Disney Springs tenant watch

SirLink

I'd be shocked if In-N-Out was coming. They would have to establish a distribution center there and begin building other locations in the region - they only use fresh ingredients, and their recent expansion into Texas took forever because of the way they set up their business.

And just because of the OP's wording:

GWhsXoe.jpg

That isn't the only reason though.

willtravel

I haven't read the other threads regarding DS yet. But I'm wondering what the rent and lease contracts are looking like. I can only imagine, insanely expensive.

Isn't this basically just a big, upscale shopping center?
I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes I wonder what is going on in WDW 'S thinking. It's like sponsers are purposely pushed away at WDW ? Or am I not business savy here or thinking logically . Anywhere at WDW... I do not know what a contract with WDW is like whether it be an attraction, pavillion or a store at DS. But after reading how Norway pavillion could have had a possible sponser. But WDW and sponser could not come to an agreement and so we get another M&G at Norway pavillion. I guess no sponser in WDW is better than something (there thinking). I am not saying profit should not be made but I guess WDW is rolling in money they can pick and choose. Sorry, going off in a tandum here.

asianway

Don't want to corrupt the construction thread, so starting this one, for news/rumors of what might be coming to the new DTD.

King Bob buried a couple updates/rumors in his Save PI blog I'm surprised no one else picked up on ...

First, American Girl Place--rumored to be "SF Girl" on the "leaked" blueprints and I believe featured on the proposed logo board as well--is now confirmed to be coming to Florida Mall. Given there are only 15 in the country, it seems likely the Mall has some sort of exclusivity deal. Was Disney Springs rent simply too high?

Second, and Bob offered no detail on this, just a throwaway line they are a rumored tenant--In & Out Burger. As far as I know, this would be the first on the East Coast. Would definitely bring some media attention, fill a gap in DTD.
I cant see In n Out - I mean, White Castle still hasnt made it down to FL yet. Unless they got bought out, I expect slow growth from west to east.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot...-in-the-picture-for-the-next-few-years/98082/

DancingPhoenix

I always hope for Build-a-Bear, maybe with a special Disney character or two as well as a few normal "bears" and maybe some special clothing/t-shirts for them? I know they have the Build-a-Dino but those places are such a good money maker. Kids could also buy accessories for medium sized plush toys they get in the parks as well!

Otherwise I am good so long as they mostly leave the Marketplace alone. The giant World of Disney store and the pin trading station are my favorites :)

Voxel

President of Progress City
I always hope for Build-a-Bear, maybe with a special Disney character or two as well as a few normal "bears" and maybe some special clothing/t-shirts for them? I know they have the Build-a-Dino but those places are such a good money maker. Kids could also buy accessories for medium sized plush toys they get in the parks as well!

Otherwise I am good so long as they mostly leave the Marketplace alone. The giant World of Disney store and the pin trading station are my favorites :)

That's actually a really good ideas. Especially if they do limited time magic switching out the characters every 3 months.

disney4life2008

DFB had listed these as new restaurants, all rumored of course:

Planet Hollywood would become The Observatory.
Disney Burger (TBD)
Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
Wine Bar (TBD)
The Edison
Disney Bakery (TBD)
Food Trucks <--- These are alredy rolling out!
Powell’s Sweet Shoppe
Argo Tea
Shake Shack
Food Network Restaurant
Temecula Olive Oil Company
Yogorino
Walt’s Place
The Boathouse
Morimoto
Newt

These are terrible places. Shake Shake is not only expensive but it is not good in anyway.

Yensid1974

Disney Burger (TBD)
Wine Bar (TBD)
The Edison
Disney Bakery (TBD)
Powell’s Sweet Shoppe
Argo Tea
Shake Shack
Food Network Restaurant
Yogorino
Walt’s Place
The Boathouse
Morimoto
Newt

Good luck getting in here as I predict the Jungle Cruise Skippers and random Adventureland CM's will make this their home away from home...I know I will. ;)

Epcot '92

I highly doubt IN and Out would be coming here. But the Tiki bar would be a great addition to the Springs. Shut up all of those Adventures club fanbois...

In all seriousness, Changing PH into the Observatory would be fantastic. BUt theres gotta be more than just food. I cant wait to hear about any of the larger retailers. Maybe an REI or Cabelas type place, with actual trails and stuff in them.

John

I highly doubt IN and Out would be coming here. But the Tiki bar would be a great addition to the Springs. Shut up all of those Adventures club fanbois...

In all seriousness, Changing PH into the Observatory would be fantastic. BUt theres gotta be more than just food. I cant wait to hear about any of the larger retailers. Maybe an REI or Cabelas type place, with actual trails and stuff in them.

Cabella's.....you have got to be kidding? How many people traveling to WDW....to buy shot gun shells and camo? Don't get me wrong.....I love cabella's but seriously?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Really???/ Wheels in my mind turning......Oh you mean like a 5 guys or something like that???

I don't mind chain places in theory. In and Out is West Coast so a branch on the East Coast could be a big draw. Many people would be happy with 5 Guys but since we have a bunch near my home I wouldn't eat there on vacation but many people would. The McDonald's a DTD was always packed! Everyone pretty much has one of those by there house.

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney Burger (TBD)
Wine Bar (TBD)
The Edison
Disney Bakery (TBD)
Powell’s Sweet Shoppe
Argo Tea
Shake Shack
Food Network Restaurant
Yogorino
Walt’s Place
The Boathouse
Morimoto
Newt

Here's the proposed tennants logo's they showed earlier this year..
potential-restaurants.jpg

JimboJones123

Don't want to corrupt the construction thread, so starting this one, for news/rumors of what might be coming to the new DTD.

King Bob buried a couple updates/rumors in his Save PI blog I'm surprised no one else picked up on ...

First, American Girl Place--rumored to be "SF Girl" on the "leaked" blueprints and I believe featured on the proposed logo board as well--is now confirmed to be coming to Florida Mall. Given there are only 15 in the country, it seems likely the Mall has some sort of exclusivity deal. Was Disney Springs rent simply too high?

Second, and Bob offered no detail on this, just a throwaway line they are a rumored tenant--In & Out Burger. As far as I know, this would be the first on the East Coast. Would definitely bring some media attention, fill a gap in DTD.
I'll take a 4X4 and a Neapolitan Milkshake.

Animal Style sucks.

wdwfan4ver

Maybe an REI or Cabelas type place, with actual trails and stuff in them.

No Cabella's for Disney Springs. Seriously, unless someone wants to shoot animals on Kilimanjaro Safari, there is no reason to have a place that provides shotgun shells. The 2nd thing is Disney doesn't allow guns into theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom