Disney Springs tenant watch

Stitchon

An observation:

Nordstrom is closing at The Florida Mall, less than a year after Saks Fifth Avenue shuttered. The Florida Mall is very touristy, and somehow couldn't support (an admittedly oversized) Nordstrom. Disney Springs will be very touristy, and I doubt the environment will be conductive to upscale retailers compared to the Mall at Millenia.

This leads me to at least question the draw of big-name retail to Disney Springs, especially tenants of the caliber shown on that infamous "vision board."

danlb_2000

Premium Member
An observation:

Nordstrom is closing at The Florida Mall, less than a year after Saks Fifth Avenue shuttered. The Florida Mall is very touristy, and somehow couldn't support (an admittedly oversized) Nordstrom. Disney Springs will be very touristy, and I doubt the environment will be conductive to upscale retailers compared to the Mall at Millenia.

This leads me to at least question the draw of big-name retail to Disney Springs, especially tenants of the caliber shown on that infamous "vision board."

One word "Disney".

ToTBellHop

I would think the "fancy" they would focus on would be more like the "fancy" stores at MCO. That's what people buy on vacation.

TimeTrip

Make a trip. It is fantastic food. And get a shake when you go. Live a little.
I usually get my burgers and shakes at burgerfi. :) I've had shake shack before in NY and definitely like that I can get the burger pink. But I prefer the egg that is available at Burgerfi as well as the black and white shake.

I think BurgerFi vs Shake Shack will be the next five guys vs in and out. :)

jt04

OBJ has the scoop on potential new tenant today. Check it out.

PS- Search and find the link yourself. Okay? :bored:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've been to the Gibson's in Rosemont many times. A fine steakhouse. I regularly attend a conference the week after Thanksgiving in the area and it's the highlight of the trip. Chicago in December isn't exactly a picnic, but at least I get a great meal:)

jt04

I've been to the Gibson's in Rosemont many times. A fine steakhouse. I regularly attend a conference the week after Thanksgiving in the area and it's the highlight of the trip. Chicago in December isn't exactly a picnic, but at least I get a great meal:)

There are those who thought DTD would never see another high end restaurant. And I guess they will be able to claim they were right because if this is true it will be part of Disney Springs.

In any case, I hope the rumor is true. And that it starts a trend. Because DS is perfect for some sophisticated venues. IMO.

lazyboy97o

There are those who thought DTD would never see another high end restaurant. And I guess they will be able to claim they were right because if this is true it will be part of Disney Springs.

In any case, I hope the rumor is true. And that it starts a trend. Because DS is perfect for some sophisticated venues. IMO.
There are those who claim they coined "bold new vision," then denied doing so, claimed The Orlando Sentinel and the Orange County Sheriff purged their records at Disney's behest and then claimed HyperionWharf would be great.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom