Disney studios brainstoming open referbishment

comics101

(P.S., for Mickey, why not make the desk with wooden panels on all sides, and the actual desk would jut out just a little bit so that the animator could place his legs there. When he "jumps off the page", he could rise up from the secret compartment in the desk! All you need is some smoke and a strobe light or two!)

That's a really good idea! That works a TON better than the other way.

Also, I've decided to make a couple of changes to some of the ideas I had.

GMR would not only be upgraded to include Planet of the Apes but also the stair scene Gone with the Wind, which will replace the Tarzan movies.

VotLM would be spared because of the fact that, after thinking about it, there's no attractions in DHS with the target audience of little girls, with the exception of B&tB and HSM.

New York Backlot won't have a '20's theme, but instead include famous landmarks from movies, such as "Cole's" from the 1994 remake of Miracle on 34th Street. Another landmark could be the restraunt that's always seen in Seinfeld.

Also included in the NYB would be a park located right in front of LMA. It would include a memorial dedicated to the 9/11 victems, their families, and our troops.

Rather than doing the '20's overlay at LMA, I've decided it'd probably be best to keep the "Spy" theme. If possible, I'd change the show from a generic, modern-day spy movie, to a Bond movie that takes place in the '60's. If the Bond rights are not attainable, then I'd make it a show about a generic-Bond.

mharrington

GMR would not only be upgraded to include Planet of the Apes but also the stair scene Gone with the Wind, which will replace the Tarzan movies.

VotLM would be spared because of the fact that, after thinking about it, there's no attractions in DHS with the target audience of little girls, with the exception of B&tB and HSM.

What about my ideas for GMR? I thought Tarzan would be replaced by An Affair To Remember.

And you think that BATB and HSM aren't targeted for girls?

comics101

What about my ideas for GMR? I thought Tarzan would be replaced by An Affair To Remember.

And you think that BATB and HSM aren't targeted for girls?

I didn't know I was supposed to include that in my version of the park, I thought it went in yours. I'm sorry. This is kinda-sorta my first imagineering thread, and I guess I didn't realize how it goes. I thought we all communicate ideas for OUR versions of the park, not use eachothers collectively . I really didn't mean to offend you or anyone else if I sounded like I threw ideas under the bus, because I didn't.

MH, I think your ideas a phenomonal, and I didn't realize they were for me to use. I'm sorry about that.

As for B&TB and HSM, I meant to say that they were for girls. Maybe I mispoke. As of right now, the way I see it as DHS is now is that young boys have...
  • Tower of Terror
  • RNR
  • Indy
  • Star Tours
  • LMA
The young girls have...
  • VotLM
  • B&tB
  • HSM
For Both
  • GMR
  • American Idol
  • MV3D
  • The Backlot Tour
  • The Animation Tour
and for the little ones...
  • Playhouse Disney
I suppose it's a little more even than I thought, but taking away VotLM would make it more uneven. Now I'm not trying to say that girls can't enjoy things I included in the boys section and vice-versa. This is just what I've seen with a brother who's 8 and a sister who's 5. I know my brother loves MGM, but my sister really can't stand it.

comics101

Hey Guys!

I just drew what the Indiana Jones Backlot would look like on a map. It stretches from The Backlot Express to just before the 50's Diner.

Here it is...
picture.php

And Here's a close up.
picture.php

*maps not to scale*

The buildings in this brand new land include (from left to right)...

The Backlot Express
Nothing new, just "relocated" to a new land.

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Ride (possible new name?)
A brand new adventure based on the hit film. This ride would basically be Revenge of the Mummy but themed to "Raiders".

Indiana Jones Backlot Sets
Performers will "film" the village scene in the current Indy Stunt Show. You can also take pictures with the props while the show isn't going on.

Indy Adventure Merchandise
It's the little shop that's currently located near the stunt show.

One thing I decided to take out was Club Obi Wan, mainly because it didn't fit in with the themeing of the area, but also because of a lack of space.

So, what do you guys think?

Disneyson 1

Oh.. my... gosh... I cannot believe... that someone else... created... a... Fantasia... WATER COASTER!!!!!! How weird is that? It's definitely different than mine, though.

Philharmagicman

Give Muppet*Vision 3D the HD treatment (same movie, restored in high definition, and with more effects -- WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SMELL THE BURNING RUBBER THIS TIME AND WE SHOULD ALSO BE ABLE TO FEEL WALDO BOUNCING ON OUR HEADS!), replace Pizza Planet and the areas surrounding M*V3D with the Muppet Land we have been wanting for so long.

How's that?

comics101

First off, I want to apologize for taking so long to talk about what this is. If any of you have looked at the link, you've probably noticed it's a modified "Streets of America", called the New York Street Backlot.

Any other post in this forum about the New York Street Backlot no longer stands. From now on there's no Chicago Street and San Fransisco Street. It's all been converted to New York.

The first area you encounter is "Muppet Plaza". Here, you'll find an up-to-date version of Muppet Vision 3-D (digitalized film, updated AA's, etc), and an all new attraction The Muppet's Tour New York. Kermit and friends are branching out from the entertainment industry to try and make it in the touring industry, and you're their first bus-load of guests! Located where Pizza Plannet is, this ride is kind of like Super-Star Limo (only much better and with no tatoos) featuring the Muppets. I'm also looking to expand in this area to open a Muppet-themed restraunt, but I'm not seeing it right now. Maybe It could go where that Christmas "store" is...:shrug:

Continuing to the left, past Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano is the latest expansion to the park, TMNT. Get ready to kick some serious bad guy butt as you race across the rooftops of NYC with everyone's favorite Teenage Turtles. "It's time to give the foot a taste of some serious Turtle!"
Combining pieces of (what I've read about) D*ck Tracy's Crimestoppers, MIB, and Spiderman, this attraction will use the latest Special FX, AA's, and 3D footage. I'm not sure how I feel about the "Ninja Turtle" theme. I remember loving this show as a kid, and it seems the franchise has had a revival. I would also assume the rights wouldn't be too difficult to get (though I'm not sure). Trying to come up with other characters for a Spiderman-like ride was difficult though, because Disney isn't really in the "superhero business". Sure there's the "Incredibles", but I don't know if that would fit into a NYC setting... Do you guys have any better ideas?

Continuing up to LMA, you notice the Backlot Tour is nowhere to be seen. Where it used to circle around is now a "park" dedicated to the men and women that lost their lives during the 9/11 attacks. I'm not sure what the memorial would look like. I do know I think it would be cool to include the names of everyone who lost their life on the monument (kind of like the Vietnam Memorial).

As you make you pass the memorial and head over to watch LMA, you see that it's been changed from a generic Spy Stunt Show to the 007 Stunt Show(new name ideas are greatly appreaciated...) The show will also take the role of a general stunt show now that the Indy Stunt Spectacular hs been replaced.

Finally, walking down NY Street, you notice that the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground is now A Bugs Life playground, and its days are probably numbered (I'm currently working on a replacement, probably something to do with "Enchanted"). You also spot several iconic buildings of Film's Past (Seinfeld Restarunt and stuff like that).

So, here's a recap...

Attractions
MV3D
Muppets Tour NY
TMNT
007 Stunt Show
Bug's Life Playground

Restraunts
Mama Melrose
Studio Catering Co.
Possible Muppet Restraunt

Shoping
MV3D store (Now including only Muppet Merchandise, including the "What-Not Workshop", and "props" from Muppet Movies and shows...)
I Love NY Stand
...More to come?

What do you guys think, Good, Bad, or Ugly???

FYI, ignore the BLot Tour building in the top right corner of the map. I was going to include that as a "memorial" for the fans, but now I'm not so sure...

Disneyson 1

Everything's good... TMNT is a little "ehh..." What about some sort of Power Rangers theme, Disney's got those rights. Or, in a completely different direction, what about an Oliver and Company theme? I guess the idea of guns would have to be adapted to, like, flashlights or something, but it could work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom