Disney studios brainstoming open referbishment

JKMAGIC

Second that. You need to vary off from the touring and exposing the Disney Magic to the general public. A tour is a tour and people won't ride many tours unless there intriguing. :dazzle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:sohappy::fork::brick::dazzle::goodnevil:veryconfu:snore::hurl:

mharrington

Another thing I wanted to redo in some way was Star Tours.

With all the rumors floating around about Star Tours 2.0 and the Endor trip being replaced by other planets, I've been thinking of how to do this win-win style. I like the idea of keeping things fresh here, but I was thinking that with six simulators here, why not have six different trips at once, one trip per simulator, with a trip to a different planet on each one? This way, the situation is win-win. The beauty of this update is that whenever you are about to go to a simulator, you may have a different one, meaning that you never know which simulator you're going to ride (unless you've been on them all thousands of times).

KP25701

Original Poster
Rocking Roller Coaster: Get rid of Aerosmith and change the theme to movies, the songd that you would listen too would be famous movie scores

Pixar Land
Move Laugh Floor to this section
Move One mans dream to MK and get rid of Narnia replace them with a Walle dark ride and a recredibles attraction similar to the Spiderman ride in Universal.
Monsters Inc Roller Coaster
Retheme Honey I shrunk the kids to Toy Story themed playground!!!!!

Remove Backlot Tour and replace with Indiana Jones roller coaster themed after the mine car scene in Temple of Doom!!!!!!!!

Star Tours just put in a new Film

Indy Stunt Show replace it with a National Treasure themed show

Sounds Dangerous gut this attraction and change to a walk through movie set tour.

Good job exept for terning Honey I shrunk the kids to Toy Story.I think it would be better if it was a Bugs Life play area.

comics101

Here's what I would do to solve the "DHS Crisis".

IMHO, the park needs the "Studio" identity. Without it it pretty much becomes a "MK-Lite". If I were to change the studios I'd reinforce the Studio theme, going as far as to pretend it's still a working studio. All around the park there'd be cameras sitting around waiting for productions to start, random movie props, etc

Hollywood Blvd

"Mr. Iger, Tear Down That Hat!!!" It's just out of place and waaay too generic. It doesn't belong in a park about movies. Maybe a park about animation, but not movies. I don't know where, but I think I'd move the Earful Tower closer to the front of the park, similar to WDS. Maybe outside the entrance, and it will become the icon of the park.

The Great Movie Ride needs an update. Personally, I think Alien is the only scene that needs to go. I'd replace that scene with a scene from Planet of the Apes (the Charlton Heston version).

Sunset Blvd

I think it's hard to argue that this is the strongest section of the park. The only thing I'd change is Aerosmith appearing in R'n'R. I'd make the music you hear in the ride a generic Oldies theme, playing Elvis, The Beetles, etc. I'd also enclose the B&tB theatre and make the show much more like the broadway production.

Echo Lake

This area doesn't need many changes. I think Idol gives this part of the park something new that will be a crowd pleaser for the next couple of years, kind of like the way Millionaire was. As for Sounds Dangerous, I like the KP idea someone had. I always thought you could make an attraction about movie music in that location though.

The Indy Stunt show needs to either be redone, or torn down. I think I'd have it taken down (although I do hate to see it go) and replaced with a rollercoaster. I'd also expand the park in this area into the parking lot (I believe it's currently cast parking, but I'm not sure) , making a smaller version of the "Indy Backlot" that was planed for DMGM Europe. Included in this section would be Club Obi Wan, a new sit-down restrant where that small Indy store is currently located. That store would be moved somewhere else in the "land".

The Backlot

The Streets of America has been renamed to the Backlot, and extends to include Star Tours.

I've actually had the idea of making several different films for Star Tours for awhile now. The only difference between my idea and I believe MHarringtons's is that rather than six different destiations, mine would include three (two vehicles for every show).

New York Street is going to be all about 1920's New York. San Fran will stay the same, for now. Chicago will go where Al's Toy Barn is. There'd be a Chicago Style Pizza restraunt located here.

Muppet Vission is perfect in it's current state, and I'm a little weary of having Disney redo the film and make it like the Muppet's Wizard of Oz, so it stays the way it is. Across the street from MV3D is...

The Muppets Tour New York, a dark ride similar to Superstar Limo, but featuring the Muppets. Kermit and the gang are getting ready for the grand opening of their all new "Muppet Tours", and you're gonna be their test audience. This is a whacky adventure through the streets of New York, Muppet Style.

LMA is going to become more of a gangster stunt show to tie in with the new 1920's theme of the New York Street Set. Rather than take place in Europe, it'll take place in a 1920's American City (New York meets Chicago)

That's all for now, I have to get going. I'll write about the changes I'd make to Pixar Place and the Animation Ctyd later today/some time tomorrow.

JEANYLASER

Back to my ideas

Muppet Studios
-Upgrade Muppetvision to digital projection.
-Rip out Pizza Planet, and build my Muppet Ride. More on this later.
-Build Swedish Chef's. A table service restaurant. More on this at a later point.

Pixar Place
-Build M:I coaster
-Retheme/overhaul HISTK into A Bug's Land. More on this at another point
-Build an Incredibles Mini-land with E-ticket where Back lot tour is

Fantasmic
-I'm in the process of dreaming up a new Fantasmic show.

I love those idea! Including the new Fantasmic show! I hope to read the new script for the new fantasmic show!

comics101

Okie Dokie. Here's the rest...

Pixar Place

I have to tell you, I'm not a big fan of the idea of a "Pixar Place", but since it's there...

Rather than build the rumored M:I coaster, I'm gonna go for something different. I can't wait to see Up! It looks like a terrific film, and I think you could get a GREAT ride out of it, so located in Pixar's "Blue Sky Dept." right next to TSM I'd put a hanging coaster/dark ride about Up. You're vehicle would be a house with a bunch of ballons on it, and you'd go on adventures with Carl, Russell, and Dug (The Dog).

As of right now, that's all I'm going to do with Pixar Place. I am working on areas where the Backlot Tour is though, so maybe in the future I'll come up with something...

Production Central

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! By Royal Proclomation, The Animation Ctyd will be known as Production Central from this day foward!

Why? 1) Because that's where the Studio Gate leads you to
2) To replace Narnia, there's a new show that pays tribute to I Love Lucy (it still needs an official name). Does anybody remember the Lucy impersonator from that abc show, "The Next Best Thing"? If I had control of WDW, she'd be given a job at DHS. The "Sitcom" show is all about how Television shows are filmed. You're the "Studio Audience", watching a taping of I Love Lucy (or a generic sitcom featuring characters that resemble those from I Love Lucy). To make sure that the show doesn't seem to repititious(sp?) for returning guests, there's different scripts the show uses that rotate throughout the day.

Also new in Production Central is Animagique, replacing Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I've never acctually seen the show in WDS, but I love the concept. One thing that I know is different than the show in WDS is that Donald will be a puppet rather than a walkaround character. The films included in this show will be The Little Mermaid where Donald participates in the Under The Sea section of the film, Aladdin where Donald comes across the Magic Lamp, and Tarzan, where Donald takes part in "Trashin' the Camp".

And last but not least, taking over Playhouse Disney is Studio DC, similar to the TV show. It'll be almost exactly like Disaster in Universal, without the Earthquake. CM's will interact with videos of your favorite DC stars making it seem like they're really there. Then, you'll be invited to take part in some of your favorite DC shows using green screen technology.

That's all I've got for now. Maybe later if you guys want I'll try this again. Hopefully this was a pretty good first-time Imagineer post.

mharrington

The Great Movie Ride needs an update. Personally, I think Alien is the only scene that needs to go. I'd replace that scene with a scene from Planet of the Apes (the Charlton Heston version).

I do agree that The Great Movie Rides needs to be altered very badly. I don't know if I would replace Alien with Planet of the Apes, though. But here's how I would overhaul it.

First and foremost, the cars will now be replaced by different cars whose seats are able to turn 180 degrees around and face backwards (more on that later).

Now, nothing in the ride itself will be changed until after you reach Raiders of the Lost Ark after the substitute driver (which you get either as a gangster from The Public Enemy or a Western outlaw from The Searchers) attempts to grab the jewel only to disappear in a cloud of smoke and you get your original driver back. After that, you go onto a scene about love stories. Here, the Tarzan scene is gone. In its place is An Affair To Remember, where you see Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr on the ocean liner, promising to meet each other on the Empire State Building. After that, you go through the Casablanca scene where the love story theme holds out. After this, the Fantasia scene will be gone (since it will now be the theme of an E-ticket attraction of its own elsewhere in the park and mentioned earlier in the thread), and will be replaced by another Disney movie, which also has a love theme (and does not yet have a real appearance in a Disney attraction): Bambi. This scene here shows Bambi, Thumper and Flower all as adults being "twitterpated" in the springtime of the forest. They fall in love with their respective females (in Bambi's case, it's with Faline).

Then, after the following scene, which is of The Wizard of Oz like usual, instead of the normal film finale room, that room is now used as a scene devoted to action movies represented by two scenes. One of them is the James Bond movie, Goldfinger, which is by the most famous scene in the movie: Goldfinger's banter with the obstinate Bond, who is tied down in the path of a laser beam (BOND: "Do you expect me to talk?" GOLDFINGER: "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."). All the while, the music of the movie's unforgettable theme song ("Goldfinger... He's the man... The man with the Midas touch...") is performed. And the other movie seen here is one that today's generation may be familiar with: the Lord of the Rings movie, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. The movie scene represented here is that of the Bridge of Kazad Dum, complete with an Audio-Animatronic of Gandalf saying, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" I specifically selected Lord of the Rings since it's something recent that younger audiences may be familiar with. What's more, I think to put the film here in this part of the ride makes sense both climatically and chronologically, since it came out in 2001.

Then you reenter the loading area, but all the lights are out, and it looks similar to the end of the current Journey Into Imagination ride, with all the fiber optic lights on the walls, so you can't tell it's the unloading area. A big screen is on the wall, directly to the right of the car. The seats then rotate 180 degrees to the right to face the screen and the big film finale is shown as usual, albeit significantly altered a bit, and then at the end, a speaker shouts, "And... CUT!" and the lights return and you exit your car. These ideas would definitely give this ride some of the TLC it deserves while still leaving most of the old movies intact, and keeping them from doing any major building changes.

So, before I forget, based on these changes, the movie selections in The Great Movie Ride (disregarding the pre-show trailer theater (which will also be updated to include trailers from some of the aforementioned newly-added movies) or the closing film finale) should now be as follows (the numbers in parentheses are the years they were released):

• Footlight Parade (1933)
  • Singin' In the Rain (1952)
  • Mary Poppins (1964)
  • The Public Enemy (1931)
  • The Searchers (1956)
  • Alien (1979)
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
  • An Affair To Remember (1957)
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Bambi (1942)
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  • Goldfinger (1964)
  • Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

What do you think?

brent2124

I do agree that The Great Movie Rides needs to be altered very badly. I don't know if I would replace Alien with Planet of the Apes, though. But here's how I would overhaul it.

First and foremost, the cars will now be replaced by different cars whose seats are able to turn 180 degrees around and face backwards (more on that later).

Now, nothing in the ride itself will be changed until after you reach Raiders of the Lost Ark after the substitute driver (which you get either as a gangster from The Public Enemy or a Western outlaw from The Searchers) attempts to grab the jewel only to disappear in a cloud of smoke and you get your original driver back. After that, you go onto a scene about love stories. Here, the Tarzan scene is gone. In its place is An Affair To Remember, where you see Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr on the ocean liner, promising to meet each other on the Empire State Building. After that, you go through the Casablanca scene where the love story theme holds out. After this, the Fantasia scene will be gone (since it will now be the theme of an E-ticket attraction of its own elsewhere in the park and mentioned earlier in the thread), and will be replaced by another Disney movie, which also has a love theme (and does not yet have a real appearance in a Disney attraction): Bambi. This scene here shows Bambi, Thumper and Flower all as adults being "twitterpated" in the springtime of the forest. They fall in love with their respective females (in Bambi's case, it's with Faline).

Then, after the following scene, which is of The Wizard of Oz like usual, instead of the normal film finale room, that room is now used as a scene devoted to action movies represented by two scenes. One of them is the James Bond movie, Goldfinger, which is by the most famous scene in the movie: Goldfinger's banter with the obstinate Bond, who is tied down in the path of a laser beam (BOND: "Do you expect me to talk?" GOLDFINGER: "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."). All the while, the music of the movie's unforgettable theme song ("Goldfinger... He's the man... The man with the Midas touch...") is performed. And the other movie seen here is one that today's generation may be familiar with: the Lord of the Rings movie, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. The movie scene represented here is that of the Bridge of Kazad Dum, complete with an Audio-Animatronic of Gandalf saying, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" I specifically selected Lord of the Rings since it's something recent that younger audiences may be familiar with. What's more, I think to put the film here in this part of the ride makes sense both climatically and chronologically, since it came out in 2001.

Then you reenter the loading area, but all the lights are out, and it looks similar to the end of the current Journey Into Imagination ride, with all the fiber optic lights on the walls, so you can't tell it's the unloading area. A big screen is on the wall, directly to the right of the car. The seats then rotate 180 degrees to the right to face the screen and the big film finale is shown as usual, albeit significantly altered a bit, and then at the end, a speaker shouts, "And... CUT!" and the lights return and you exit your car. These ideas would definitely give this ride some of the TLC it deserves while still leaving most of the old movies intact, and keeping them from doing any major building changes.

So, before I forget, based on these changes, the movie selections in The Great Movie Ride (disregarding the pre-show trailer theater (which will also be updated to include trailers from some of the aforementioned newly-added movies) or the closing film finale) should now be as follows (the numbers in parentheses are the years they were released):

• Mary Poppins (1964)
  • The Searchers (1956)
  • Alien (1979)
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Bambi (1942)
  • Goldfinger (1964)
What do you think?
The problem with your new scenes at the GMR is that all the old ones are still there and your adding more. That cant happen theres no space at the end to add them.

mharrington

The problem with your new scenes at the GMR is that all the old ones are still there and your adding more. That cant happen theres no space at the end to add them.

I don't think you read it carefully; the scenes related to Tarzan and Fantasia are gone and so is the location of the old finale screen (this is where you will find Goldfinger and LOTR). The new finale screen will be in the loading area, though it won't look like that until the lights come back on. And if push comes to shove, we could always lengthen the track somewhat to accommodate everything.

brent2124

I don't think you read it carefully; the scenes related to Tarzan and Fantasia are gone and so is the location of the old finale screen (this is where you will find Goldfinger and LOTR). The new finale screen will be in the loading area, though it won't look like that until the lights come back on. And if push comes to shove, we could always lengthen the track somewhat to accommodate everything.
I didnt notice removing Tarzan and Fantasia but Fantasia isnt very long and is a Disney classic and most probably will not like removing it. The ending would be given away to people waiting to load in this new GMR. I do agree it needs some updating though.

comics101

:

• Mary Poppins (1964)
  • The Searchers (1956)
  • Alien (1979)
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Bambi (1942)
  • Goldfinger (1964)
What do you think?

I think you have some fantastic ideas. My one beef is with LotR. I absolutly can't stand that movie (though, I suppose that doesn't mean it should be ruled out of GMR:lol:).

There was a couple of reasons I removed Alien from the attraction. The first is because I was going to try and fit Alien Encouter in the the park and base it off the Alien movie. I just can't find the right place, so I didn't even mention it above.

The second reason I wanted that scene removed was because whenever I'm on the ride and the vehicle passes that scene all the younger kids cry and scream.

Overall though, I think your idea is fantastic! Great job.

mharrington

I think you have some fantastic ideas. My one beef is with LotR. I absolutly can't stand that movie (though, I suppose that doesn't mean it should be ruled out of GMR:lol:).

There was a couple of reasons I removed Alien from the attraction. The first is because I was going to try and fit Alien Encouter in the the park and base it off the Alien movie. I just can't find the right place, so I didn't even mention it above.

The second reason I wanted that scene removed was because whenever I'm on the ride and the vehicle passes that scene all the younger kids cry and scream.

Overall though, I think your idea is fantastic! Great job.

Well, I suppose replacing that scene would be logical, then.

I didnt notice removing Tarzan and Fantasia but Fantasia isnt very long and is a Disney classic and most probably will not like removing it. The ending would be given away to people waiting to load in this new GMR. I do agree it needs some updating though.

Well, the reason I removed Fantasia was not so much that it wasn't too long as for the same reason Comics101 wants to replace Alien: namely, that it will be the theme of a brand-new E-ticket ride elsewhere in the park, which will be a brand-new water thrill ride which would likely give MK's Splash Mountain a run for its money.

As for the ride's ending, well, we'll just have to figure out some way to cover it up, won't we?

Prof. Aronnax

Backlot Tour: Dumb. Pearl Harbor was not what I would consider something to hold up as indicitive of movie magic. If Disney doesn't want to spend much money, overlay the existing Pearl Harbor water effects stage with POTC. And maybe just maybe, they should actually shoot something on the "Back Lot Tour", alowing vehicles to progress through only if and when breaks are taken. "Uh, you do plan to have dinosaurs on your dinsosaur tour? Uh, hello?" At least when they drove by the Golden Girl's house, you used to feel like you were seeing something.

Sounds Dangerous: Even more dumb. Sound effects definately have a place in a theme park about movies. But not only is Drew Carey so . . . Drew Carey, sound effects and sound mixing have come such along way since this ill-concieved attraction was installed. Make me ooh, make me ahh, show the Death Star being blown up with different sound effects like a rotten cantaloupe smashing into a brick wall or what it actually might sound like (nothing since sound waves cannot propagate in a vacuum), but whatever you do don't suspend me in blackness and make me listen to some irrelevant actor bumble around in the dark. I don't have to imagine what he is doing, I know what he is doing, he's being Drew Carey.

Sorry for my little rant, but we have to watch attractions we love like Horizons, World of Motion and 20K go by the way side. "If I Had Wings", anybody? And these outdated snorefests find some way to hang on. Hey, maybe Captain Eo is still set up somewhere on property?

comics101

Backlot Tour: Dumb. Pearl Harbor was not what I would consider something to hold up as indicitive of movie magic. If Disney doesn't want to spend much money, overlay the existing Pearl Harbor water effects stage with POTC. And maybe just maybe, they should actually shoot something on the "Back Lot Tour", alowing vehicles to progress through only if and when breaks are taken. "Uh, you do plan to have dinosaurs on your dinsosaur tour? Uh, hello?" At least when they drove by the Golden Girl's house, you used to feel like you were seeing something.

You could take the Backlot Tour out altogether. I know it's kind of sentimental, but it's getting obsolete. I suppose the way they do it in Paris works, but I don't think it's the same without filming taking place at the Studios. I thought about adding more scenes to it, but then it becomes like GMR...

jtizzle1023

I came up with an idea for a ride that was a dark ride that was based on Aladdin. I thought that such a great movie should be turned into a ride. It would feature all the great movie scenes and would work like PP and have the feel of flying on a Carpet. I drew some Ideas but cant seem to upload them.....

Join my FDI Social Group! (Future Disney Imagineers)
And post drawings, ideas and other things on there!:sohappy:

KP25701

Original Poster
Here's what I would do to solve the "DHS Crisis".

IMHO, the park needs the "Studio" identity. Without it it pretty much becomes a "MK-Lite". If I were to change the studios I'd reinforce the Studio theme, going as far as to pretend it's still a working studio. All around the park there'd be cameras sitting around waiting for productions to start, random movie props, etc

Hollywood Blvd

"Mr. Iger, Tear Down That Hat!!!" It's just out of place and waaay too generic. It doesn't belong in a park about movies. Maybe a park about animation, but not movies. I don't know where, but I think I'd move the Earful Tower closer to the front of the park, similar to WDS. Maybe outside the entrance, and it will become the icon of the park.

Sunset Blvd

I think it's hard to argue that this is the strongest section of the park. The only thing I'd change is Aerosmith appearing in R'n'R. I'd make the music you hear in the ride a generic Oldies theme, playing Elvis, The Beetles, etc. I'd also enclose the B&tB theatre and make the show much more like the broadway production.

Echo Lake

This area doesn't need many changes. I think Idol gives this part of the park something new that will be a crowd pleaser for the next couple of years, kind of like the way Millionaire was. As for Sounds Dangerous, I like the KP idea someone had. I always thought you could make an attraction about movie music in that location though.

The Indy Stunt show needs to either be redone, or torn down. I think I'd have it taken down (although I do hate to see it go) and replaced with a rollercoaster. I'd also expand the park in this area into the parking lot (I believe it's currently cast parking, but I'm not sure) , making a smaller version of the "Indy Backlot" that was planed for DMGM Europe. Included in this section would be Club Obi Wan, a new sit-down restrant where that small Indy store is currently located. That store would be moved somewhere else in the "land".

The Backlot

The Streets of America has been renamed to the Backlot, and extends to include Star Tours.

I've actually had the idea of making several different films for Star Tours for awhile now. The only difference between my idea and I believe MHarringtons's is that rather than six different destiations, mine would include three (two vehicles for every show).

New York Street is going to be all about 1920's New York. San Fran will stay the same, for now. Chicago will go where Al's Toy Barn is. There'd be a Chicago Style Pizza restraunt located here.

Muppet Vission is perfect in it's current state, and I'm a little weary of having Disney redo the film and make it like the Muppet's Wizard of Oz, so it stays the way it is. Across the street from MV3D is...

The Muppets Tour New York, a dark ride similar to Superstar Limo, but featuring the Muppets. Kermit and the gang are getting ready for the grand opening of their all new "Muppet Tours", and you're gonna be their test audience. This is a whacky adventure through the streets of New York, Muppet Style.

LMA is going to become more of a gangster stunt show to tie in with the new 1920's theme of the New York Street Set. Rather than take place in Europe, it'll take place in a 1920's American City (New York meets Chicago)

That's all for now, I have to get going. I'll write about the changes I'd make to Pixar Place and the Animation Ctyd later today/some time tomorrow.

Okie Dokie. Here's the rest...
That was me who had the Kim Possible show idea!!!!!!!I am glad you like it!:D
Pixar Place

I have to tell you, I'm not a big fan of the idea of a "Pixar Place", but since it's there...

Rather than build the rumored M:I coaster, I'm gonna go for something different. I can't wait to see Up! It looks like a terrific film, and I think you could get a GREAT ride out of it, so located in Pixar's "Blue Sky Dept." right next to TSM I'd put a hanging coaster/dark ride about Up. You're vehicle would be a house with a bunch of ballons on it, and you'd go on adventures with Carl, Russell, and Dug (The Dog).

As of right now, that's all I'm going to do with Pixar Place. I am working on areas where the Backlot Tour is though, so maybe in the future I'll come up with something...

Production Central

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! By Royal Proclomation, The Animation Ctyd will be known as Production Central from this day foward!

Why? 1) Because that's where the Studio Gate leads you to
2) To replace Narnia, there's a new show that pays tribute to I Love Lucy (it still needs an official name). Does anybody remember the Lucy impersonator from that abc show, "The Next Best Thing"? If I had control of WDW, she'd be given a job at DHS. The "Sitcom" show is all about how Television shows are filmed. You're the "Studio Audience", watching a taping of I Love Lucy (or a generic sitcom featuring characters that resemble those from I Love Lucy). To make sure that the show doesn't seem to repititious(sp?) for returning guests, there's different scripts the show uses that rotate throughout the day.

Also new in Production Central is Animagique, replacing Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I've never acctually seen the show in WDS, but I love the concept. One thing that I know is different than the show in WDS is that Donald will be a puppet rather than a walkaround character. The films included in this show will be The Little Mermaid where Donald participates in the Under The Sea section of the film, Aladdin where Donald comes across the Magic Lamp, and Tarzan, where Donald takes part in "Trashin' the Camp".

And last but not least, taking over Playhouse Disney is Studio DC, similar to the TV show. It'll be almost exactly like Disaster in Universal, without the Earthquake. CM's will interact with videos of your favorite DC stars making it seem like they're really there. Then, you'll be invited to take part in some of your favorite DC shows using green screen technology.

That's all I've got for now. Maybe later if you guys want I'll try this again. Hopefully this was a pretty good first-time Imagineer post.

I am so glad you took out that stupid playhouse disney show!:DThank you!!!!:D

comics101

I am so glad you took out that stupid playhouse disney show!:DThank you!!!!:D

Yeah, I was kind of dissapointed in that show (not that my expections for it were very high). It's a shame because it could be something really cute for the kids, but not anymore :p...

Here's another idea that's taken me some time to get "just right", a Mickey Mouse dark ride, and I think I may have it. This would replace the Magic of Disney Animation attraction.

The ride would start off as a tour of the Walt Disney Animation Studios. Picture JIYI (the first refurb), but more Disney-like and w/out Eric Idle. You'd go past AA animators at their desks drawing (and advertising) the next animated Disney film, maybe you'd go past a storyboard room, etc. (the drawings would be interchangeable, as they'd just be videos/pictures).The "Tour" part wouldn't take very long though, so I'm not sure how many animator rooms would be included. Eventually you'd get to a turntable type thing like in the original JII. There'd be an Animator drawing Mickey Mouse, and after he was done, he'd get up and walk out the room. While he was away, Mickey would magically jump off the page and cause some mischief. He'd open the "Disney Vault", and from there, you'd be on a ride through famous Mickey Mouse shorts starting with Steamboat Willie.

The attraction would include various special fx, including AA, and the technology used in Disaster. The one thing though is that I'm not sure how to get Mickey to jump off the page. That's where the technology from Disaster would come in I think. IDK. Does anyone have other suggestions as to how this would work?

The Art of Disney store that's located in TMODA would be relocated to the Studio Store that's right across from the bathrooms. IF (and this is a big IF) there's enough room (which I highly doubt there would be), I'd like to have an interactive exhibit at the end of the ride, kind of like in the current attraction, making it sort of like an Animation Epcot Pavillion.

So what do you guys think?

Disneyson 1

Well, the reason I removed Fantasia ... namely, that it will be the theme of a brand-new E-ticket ride elsewhere in the park, which will be a brand-new water thrill ride which would likely give MK's Splash Mountain a run for its money.

Like mine?? I'd LOVE the honor of being put in such a great thread! All of these ideas are real and workable, yet they retain that spark of creativity! Good job, guys!

(P.S., for Mickey, why not make the desk with wooden panels on all sides, and the actual desk would jut out just a little bit so that the animator could place his legs there. When he "jumps off the page", he could rise up from the secret compartment in the desk! All you need is some smoke and a strobe light or two!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom