't familar with the original could enjoy it. A child who didn't recognize Elliot the Dragon specifically would likely still enjoy a Drone Dragon floating through the sky, for example, and all the elements seem handsomely rendered and the tech solid, reliable, and basically invisible.

And then, of course, as someone who does love MSEP I am also tickled by the references.

jrhwdw

Wow, so incredible. Love the use of pyro off the drones!
I do think it needed more Drone Pyro, especially at the End. Other than that, Very Nice DLP!!! DL's MSEP 50th Finale is in this Show as well!

Do we think DLP will run this with just Castle Projections if it's too Windy? The Castle Projections are very good as well

jrhwdw

The MSEP connection seems a little odd to me, just because I wouldn't have guessed nostalgia for it was strong enough in Paris to center a show around. But it seems plenty possible that I'm wrong to think that, considering.

That said, I do think the show is delightful enough on its own that even people who weren't familar with the original could enjoy it. A child who didn't recognize Elliot the Dragon specifically would likely still enjoy a Drone Dragon floating through the sky, for example, and all the elements seem handsomely rendered and the tech solid, reliable, and basically invisible.

And then, of course, as someone who does love MSEP I am also tickled by the references.
MSEP did last 11 Years in DLP.
Which one DLP Guests prefer: MSEP or Fanti, IDK.

cjkeating

Very. Very impressed.

Have to assume drones will play an integrated role in a future Dreams replacement? If not it is literally confirmed they will be part of the WDSP lake show due to the infrastructure that is being built for it.

Either way drones are really elevating the DLP nighttime offering to something unparalleled worldwide for a daily occurrence.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Here are Don Dorsey's (MSEP designer) thoughts on DESP:
Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 3.56.13 PM.png

(The video that was posted on his public fan group was shot near the castle, which probably explains his second comment.)

LondonTom

Incredible!! Those smoke and pyro effects on the drones just elevate them to a whole new level but they are also moving a lot smoother/faster too!!

I think MSEP seemed like a very natural way to go with the drones considering they are lights in the sky and if we can't get a nighttime parade this is the next best way to get something similar. (Would be cool if we get to the point where they can all move along Main Street!)

Here are Don Dorsey's (MSEP designer) thoughts on DESP:
View attachment 762234
(The video that was posted on his public fan group was shot near the castle, which probably explains his second comment.)
Can see what he means from the video, but surely its a good thing to help spread the crowds if it looks better further back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom