Disney Springs tenant watch

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I believe the steak house is currently under construction on Pleasure Island's upper level near where Comedy Warehouse used to stand.

It might be. Two restaurants have been announced so far, The Boat House and The Hanger, but we haven't been given any details. Steven Schussler's name is on the permits for The Boat House so it's assumed this is going to be a Landry's restaurant.

whiterhino42

Perfect themed fit. Edison seems MORE like the Hangar than the Hangar's likely imagining itself to be.

If anything, including the East side, I don't think we'd need a Boathouse and Fulton's Overpriced Crab House. This would be a good time to drop a few of the more upscale non-WestSide licenses.

Fultons is terrible & overpriced & our one time eating there had lousy service!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've been to the Gibson's in Rosemont many times. A fine steakhouse. I regularly attend a conference the week after Thanksgiving in the area and it's the highlight of the trip. Chicago in December isn't exactly a picnic, but at least I get a great meal:)

I agree, that Gibson's is excellent. Actually anyone who gets stranded at Ohare, Rosemont is a 10 minute taxi ride to that convention district and filled with top notch restaurants. There is even a shuttle that runs between Ohare and the beautiful indoor, high end outlet mall (just don't eat in the mall, ewe.)

I welcome Gibson's to DTD. I put it even with Schula's or even better.

Adam N

Sorry, I don't know where else to post this. Does anyone know if they're going to remove the HOB water tower since Disney Springs is getting its own?

WDWtraveler

See my post at "Disney Springs construction begins" thread for two new kiosks opening soon in courtyard in front of Fulton's Crab House. A gift shop and a cocktail/bar equipment shop.

Last edited:

The Disney Kid

Sorry, I don't know where else to post this. Does anyone know if they're going to remove the HOB water tower since Disney Springs is getting its own?

I would be surprised if it were removed. That's the HOB icon. Besides, many small towns have more than one water tower.

toolsnspools

Here's the front elevation -

Sanuk Storefront.JPG

flyakite

Hello everyone,

I noticed two bits of information today that may continue to suggest that STK and The Edison may be coming to Disney. The One Group who runs STK has information on their website that they are opening a restaurant in Orlando based on their restaurant map. Their third quarter reports states,
"On February 10, 2014, we entered into a lease agreement with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. with respect to the opening of an STK restaurant in Orlando, Florida, which is expected to open in 2015."

Regarding The Edison LA, their COO Barbara Jenkin's LinkedIn entry states:

"I have owned a special events production company for twenty years and I am COO of Kinetescape Inc. Our holdings include the Edison Los Angeles, the Edison Orlando, the Tunnels, Orlando, Clifton's, Kinetescape Couriosities."

I don't know if this is Disney Orlando but this is curious.

If the the Edison opens a satellite venue here, it looks pretty interesting considering the website and their accolades.

Mouse Detective

Regarding The Edison LA, their COO Barbara Jenkin's LinkedIn entry states:
"I have owned a special events production company for twenty years and I am COO of Kinetescape Inc. Our holdings include the Edison Los Angeles, the Edison Orlando, the Tunnels, Orlando, Clifton's, Kinetescape Couriosities."

Great information! Maybe "The Tunnels" refers to something that will be going into the underground area of Pleasure Island where the CM offices and CM lunch room used to be. The steak house would be on the upper level about where Comedy Warehouse used to be with the tunnels below.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom