Disney studios brainstoming open referbishment

Philharmagicman

First off, I want to apologize for taking so long to talk about what this is. If any of you have looked at the link, you've probably noticed it's a modified "Streets of America", called the New York Street Backlot.

Any other post in this forum about the New York Street Backlot no longer stands. From now on there's no Chicago Street and San Fransisco Street. It's all been converted to New York.

The first area you encounter is "Muppet Plaza". Here, you'll find an up-to-date version of Muppet Vision 3-D (digitalized film, updated AA's, etc), and an all new attraction The Muppet's Tour New York. Kermit and friends are branching out from the entertainment industry to try and make it in the touring industry, and you're their first bus-load of guests! Located where Pizza Plannet is, this ride is kind of like Super-Star Limo (only much better and with no tatoos) featuring the Muppets. I'm also looking to expand in this area to open a Muppet-themed restraunt, but I'm not seeing it right now. Maybe It could go where that Christmas "store" is...:shrug:

Continuing to the left, past Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano is the latest expansion to the park, TMNT. Get ready to kick some serious bad guy butt as you race across the rooftops of NYC with everyone's favorite Teenage Turtles. "It's time to give the foot a taste of some serious Turtle!"
Combining pieces of (what I've read about) D*ck Tracy's Crimestoppers, MIB, and Spiderman, this attraction will use the latest Special FX, AA's, and 3D footage. I'm not sure how I feel about the "Ninja Turtle" theme. I remember loving this show as a kid, and it seems the franchise has had a revival. I would also assume the rights wouldn't be too difficult to get (though I'm not sure). Trying to come up with other characters for a Spiderman-like ride was difficult though, because Disney isn't really in the "superhero business". Sure there's the "Incredibles", but I don't know if that would fit into a NYC setting... Do you guys have any better ideas?

Continuing up to LMA, you notice the Backlot Tour is nowhere to be seen. Where it used to circle around is now a "park" dedicated to the men and women that lost their lives during the 9/11 attacks. I'm not sure what the memorial would look like. I do know I think it would be cool to include the names of everyone who lost their life on the monument (kind of like the Vietnam Memorial).

As you make you pass the memorial and head over to watch LMA, you see that it's been changed from a generic Spy Stunt Show to the 007 Stunt Show(new name ideas are greatly appreaciated...) The show will also take the role of a general stunt show now that the Indy Stunt Spectacular hs been replaced.

Finally, walking down NY Street, you notice that the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground is now A Bugs Life playground, and its days are probably numbered (I'm currently working on a replacement, probably something to do with "Enchanted"). You also spot several iconic buildings of Film's Past (Seinfeld Restarunt and stuff like that).

So, here's a recap...

Attractions
MV3D
Muppets Tour NY
TMNT
007 Stunt Show
Bug's Life Playground

Restraunts
Mama Melrose
Studio Catering Co.
Possible Muppet Restraunt

Shoping
MV3D store (Now including only Muppet Merchandise, including the "What-Not Workshop", and "props" from Muppet Movies and shows...)
I Love NY Stand
...More to come?

What do you guys think, Good, Bad, or Ugly???

FYI, ignore the BLot Tour building in the top right corner of the map. I was going to include that as a "memorial" for the fans, but now I'm not so sure...

Good, good, and GOOD. I would love for that to happen.

If you're not so sure about the memorial, my advice would be to not do it, as it would be too solemn for an otherwise bright and up-tempo place. And I would love to go to the Muppets NY dark ride. I would go again and again and again. Now all we need is a storyline, a design, and some good music. I'm down for it.

And of course, the Muppet restaurant, without a doubt, should be The Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor. I would love for that to happen, with every few seconds we would have a couple of liberal blasts of smoke and chicken feathers coming from the automagic doors when there's "trouble in the kitchen" as we see on the screens that show the clips of classic Muppet show moments. That would be awesome.

Check out this link for more information: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Gonzo's_Pandemonium_Pizza_Parlor

comics101

Good, good, and GOOD. I would love for that to happen.

If you're not so sure about the memorial, my advice would be to not do it, as it would be too solemn for an otherwise bright and up-tempo place. And I would love to go to the Muppets NY dark ride. I would go again and again and again. Now all we need is a storyline, a design, and some good music. I'm down for it.

And of course, the Muppet restaurant, without a doubt, should be The Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor. I would love for that to happen, with every few seconds we would have a couple of liberal blasts of smoke and chicken feathers coming from the automagic doors when there's "trouble in the kitchen" as we see on the screens that show the clips of classic Muppet show moments. That would be awesome.

Check out this link for more information: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Gonzo's_Pandemonium_Pizza_Parlor

Thanks for the feedback. You're the second person who voiced concern over the memorial being out of place. Maybe it should be located in the American Adventure pavillion at Epcot.

As for the Muppet restraunt, it would definetly be the Pizza Parlor. I could kick Disney for not building this one...

One other thing, I think rather than go with the Turtles, I wanna go with a Batman (1989) theme. I know, It's not Disney, but (being the big geek I am) I've been devoloping a Batman ride forever now. Realistically, it could probably never happen, but since this is my imagination...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom