Disney Stock

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Still good to see it bounce back a bit. It looked pretty bad the other day.
So did the rest of the markets around the world. I know Disney stock is the only thing people want to discuss around here, understandable, but its the larger markets that are directing this not The Walt Disney Company fundamentals or change in CEO. As the markets rise and lower based on COVID-19 fears so will Disney stock, they are lock step with each other right now. Until that is done its useless to track individual stocks.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
:cool: Down to 86 this morning.....got some more yesterday....and yes there are other stocks but this thread is titled DISNEY STOCK! Please do share any thoughts on other issues!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
:cool: Down to 86 this morning.....got some more yesterday....and yes there are other stocks but this thread is titled DISNEY STOCK! Please do share any thoughts on other issues!
For god’s sake why?

Buy when/if the market stabilizes
How much are y'all putting into Disney stocks? Don't get dollar signs in your eyes, looks like a tough road ahead for Dis.
Not one cent...move to cash/commodity options and buy at the bottom. They’re not there yet.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Don't worry SirWalter the vast majority of my money is secure, I had a bit set aside to invest in Disney.....its my play money. Not a huge amount.....;). I did not even invest much of the amount I set aside for DIS. Its for long term and if you don't believe long term in markets stabilizing, no you should not invest a cent! :cool:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't worry SirWalter the vast majority of my money is secure, I had a bit set aside to invest in Disney.....its my play money. Not a huge amount.....;). I did not even invest much of the amount I set aside for DIS. Its for long term and if you don't believe long term in markets stabilizing, no you should not invest a cent! :cool:
That’s good.

Disney is nowhere close to the bottom. Buying now is “not wise”

eliza61nyc

that's a hard thing simply because we are all so very different. age, where you live, etc.

I'm retiring this year ( 🥳🥳yahooo!!!) so I'm really not looking to add any more individual stock to my portfolio, keeping about 2 years living expenses in cash.. I'm under 60 so I'm a bit more worried about how to cover health care until I hit 65 and cash reserve until I can turn on social security.

Most of the Disney stock I acquire was from when my sons were born, we started buying a few hundred shares for their birthdays, that was 32 years ago. lol. I sold a few hundred shares when Disney launched disney +, lol of course I used the proceeds to pay for a trip to the world in August. lord only knows what the situation is going to be in August.

Would love some Berkshire hathaway shares. lol how can you go wrong with Warren B

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
that's a hard thing simply because we are all so very different. age, where you live, etc.

I'm retiring this year ( 🥳🥳yahooo!!!) so I'm really not looking to add any more individual stock to my portfolio, keeping about 2 years living expenses in cash.. I'm under 60 so I'm a bit more worried about how to cover health care until I hit 65 and cash reserve until I can turn on social security.

Most of the Disney stock I acquire was from when my sons were born, we started buying a few hundred shares for their birthdays, that was 32 years ago. lol. I sold a few hundred shares when Disney launched disney +, lol of course I used the proceeds to pay for a trip to the world in August. lord only knows what the situation is going to be in August.

Would love some Berkshire hathaway shares. lol how can you go wrong with Warren B

Congrats! What a year it's already been, and I hear you about health care coverage, just maybe there will be progress in that arena in the next couple years. Tee hee one thought I had was that investing in stock was a future Disney trip! Wish I had invested when it was 20 but its all hindsight. ;) ….and I won't be getting a few hundred shares either.....but WOOHOO they DID help YOU pay for a trip!👍:joyfull:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I love warren...when things go south he’s the first person anyone calls.

They are asking him hypotheticals and he says “i dunno...?” In his awe shucks sorta way

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Until we see a turn for the positive (which won't be for at least a couple months, think at least May/June) in terms of the new cases of COVID-19 in the US this is going to be a daily occurrence. Basically seeing the stock take a hit, regain, take a hit, regain, etc., as the markets digest the fall out from COVID-19. As has been said before and as you indicated this is affecting all stocks, not just Disney. So until the bottom is hit and we go back on an upward trend its no use tracking it daily. Let alone try to explain daily why its going down again, its going to be the same answer everyday, no new reason, sorry.

We'll move on from this, Disney stock will go back up.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Until we see a turn for the positive (which won't be for at least a couple months, think at least May/June) in terms of the new cases of COVID-19 in the US this is going to be a daily occurrence. Basically seeing the stock take a hit, regain, take a hit, regain, etc., as the markets digest the fall out from COVID-19. As has been said before and as you indicated this is affecting all stocks, not just Disney. So until the bottom is hit and we go back on an upward trend its no use tracking it daily. Let alone try to explain daily why its going down again, its going to be the same answer everyday, no new reason, sorry.

We'll move on from this, Disney stock will go back up.
The not too hard of a pattern to follow these last 3 weeks has been “two steps back...one forward”

So it’s not the time to buy into something like Disney. Seems pretty obvious right now...but eventually that will change too.

For instsnce: down $13/14% today to $80.30 a share...

I coulda swore I saw someone a few days back celebrating buying it at $96??? Yeah...about that...

Disney stock has sunk 44% as of this minute since it’s alltime high in November.

Better to forget about it for now and see what happens later

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The not too hard of a pattern to follow these last 3 weeks has been “two steps back...one forward”

So it’s not the time to buy into something like Disney. Seems pretty obvious right now...but eventually that will change too.

For instsnce: down $13/14% today to $80.30 a share...

I coulda swore I saw someone a few days back celebrating buying it at $96??? Yeah...about that...

Disney stock has sunk 44% as of this minute since it’s alltime high in November.

Better to forget about it for now and see what happens later

Some may want to catch the wave down so they don't miss it when it goes back up. Its going to be one of those tricky things to catch, because unless you're watching it closely you could miss the perfect buying opportunity. So I don't fault anyone for watching it daily. But I do fault those that keep asking why its going down today versus yesterday or the day before, same answer my friends..... :cool:

Bottom line I wouldn't be surprised if DIS hits $30-40 (maybe even lower) range before this thing is done. At that price its almost a steal and anyone would be silly not to find a way to even buy 10 shares to add to their portfolio.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some may want to catch the wave down so they don't miss it when it goes back up. Its going to be one of those tricky things to catch, because unless you're watching it closely you could miss the perfect buying opportunity. So I don't fault anyone for watching it daily. But I do fault those that keep asking why its going down today versus yesterday or the day before, same answer my friends..... :cool:

Bottom line I wouldn't be surprised if DIS hits $30-40 (maybe even lower) range before this thing is done. At that price its almost a steal and anyone would be silly not to find a way to even buy 10 shares to add to their portfolio.
Somewhere here last week I predicted Disney would fall to the 40’s in a recession...so I agree

But that’s not being critical of Disney...it’s not how solid they are - they are super solid - it’s the the type of business they are in. Very few silver linings for them in a full scale drawback.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Somewhere here last week I predicted Disney would fall to the 40’s in a recession...so I agree

But that’s not being critical of Disney...it’s not how solid they are - they are super solid - it’s the the type of business they are in. Very few silver linings for them in a full scale drawback.
If they could get a solid VOD day and date release program going I think a lot of the fallout from this could be mitigated. Its something most studios want to do anyways, its been the theaters that have been the push back on it. Well now with all theater chains pretty much closed studios may have the opportunity to do it, Universal is trying and I expect others to fall into line behind them. If that happens and DIS follows suit then the only major expose left is PEP, and while that is a large business under Corp, there isn't anything that can be done about that. So I would think most analysts have that baked in already in their forecasts.

So VOD day and date release might be one of the only silver lining to come out of this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If they could get a solid VOD day and date release program going I think a lot of the fallout from this could be mitigated. Its something most studios want to do anyways, its been the theaters that have been the push back on it. Well now with all theater chains pretty much closed studios may have the opportunity to do it, Universal is trying and I expect others to fall into line behind them. If that happens and DIS follows suit then the only major expose left is PEP, and while that is a large business under Corp, there isn't anything that can be done about that. So I would think most analysts have that baked in already in their forecasts.

So VOD day and date release might be one of the only silver lining to come out of this.
Most of their revenue is still tv based and parks...
Not much to do there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom