Disney Stock

VaderTron

Original Poster
Markets nosedive and Disney stock takes a beating. Who got out above $140? Who got out on the way down? Who got back in thinking the correction was done? Who's riding out the whole event, holding their hats and, perhaps, butts? What is the price point you would buy back in and wait for the inevitable climb back up?

Becky

Markets nosedive and Disney stock takes a beating. Who got out above $140? Who got out on the way down? Who got back in thinking the correction was done? Who's riding out the whole event, holding their hats and, perhaps, butts? What is the price point you would buy back in and wait for the inevitable climb back up?
I'm holding on and buying more.

ThatMouse

The whole market is down due to the virus, nothing to do with Disney, so investors are just looking for the bottom so they can buy in. If you have uninvested cash or haven't done 2019's IRA yet, March is a good month to do it. I would diversify though. I only have a little fun money in Disney.

thatwilsonnerd

I'm holding on and buying more.

This. If you've got some liquidity, it's starting to be a good time to think about buying. Almost all analysts agree that for the most part, none of this correction is not related to underlying financials, but supply/demand disruption due to the Coronavirus. Concensus seems to be that recovery can be within a 6-12 month time range.

Unless you are a day-trader, chill the f* out and stay in for the long haul and even buy companies with good fundamentals, even index ETFs are looking good if you have a horizon longer than a couple of years.

seascape

I think at the current price, $114.56, the stock is a screaming buy. Disney plus will do even better than previous thought because more people will stay home and watch streaming services. This is good for the big 3, Netflix, Hulu and Disney Plus. Disney lucked out on the timing of their launch. Yes. two of their Divisions, movies and parks will be hurt in the short run, but that is only in the immediate future. not the long run.

So, what will happen in 2021 and beyond for movies and parks? I think everyone will agree that the parks will come back and again Disney is lucky in the timing of Covid19 because in just over 19 months from now WDW will turn 50. The vaccine should be finished by then and the world will be ready to return to normal. As for movies in theaters, that is very interesting. The DOJ is considering removing the moratorium of Studios owning theaters. Personally, I think moratorium should continue unless it would cause them to go out of business but someone has to keep the movie theater experience alive. I would hate it if streaming killed the movie theaters.

In conclusion. Disney is a great company with a great future. The world is not over and the best is still ahead. Bob Iger has left the company in great shape. Buy more stock at these low prices and sit back and watch the company soar.

Lilofan

One lucrative job right now are the stock brokers charging fees to clients panic selling and getting out of the market or for some with cash, buying into the market.

NYwdwfan

Never bought stocks before, have an extra 5k. Think I should buy in?
I would love to buy some Disney stock but never having bought stock before I wouldn’t know where to start!
I would never advise anyone whether to buy or sell a particular stock, however, I would say if it's something that you are considering you should open an account so when it hits your target price you are ready to buy. There are a number on online sites that offer commission free trades. Personally I use etrade and have been very happy with them but they all pretty much enable you to buy/sell and research online without paying any fees or commissions.

seascape

This is an important fact to remember. No one who held a diversified portfolio lost money holding their stocks after the 1929 crask, the 1987 fall or the 2008 great recession. This correction crash or whatever you call it will end and the stock market will hit a record high in the future. You only lose money if you panic and sell at a loss.

The_Jobu

I would never advise anyone whether to buy or sell a particular stock, however, I would say if it's something that you are considering you should open an account so when it hits your target price you are ready to buy. There are a number on online sites that offer commission free trades. Personally I use etrade and have been very happy with them but they all pretty much enable you to buy/sell and research online without paying any fees or commissions.
This is an important fact to remember. No one who held a diversified portfolio lost money holding their stocks after the 1929 crask, the 1987 fall or the 2008 great recession. This correction crash or whatever you call it will end and the stock market will hit a record high in the future. You only lose money if you panic and sell at a loss.

I only have 5k, a pittance in terms of stock trading, but I am strongly considering jumping in if prices continue. I'll try to split up amongst Disney and an unrelated company as you advise.

NYwdwfan

I only have 5k, a pittance in terms of stock trading, but I am strongly considering jumping in if prices continue. I'll try to split up amongst Disney and an unrelated company as you advise.
I don't have much invested either, but it's fun to have some money in the market - significantly LESS fun when the market is going down but it's still fun nonetheless!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom