Disney Store ??

paulywdw

Original Poster
I heard on a podcast some time ago about the disney store online will be selling wdw park merchandise. is there a thread about this yet. if there is sorry about the post just looking for help

I asked the manager that question in the Disney store in my mall and he said that they have to finish selling all the inventory they have ordered from their other companies. So when that's all gone they will have stuff from the parks. He said it might take a little less than a year.

cndrellagrl

Yay! Im not going crazy. I thought I heard this and then couldn't find anything more about it last week when I wanted to order something from one of the resorts. Thanks for bringing this up. I'm excited to see this happening on their website.

Disneykidder

I was at my new Disney Outlet today. A huge wall of HSM and Camp Rock. Awesome store!!!!

Anyway, I am a bit disappointed that they will have park merchandise in the stores. I like the fact that I need to go to WDW to get some items. WOD in Manhatten sells park merchandise and I like that because it is unique. Great store!!!! It may sound weird but I like that there are some things that I may have that others cannot get unless they go to WDW. Kind of sets things apart.

2nd Star TTR

Our Disney store also closed. Bummer. The bigger bummer, is that my wife inquired about the store display items, and the manager told my wife that she was required to smash all display items and take pictures, so no items could be sold to the public. :fork:

Marley's Ghost

They rolled black paint across the carpet that my wife and I helped put down as castmember:brick: and then scraped it off and threw it away.:cry: they closed 98 nation wide.

raven

They rolled black paint across the carpet that my wife and I helped put down as castmember:brick: and then scraped it off and threw it away.:cry: they closed 98 nation wide.

So did mine. So did you guys receive the tiny tin of cookies to share with all your CMs back in May like we did?

"Thanks for your years of service to The Disney Store. Please partake in a cookie and here's a 10% off coupon for you to use on Friends and Family Day."

Like I really want a discount on King Louie plush, 3 foot Sleeping Beauty or Oswald merchandise. :fork:

MickeyJman06

let me be a nerd, i was at a disney store thats closed today earlier and it was FREAKY. they blocked off the back area with the tv and they started taking down posters early. luckly i got an oswald figurine, an oswald poster, and a Phineas and Ferb shirt (Phineas and Ferb is the only show thats worth it on DC in my opinion) for $17.00. just to let u know it was never redisgned when micheal eisner sold it to childrens place and it wasn't my store, but it was a close one. and the freakiest thing is they only had one store closing sign. the rest was "sale! 45-70% off!"
Now to the original discussion: :shrug:
idk.

markjohns1

I am quite excited to see a change in the merchandise that is offered online. I think it will go a long way towards improving the quality and variety offered online. I always found the online store, and even the Disney Stores, to be lacking in some ways. Also, I have always had trips where there was something I had wanted to buy, but had forgotten to pick up or just didn't have the money to spend at the time. It'd be great to be able to order that theme park merchandise from home now.

Also, all of the Disney Stores closed in the St. Louis area (there were at least 3-4 that I knew of). Hopefully if the new stores/online store takes off with the new merchandise, we can hopefully get at least 1 to open back up.

Yankeeplex

One of the great perks of where I live is that our mall has a Disney Store in it. I can't tell you how many times I have gone in to the mall and just been sucked in there without having any reason to be there. I love it and can't get enough of the Disney stuff.

Raychul

All 3 of the local San Fran Disney Stores closed this week too. So did the one back home in NC. Is this for good...or only for the new merchandise like stated above?

They were even selling all the Disney decorations and statues used around the store.

pacochran

Somewhat off topic, but did Disney officially take over the Disney Stores again from the Children's Place? I remember hearing that this was going to happen but don't remember seeing anything that says it did happen.

Tiggerfanatic

let me be a nerd, i was at a disney store thats closed today earlier and it was FREAKY. they blocked off the back area with the tv and they started taking down posters early. luckly i got an oswald figurine, an oswald poster, and a Phineas and Ferb shirt (Phineas and Ferb is the only show thats worth it on DC in my opinion) for $17.00. just to let u know it was never redisgned when micheal eisner sold it to childrens place and it wasn't my store, but it was a close one. and the freakiest thing is they only had one store closing sign. the rest was "sale! 45-70% off!"
Now to the original discussion:
idk.
MickeyJman, just a little off topic, but I see you are from Pittsburgh. Which Disney store were you at that was closing? I was just the South Hills location last week and it looked like it was maybe going to stay open (Keeping fingers crossed!)

raven

Somewhat off topic, but did Disney officially take over the Disney Stores again from the Children's Place? I remember hearing that this was going to happen but don't remember seeing anything that says it did happen.

Yes. During Eisner's reign, Disney sold the stores in 2004 to Hoop Retail Stores (which runs Children's Place). Hoop filed Chapter 11 for only the Disney Store part of their company, they still own The Children's Place. Disney bought back about 1/3 of the stores on May 1st and the rest will be closed if they haven't already.

no1swfanindy

I think it would be cool to be able to purchase items from WDW via their web site. I have always been very frustrated with the selection of items available online. For instance; my wife LOVES Grumpy, at Disney World there is Grumpy stuff everywhere!!, online has maybe 3 or 4 items. Not much help when looking for a birthday or Christmas gift.

I also was not very interested in calling some 800# to purchase items. I would rather look through all of the items and then pick which one would be best (can't do that over the phone)

Mr Bill

I haven't been up to my local mall in a while so I'm not sure what the status of our Disney store is. Anyone know what's up with the Sanford, FL location?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom