Disney stock...

Slpy3270

If hedge funds are the ones who have been pumping the stock since investor day last year then I wouldn't put it past the stock going back down to $120 if not lower since these funds are the ones losing billions off the shorts right now.

Slpy3270

Nope, back up today over 5%. This is why people shouldn't watch the daily numbers, and just buy long term. If you look at the daily numbers you'll just drive yourself crazy.
Me thinks it's regarding the X Games sale rumors (which I've never understood why ESPN held onto that failed franchise for so long) than anything else.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Me thinks it's regarding the X Games sale rumors (which I've never understood why ESPN held onto that failed franchise for so long) than anything else.
I doubt it, this is a larger market driven fall/rise.

Remember that DIS is part of the Dow Industrial, so it tracks with its rise and fall along with being a direct impact on it.

Not every DIS stock move has to do with the company itself, not how the market works.

Slpy3270

Aaaannnd it's poised to crater again.

Hedge funds are going to drop dead left and right, and if they were behind Disney's recent stock surge after investor day, they're screwed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Aaaannnd it's poised to crater again.

Hedge funds are going to drop dead left and right, and if they were behind Disney's recent stock surge after investor day, they're screwed.
This again is why you shouldn't watch stocks daily. There are SOOOOOOO many factors besides company fundamentals that can cause a stock to rise or fall.

Speaking of company fundamentals, DIS is on solid ground. It has literally transformed itself overnight and is now really the only majority competitor to Netflix. So no some hedge funds going under will not cause DIS to lose its value. Smart investors will hold the stock long term and aren't affected by daily swings. If anything it'll be a buying opportunity after this recent volatility, just as it was yesterday.

If you're worried about daily swings in specific stocks such as DIS, then I suggest staying out of the stock market.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The fresh hell?
Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 1.23.21 PM.png

seascape

It was only a couple of years ago when Comcast was worth more than Disney. However today The Walt Disney Company's market cap if $357.77 billion while Comcast is worth $244.33, $113.44 billion less. I think it's clear that the last two major decisions Disney made, buying Fox and starting Disney+ have proven to be a huge success.

Note edited to fix the difference in value.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

It was only a couple of years ago when Comcast was worth more than Disney. However today The Walt Disney Company's market cap if $357.77 billion while Comcast is worth $244.33, $113.44 billion less. I think it's clear that the last two major decisions Disney made, buying Fox and starting Disney+ have proven to be a huge success.

Note edited to fix the difference in value.
I can see why Disney starting Disney+ is a factor in the stock rise, but how does the Fox purchase affect anything?

seascape

I can see why Disney starting Disney+ is a factor in the stock rise, but how does the Fox purchase affect anything?
Disney needed more content for Disney+ and Hulu. But the real answer is Hotstar and all thr Fox business in India and don't forget Central and South America. Disney is much more of an International Company thanks to Fox than it was before.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Besides the international distribution channels that will allow Disney to rule the world, the Fox purchase also gave them more studios to produce content for D+ and also to give Disney 'serious' production companies for Oscar-worthy films from 20th Century and Searchlight.

eliza61nyc

Lol I started buying Disney shares 30 years ago for my kids. Ironically we only did it because we actually liked the certificate, I know stupid reason. I think it was 38 buck's , we brought 200 shares, it split twice since then. Not bad 😃

I'm not a big trader as it's not my area, I'm more of a vanguard funds gal,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom