Disney Store ??

lilo091701

Pretty much all stores that were due to close have or will in the next week. TDS's that are remaining are under WDW !:) Lots of great NEW and EXCITING things to come........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just an FYI you will not see a difference in merchandise for at least 18 months!! It takes that long to go though merchandise that Hoops had already bought. But WDW has already started to buy for the stores and we should all see the NEW in full by HOLIDAY 2009!!!!!!

Jessie&Buzz

MickeyJman, just a little off topic, but I see you are from Pittsburgh. Which Disney store were you at that was closing? I was just the South Hills location last week and it looked like it was maybe going to stay open (Keeping fingers crossed!)

I was told that South Hills is the only one in the Pittsburgh area now. :cry: It's a good hour drive from me. I miss our store. It closed way back in Jan. I would go to the Mall at Robinson but that one closed too. This sucks so bad. I hate that they did this to us.

uklad79

Pretty much all stores that were due to close have or will in the next week. TDS's that are remaining are under WDW !:) Lots of great NEW and EXCITING things to come........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just an FYI you will not see a difference in merchandise for at least 18 months!! It takes that long to go though merchandise that Hoops had already bought. But WDW has already started to buy for the stores and we should all see the NEW in full by HOLIDAY 2009!!!!!!

Seems odd to have such a large stock holding. I can see most of this going to outlet stores to clear and them bringing there own stock in much faster than that. 18mths of stock doesn't allow for trends in what films and shows Disney promoting and what will sell. I can see them holding on to some stock but not enough to last 18mths.

StageFrenzy

Am i the only one that thinks the Disney Store should update their color scheme. Being from Florida teal and pink may me CRINGE.

PeoplemoverTTA

Our Disney store also closed. Bummer. The bigger bummer, is that my wife inquired about the store display items, and the manager told my wife that she was required to smash all display items and take pictures, so no items could be sold to the public. :fork:

Ours closed today, and my mom was so upset when the store manager told her the figures were going to be destroyed...I can understand why they may not want to sell them, but why not donate them to the local children's hospital?

Oh well....

hillernj

I just called my Disney Store today is their last day so we're leaving now to buy what's left. The girl said that they havn't heard the word from the big mouse on if they are closed for good or not :-( lets hope the keep one here in buffalo!

lilo091701

Seems odd to have such a large stock holding. I can see most of this going to outlet stores to clear and them bringing there own stock in much faster than that. 18mths of stock doesn't allow for trends in what films and shows Disney promoting and what will sell. I can see them holding on to some stock but not enough to last 18mths.

You will see some NEW stuff sooner than Holiday 2009 but you wont see an over all NEW until then!!! We do have a new logo (can see it now on the Wall-e product and on the new tween merchandise). We will get new uniforms and all old stores will be remodeled!!!!! That is what I mean by over all NEW (merchandise,appearance, guest service ect......)

wedway71

I think it would be cool to be able to purchase items from WDW via their web site. I have always been very frustrated with the selection of items available online. For instance; my wife LOVES Grumpy, at Disney World there is Grumpy stuff everywhere!!, online has maybe 3 or 4 items. Not much help when looking for a birthday or Christmas gift.

I also was not very interested in calling some 800# to purchase items. I would rather look through all of the items and then pick which one would be best (can't do that over the phone)

A fellow Disney fan in Indy??????:sohappy:

wedway71

Is this official?

I was under the impression that DS was still under Consumer Products.
On the Disney Consumer Products website, it lists James Fielding as Disney Store President under Consumer Products.

Not doubting you,just confused.

I really hope DS is now under Parks and Resorts so they too can one day go under my control as well.:cool:

lilo091701

Is this official?

I was under the impression that DS was still under Consumer Products.
On the Disney Consumer Products website, it lists James Fielding as Disney Store President under Consumer Products.

Not doubting you,just confused.

I really hope DS is now under Parks and Resorts so they too can one day go under my control as well.:cool:

You are right, Disney Consumer Products!!!!! But WDW is in the decision making also...........they know they made mistakes in the past and it is NOT going to happen this time!!!! We are going to be more of a destination shop (eventually)!! And you will have that experience when you shop at TDS........a Magical Experience!!!!!!!!!! We are VERY EXCITED!!! And are loving the change and waiting for more with open arms!!!

wedway71

You are right, Disney Consumer Products!!!!! But WDW is in the decision making also...........they know they made mistakes in the past and it is NOT going to happen this time!!!! We are going to be more of a destination shop (eventually)!! And you will have that experience when you shop at TDS........a Magical Experience!!!!!!!!!! We are VERY EXCITED!!! And are loving the change and waiting for more with open arms!!!

That ia really great news.
I am glad Disney is revamping what can be a huge Magical Retail Destination.

lilo091701

I think it would be cool to be able to purchase items from WDW via their web site. I have always been very frustrated with the selection of items available online. For instance; my wife LOVES Grumpy, at Disney World there is Grumpy stuff everywhere!!, online has maybe 3 or 4 items. Not much help when looking for a birthday or Christmas gift.

I also was not very interested in calling some 800# to purchase items. I would rather look through all of the items and then pick which one would be best (can't do that over the phone)

Good news....they are working on this........they are hoping someday to be able to do this for guests!!!!!!!!!

Goofnut1980

They rolled black paint across the carpet that my wife and I helped put down as castmember:brick: and then scraped it off and threw it away.:cry: they closed 98 nation wide.

that is insane... lets think about this.. why didn't Disney hold an auction from all of its stores things and use the money they raised (which we all know would be a lot) to donate to a childrens charity??? someone didn't think this thru... and all of the manpower to complete this task could have been a tax write-off :shrug:

uklad79

that is insane... lets think about this.. why didn't Disney hold an auction from all of its stores things and use the money they raised (which we all know would be a lot) to donate to a childrens charity??? someone didn't think this thru... and all of the manpower to complete this task could have been a tax write-off :shrug:

I don't see how Disney would own these fittings. The stores closing are owned by Hoop which is in chapter 11 and therefore Disney are not taking them on or it would have to take on loads of leases it doesn't want. Hoop don't want the fittings and Disney don't want them to end up being used in cheap stores that my buy them to use.

macsmom

I am quite excited to see a change in the merchandise that is offered online. I think it will go a long way towards improving the quality and variety offered online. I always found the online store, and even the Disney Stores, to be lacking in some ways. Also, I have always had trips where there was something I had wanted to buy, but had forgotten to pick up or just didn't have the money to spend at the time. It'd be great to be able to order that theme park merchandise from home now.

Also, all of the Disney Stores closed in the St. Louis area (there were at least 3-4 that I knew of). Hopefully if the new stores/online store takes off with the new merchandise, we can hopefully get at least 1 to open back up.

I thought the store in Mid-Rivers mall stayed open. I sure hope so.

danna

WhatJaneSays

This annoys me a just a little in conjunction with the local Disney Store closing. For us now the closest Disney Store is about an hour and a half away (and only about 15 minuets away from WDW itself, so what's the point). We do have the Disney's Vero Beach Resort but their shop is very tiny and sparse at the best of times. I doubt that any "park" merchandise will make it's way into retailers like Wal-Mart or Target.

... on the plus side, I have noticed that since our Disney Store closed I'm saving about $15 a week which I've been adding to my 2012 Olympic trip to London fund.
:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom