Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

Big Phil

I've become vocal when I see someone not wearing a mask, not distancing, and close to me. And the words aren't Disney friendly.
You sound irrational and paranoid. And the saddest part is you didn't start thinking this way until the media scared you enough to think this way. You'd have thought I was crazy back in February if I told you to wear a mask everywhere you go.

Thankfully many others are doing theIr part to help others stay healthy. And as long as people like you are doing nothing to help slow the pandemic down we will all continue to live with the restrictions that we currently have.
I haven't social distanced from day one nor wore a mask. Had tons of family and friends over just like normal. Do you know how many people I have been around have gotten sick? Zero.

So that's my track record. Is it worth destroying the economy? (it's a rhetorical question)

Prince-1

Advertisement
Do you know how many people I have been around have gotten sick? Zero.
Oh and you know this how?? :rolleyes: (it's a rhetorical question)

Big Phil

You don't have a right to endanger others.
Why is it a problem what anyone else does? It isn't any of your business. If you are hunkering down in your basement and then wearing a mask whenever you dare see another human being and keeping 6 feet away from them then shouldn't you have nothing to worry about? Why do you care if other people aren't childishly afraid of life like you are? It isn't your concern. Every single person I've gotten together with during this pandemic did NOT think like you, they thought like me. They knew the risk and that was all there was to it.

mkt

Maleante Izquierdozo
Premium Member
You sound irrational and paranoid. And the saddest part is you didn't start thinking this way until the media scared you enough to think this way. You'd have thought I was crazy back in February if I told you to wear a mask everywhere you go.
You sound like you've never known me or spoken with me.

You might like this - I don't trust the media either. I trust science.

Big Phil

Oh and you know this how?? :rolleyes: (it's a rhetorical question)
Because I still see the same people, my family and friends. No one died, no one got sick, no one was paranoid. Most of my life it still feels like 2019. The only thing is the restrictions that are out of my control. But in my own personal life, no, we've taught our kids to act normal during this thing. You can't imagine the psychological damage this will do to children in their developing years.

lazyboy97o

Why is it a problem what anyone else does? It isn't any of your business. If you are hunkering down in your basement and then wearing a mask whenever you dare see another human being and keeping 6 feet away from them then shouldn't you have nothing to worry about? Why do you care if other people aren't childishly afraid of life like you are? It isn't your concern. Every single person I've gotten together with during this pandemic did NOT think like you, they thought like me. They knew the risk and that was all there was to it.
With every post you demonstrate that you not only do not understand the reasoning behind masks and social distancing but probably don't really understand how diseases are transmitted. I'm not afraid of what will happen to me. I'm not, to my knowledge, in any high risk group and seeing as I run six miles every day I'm thinking my pulmonary strength is pretty good. What I am not is a selfish jerk who thinks he is brave because has no qualms about potentially spreading a novel disease to others whom I know nothing about besides the fact that they most likely have their own friends and family who depend on them and love them dearly.

Big Phil

You sound like you've never known me or spoken with me.

You might like this - I don't trust the media either. I trust science.
So when why are you listening to doctors' advice that has been drastically inaccurate over and over during this whole thing? I don't know what it would take for Dr. Fauci to get fired, but apparently it takes a lot.

I trust science too. Not to mention our natural resources like the sun and the fresh air. Don't wear a mask for 8 hours a day, it is very bad for you. That's science. But you obviously listen to politicians and the media if you are paranoid the way you are. 4 months ago did you even pay attention to someone who was standing in line behind you at the grocery store? Of course you didn't. It was the media that made you fearful of that. Me personally, I don't care, if I've survived doing things the way I've done up until now then I am not worried.

NelleBelle

I bet there is some psychological damage to kids. Especially to the ones who’ve lost one or both of their parents in this!

Big Phil

With every post you demonstrate that you not only do not understand the reasoning behind masks and social distancing but probably don't really understand how diseases are transmitted. I'm not afraid of what will happen to me. I'm not, to my knowledge, in any high risk group and seeing as I run six miles every day I'm thinking my pulmonary strength is pretty good. What I am not is a selfish jerk who thinks he is brave because has no qualms about potentially spreading a novel disease to others whom I know nothing about besides the fact that they most likely have their own friends and family who depend on them and love them dearly.
You are parroting media talking points. You act as if wearing a mask makes you look noble. It makes you look nuts. You'd have agreed with this as early as February with me, maybe even later. You can't just be afraid to "infect" someone for the rest of your life, because you have been at risk of infecting someone your whole life. Actually, I'll let you in on something, we've all killed someone. You've had a cold or the flu that you inadvertently passed on to someone, and even if it went 5,000 people down the line to a 94 year old man on death's door, it still was the icing on the cake for him. So you've already done it, and never thought twice about it until you were told you were a "selfish jerk" if you didn't.

Talk to people 70+. You would be surprised at the percentage of them that think this thing is nuts. There are more of them that are relaxed than 20 year olds.

Prince-1

So when why are you listening to doctors' advice that has been drastically inaccurate over and over during this whole thing? I don't know what it would take for Dr. Fauci to get fired, but apparently it takes a lot.

I trust science too. Not to mention our natural resources like the sun and the fresh air. Don't wear a mask for 8 hours a day, it is very bad for you. That's science. But you obviously listen to politicians and the media if you are paranoid the way you are. 4 months ago did you even pay attention to someone who was standing in line behind you at the grocery store? Of course you didn't. It was the media that made you fearful of that. Me personally, I don't care, if I've survived doing things the way I've done up until now then I am not worried.
A doctor you ain't. :rolleyes:

Big Phil

I bet there is some psychological damage to kids. Especially to the ones who’ve lost one or both of their parents in this!
You know a 10 year old child who has lost both of his parents to Covid-19? These would be parents that are in their 30s or possibly 40.

Do tell.

Big Phil

A doctor you ain't. :rolleyes:
Perhaps not, but I don't listen to a supposed doctor who has been wrong on every prediction he has made. Enough is enough. We all work hard and we all deserve to live our lives the way we choose. That's freedom, and that is not a fringe opinion. You can choose to stay home, you know?

mkt

Maleante Izquierdozo
Premium Member

I'm not talking about Fauci - although he's one of the smarter people dealing with this. I've been speaking with my actual primacy care physician, whose specialty is infectious diseases, about this.

Now for four months ago - this was February, and I told people four months ago to back up when they got too close. Also, four months ago was when my wife and I began to work remotely from home and started having our groceries and most items delivered to our house because of us trying to avoid other people.

Now, if you want to accuse me of being a pawn of the media, knock yourself out. But if you want to ***** and moan about the media and politics, there's a dedicated board for that.

Last edited:

Prince-1

Perhaps not, but I don't listen to a supposed doctor who has been wrong on every prediction he has made. Enough is enough. We all work hard and we all deserve to live our lives the way we choose. That's freedom, and that is not a fringe opinion. You can choose to stay home, you know?
Well he really hasn't been wrong that much but hey it's easier to just make things up like you are doing.

lazyboy97o

Just because you don't understand doesn't mean someone else was wrong.

Do please provide some research on your science. Or even an explanation as to why healthcare providers already for years required persons with cold or flu-like symptoms to wear a "very bad" mask. I was with someone in the hospital recently who had to wear a mask and their blood oxygen did drop down to 99% at one point!

lazyboy97o

You are parroting media talking points. You act as if wearing a mask makes you look noble. It makes you look nuts. You'd have agreed with this as early as February with me, maybe even later. You can't just be afraid to "infect" someone for the rest of your life, because you have been at risk of infecting someone your whole life. Actually, I'll let you in on something, we've all killed someone. You've had a cold or the flu that you inadvertently passed on to someone, and even if it went 5,000 people down the line to a 94 year old man on death's door, it still was the icing on the cake for him. So you've already done it, and never thought twice about it until you were told you were a "selfish jerk" if you didn't.

Talk to people 70+. You would be surprised at the percentage of them that think this thing is nuts. There are more of them that are relaxed than 20 year olds.
I wear a mask when I have cold or flu like symptoms and have done so for years because it is not a new idea. I also self isolate when I have the flu as has also long been recommended to again, avoid spreading it. I am not unaware that I have likely spread diseases to others but I am not under the delusion that I am somehow boldly courageous by being cavalier and not taking easy steps to mitigate spread.

Prince-1

Just because you don't understand doesn't mean someone else was wrong.

Do please provide some research on your science. Or even an explanation as to why healthcare providers already for years required persons with cold or flu-like symptoms to wear a "very bad" mask. I was with someone in the hospital recently who had to wear a mask and their blood oxygen did drop down to 99% at one point!
I know you are asking rhetorical questions as he can't/won't be able to answer them. Again, people like him are the reason why we are seeing massive spikes in CV which is causing people to have to continue to wear masks, socially distance themselves, and have things close up again. You know, all the things he is against. :rolleyes:

Rescue Ranger

I'm happy to wear a mask in crowds such as the parks. Just purchased some masks. However, if someone has a mask with them but is not wearing it, but still distanced, I have no issue. Why snap at someone else if they're not in your personal space?

More so, if you/someone else is that paranoid about the virus...and you have every right to be if that is how you feel, WHY are you going out to begin with? Why put yourself in those situations? Stay home and only leave for your direct essential needs.

Once the parks open, guests will definitely be taking masks off in instances where they are extetremly hot, taking a drink, getting off a ride, adjusting them, drying them off after getting wet, taking photos, etc. I think that is all fine but I'm also expecting those vocal out there with their strong opinions will snap at other parks guests over it.

gdrj

I didn’t read the 19 pages but did skim.
1-If you dont feel safe, dont go.
2-Photos of people sitting and not near anyone taking their masks off is not a life threatening concern.
3-I do wear a mask when on stores and in crowded areas.
4-Someone taking a mask off while social distancing is not put you in any greater danger than being in a store much closer to people.

Yes I understand its the rule to keep a mask on, and when I visit in Aug I will wear a mask. By the way being vocal and raising your voice put those near you in danger of being effective

Mr Ferret 88

instagram mrferret888
Premium Member
Wow 😳
I wish we had of had Dr Phil leading our fight against the lie that is the Corona virus , then my country may not be in the state it's in 😞

Excuse me while I pop off down to the pub for a pint and catch up with my friends. After having a haircut and booking in with my tattoo artist. It sucks to be in a country with ZERO cases and no restrictions on what we can do and whom we can see. Guess our director of public health (a world class virologist) may have actually known a thing or two 🤔 . That and the fact we all pulled together in following lockdown and social distancing protocols.

Top Bottom