Disney Springs tenant watch

bhg469

No Cabella's for Disney Springs. Seriously, unless someone wants to shoot animals on Kilimanjaro Safari, there is no reason to have a place that provides shotgun shells. The 2nd thing is Disney doesn't allow guns into theme parks.
Cabellas is more than guns. Lots of camping and fishing and all around outdoors stuff. There is aalready a bass pro near by so its probably not a good spot. Rei however would be great, especially with a nice climbing wall. I would imagine it would be a good spot for new era to do a flagship store but maybe im rooting for them because they are a buffalo company.

Beholder

No Cabella's for Disney Springs. Seriously, unless someone wants to shoot animals on Kilimanjaro Safari, there is no reason to have a place that provides shotgun shells. The 2nd thing is Disney doesn't allow guns into theme parks.

Perhaps not with firearms, but something like World Wide Sportsman in Islamorada (the Keys) would work, at least I think it would. It sells primarily fresh and salt water fishing gear and equipment, some of it fairly high end. Sport fishing is big, and who knows, maybe something like this would work?

Beholder

I still think a Nintendo or even a straight up Pokemon store would be a cool different fit.

I think Disney getting into some sort of partnership with a established video game company would be a very smart move. I really think its an untapped resource for a new demographic and revenue. And call me a geek, but I would love to see Disney partner with Bandai and bring in something Gundam. Store front, merchandise, and attractions. But I'm on the geeky side.

Jimmy Thick

Here's the proposed tennants logo's they showed earlier this year..
potential-restaurants.jpg
Has there been any news just what Disney Burger-Disney Character Dining and Disney Bakery will consist of from a conceptual standpoint?

Jimmy Thick- A mouse ear bun for my Kobe' beef please?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'd prefer that go into the now empty second level of the Canada pavilion at Epcot.
Don't know why, but Timmie's in the US doesn't taste the same as at home.
Even only an hour away in Buffalo, the coffee tastes totally different. Is the cream different? In Canada, they use 18%.

The Visionary Soul

Okay everyone, let me shed some light on this. The "idea boards" that were posted have absolutely nothing to do with what tenants actually sign up to rent space at Disney Springs. They were just concepts of venues that would find Disney Springs appealing. That is really all it was.

I know you want to get confirmed eateries and shops, and that's fine. But don't keep posting that same set of 2 photos that were posted on here months ago. There's no reason for that, and it just gets people excited for no reason.

In all honesty, the only credible thing we know about Disney Springs is that it will be built, the full layout, and design of the architectural styles. We know very little else of what will fill the space. No one really can possibly know what tenants are coming in to rent space this early in the game. An "interested" list is the only thing that would help. And if anyone posts that said list, well, I'd just be very surprised, since only a very few would have access to something like that, and if they said something, well, they wouldn't have jobs much longer. This thread is just too early to even exist.

PhotoDave219

I think Disney getting into some sort of partnership with a established video game company would be a very smart move. I really think its an untapped resource for a new demographic and revenue. And call me a geek, but I would love to see Disney partner with Bandai and bring in something Gundam. Store front, merchandise, and attractions. But I'm on the geeky side.

Disney has had a partnership for Square Enix for many years, the developers of the wildly popular Kingdom Hearts franchise. (Also the people for bring you the Final Fantasy franchise)

Beholder

Disney has had a partnership for Square Enix for many years, the developers of the wildly popular Kingdom Hearts franchise. (Also the people for bring you the Final Fantasy franchise)

I'd forgotten about that, but I'm thinking they should go beyond just the console platform and maybe establish a presence in the parks or DTD. Quite a few video games lend themselves nicely to the theme park attraction model, so seeing it at Disney would seem natural. They already have PS3's at ESPN's WWS. Expand on that.

NoChesterHester

This post would only come from a person that has never stepped foot in a Cabellas. Don't blame others for ingnorance when you demonstrate it yourself.

71jason

Original Poster
This thread is just too early to even exist.

I agree with you that the idea boards were just theoretical "wishful thinking," and have largely been discredited.

Too early to exist tho? I-Drive Live, opening within months of Disney Springs, already has half a dozen or more tenants announced. If TDO isn't in negotiations right now, those buildings will open empty. And, while I can't vouch for King Bob's source on the In & Out Burger story, rumors from those negotiations are bound to leak out.

71jason

Original Poster
Good luck getting in here as I predict the Jungle Cruise Skippers and random Adventureland CM's will make this their home away from home...I know I will. ;)

And Adventurers Club fanbois/Disney lifestylers who've never been comfortable in another bar (I realize there's some overlap in those groups).

Why I think the Poly is a better fit, not just thematically. A Trader Sams in DTD would have to be too large for the intimate effects/atmosphere and too busy for the hand-crafted tiki drinks. It would be a Shula Burger rather than a Shula's Steakhouse.

SirLink

And Adventurers Club fanbois/Disney lifestylers who've never been comfortable in another bar (I realize there's some overlap in those groups).

Why I think the Poly is a better fit, not just thematically. A Trader Sams in DTD would have to be too large for the intimate effects/atmosphere and too busy for the hand-crafted tiki drinks. It would be a Shula Burger rather than a Shula's Steakhouse.

Yes exactly I would rather if Disney wants to an adult venue at Disney Springs, create a Cabaret style club with tiered seating booths and live entertainment.

71jason

Original Poster
He does want a business unit in Florida though. ;)

I think it's a smart idea--I just think Sand Lake Road or maybe a Rosen hotel would be a better fit. Unless he's got some daring new take on burgers and chicken nuggets he's been dying to try out on the menu.

Disvillain63

Too bad for the Shack, they'd probably make a killing off guests who forgot to pack phone and camera chargers for their trips.
Enough chargers and USB cords are left at the resorts, that they have them in boxes by month. When they've been in the box for a year, they're given to bell services for guests who forget theirs at home. They'll let you look in the box until you find one that may work with your phone or computer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom