Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The whole discussion makes no sense. When you buy a ticket to enter a Disney park, you're rights and responsibilities are written out in the fine print. (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/). If you have an issue with them then don't go. It's private property. Florida is a concealed carry state. Does that mean Disney is violating my constitutional rights by denying my ability to carry a gun into the park? No. If they require you to wear a mask and you don't, do they have the right to deny your access to the park? Yes. No shirt, no shoes, no service.
That's not what we're discussing.

Disney can set and enforce the rules for their property. Nobody is disputing that. We're talking about some random lady (not Disney) trying to enforce her own personal rules on random strangers. And it seems like she's doing it everywhere she goes, not at Disney Springs or any Disney location at all.

HongKongFooy

The whole discussion makes no sense. When you buy a ticket to enter a Disney park,

I think there is some confusion around here and I didn't exactly help it earlier. There is public property and then there is private property/private enterprise.

I'm saying I will not give up my rights in public to appease those uptight.

As a private creature Disney has every right to require masks and anything else it wants as long as it isn't discriminatory and incongruent with ADA or in breach of laws.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think there is some confusion around here and I didn't exactly help it earlier. There is public property and then there is private property/private enterprise.

I'm saying I will not give up my rights in public to appease those uptight.

As a private creature Disney has every right to require masks and anything else it wants as long as it isn't discriminatory and incongruent with ADA or in breach of laws.
Right. The post that kicked this thing off was not talking about following Disney rules on Disney property, it was someone implying that they tell people what to do everywhere.

Jon81uk

Disney can set and enforce the rules for their property. Nobody is disputing that. We're talking about some random lady (not Disney) trying to enforce her own personal rules on random strangers. And it seems like she's doing it everywhere she goes, not at Disney Springs or any Disney location at all.

But as Disney have a rule of no shirt, no service, someone can therefore shout at you "oi, you should be wearing a shirt", same as if they have a mask they can say "step back from me please, you should be wearing a mask".

Chi84

Premium Member
The Bill of Rights does not grant rights.

Nature (or God, if you prefer) grants rights. The Bill of Rights is an imperfect attempt made by flawed men to write some of them down. It is not intended to be comprehensive.
Actually, the Bill of Rights is an imperfect attempt by flawed men to limit the powers of the federal government (extended to state governments through the 14th amendment) where those natural rights are concerned. "Congress shall make no law *** abridging the freedom of speech ***." (First Amendment). The Constitution doesn't give you rights vis a vis Disney unless it is acting as an arm of the government. I thought this was all settled in the security room check threads.

However, your refusal to vacation at Disney is your right, and that is something that Disney will eventually have to confront. A vacation where people are sweltering in masks and being subjected to "reminders" from other guests and unpleasant confrontations from people who feel threatened by lack of rule enforcement is not a pleasant experience. Right now, Disney needs to limit capacity and, given how the virus is spreading, most people understand the reason for the masks and are willing to comply. But I missed one vacation and will probably skip the two I have planned if the mask requirement is still in place, and I'm not the only one. This is not an indictment of Disney or a statement that masks are not effective - it's just my personal decision on how to spend my vacation dollars. In all honesty, if I believed I was at significant risk of catching the virus from a person passing me who was not wearing a mask, I would probably not go to a theme park regardless of the mask situation. The current information from the CDC is that the virus is primarily spread from prolonged indoor contact with an infected person. It will be interesting to see how long the mask requirement lasts, at least outside.

Please, nobody take this as an invitation to post for the 100,000th time that "Disney is private property, makes the rules and if you don't want to wear a mask don't go to Disney." I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now, and I haven't seen any posts disputing those statements.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
But as Disney have a rule of no shirt, no service, someone can therefore shout at you "oi, you should be wearing a shirt", same as if they have a mask they can say "step back from me please, you should be wearing a mask".
Again, that's not what we're discussing. We're talking about (to continue your analogy) someone saying "you should be wearing a shirt" in places where the is no such rule to begin with.

Also, just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. Disney has a rule against strollers of a certain size, but if you walk around Epcot with a measuring tape, scolding people whose strollers are a quarter inch too big, that makes you an .

Actually, the Bill of Rights is an imperfect attempt by flawed men to limit the powers of the federal government (extended to state governments through the 14th amendment) where those natural rights are concerned. "Congress shall make no law *** abridging the freedom of speech ***." (First Amendment). The Constitution doesn't give you rights vis a vis Disney unless it is acting as an arm of the government. I thought this was all settled in the security room check threads.

However, your refusal to vacation at Disney is your right, and that is something that Disney will eventually have to confront. A vacation where people are sweltering in masks and being subjected to "reminders" from other guests and unpleasant confrontations from people who feel threatened by lack of rule enforcement is not a pleasant experience. Right now, Disney needs to limit capacity and, given how the virus is spreading, most people understand the reason for the masks and are willing to comply. But I missed one vacation and will probably skip the two I have planned if the mask requirement is still in place, and I'm not the only one. This is not an indictment of Disney or a statement that masks are not effective - it's just my personal decision on how to spend my vacation dollars. In all honesty, if I believed I was at significant risk of catching the virus from a person passing me who was not wearing a mask, I would probably not go to a theme park regardless of the mask situation. The current information from the CDC is that the virus is primarily spread from prolonged indoor contact with an infected person. It will be interesting to see how long the mask requirement lasts, at least outside.

Please, nobody take this as an invitation to post for the 100,000th time that "Disney is private property, makes the rules and if you don't want to wear a mask don't go to Disney." I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now, and I haven't seen any posts disputing those statements.
Nice strawman. I understand that, in past threads, people had made false claims saying "Disney can't tell me what to do because of the Constitution" or some BS like that. That's NOT what is being discussed here.

We're talking about a lady who walks around telling strangers what to do EVERYWHERE SHE GOES.

We're not talking about Disney telling you what to do at Disney. We're not talking about a random stranger telling you what to do when you're AT Disney. We're talking about a random stranger telling you what to do, even when you're in a place that doesn't have any rules in place on the subject whatsoever.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
466tnf.jpg

Chi84

Premium Member
Again, that's not what we're discussing. We're talking about (to continue your analogy) someone saying "you should be wearing a shirt" in places where the is no such rule to begin with.

Also, just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. Disney has a rule against strollers of a certain size, but if you walk around Epcot with a measuring tape, scolding people whose strollers are a quarter inch too big, that makes you an *******.

Nice strawman. I understand that, in past threads, people had made false claims saying "Disney can't tell me what to do because of the Constitution" or some BS like that. That's NOT what is being discussed here.

We're talking about a lady who walks around telling strangers what to do EVERYWHERE SHE GOES.

We're not talking about Disney telling you what to do at Disney. We're not talking about a random stranger telling you what to do when you're AT Disney. We're talking about a random stranger telling you what to do, even when you're in a place that doesn't have any rules in place on the subject whatsoever.
I was actually supporting what you said - must have been something in the tone. This has nothing to do with the Constitution and things tend to go quickly downhill when it's brought up. Most people are uncomfortable being told what to do by other guests or even by witnessing those confrontations. It's not something I want to experience on a very expensive vacation to the most magical place on Earth.

Last edited:

SpoiledBlueMilk

You can't stop the Karens of the world from being Karens, but the world would be a nicer place if people just followed the broad strokes of the non aggression principle. Wearing a mask reduces the chance of someone who has COVID-19 passing it on to others knowingly or otherwise. Not taking steps to mitigate transmission does potential harm to me, so I would hope people would have the courtesy to wear a mask. Same goes for me - I will take the step to wear a mask to mitigate my chances of doing harm to someone else.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You can't stop the Karens of the world from being Karens, but the world would be a nicer place if people just followed the broad strokes of the non aggression principle. Wearing a mask reduces the chance of someone who has COVID-19 passing it on to others knowingly or otherwise. Not taking steps to mitigate transmission does potential harm to me, so I would hope people would have the courtesy to wear a mask. Same goes for me - I will take the step to wear a mask to mitigate my chances of doing harm to someone else.
You can't violate the NAP through inaction.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
You lack ethical standing when you expect others to give up their rights.

I won't do for you, sorry.

You lack ethical standing when you refuse to take common sense precautions during a pandemic in a country that has no universal healthcare, in a state where hospitals have begun to run low on ICU beds and unemployment protection in the event of illness doesn't exist.

But sure, don't wear your mask. If you get me sick and I miss work, will you also pay my bills?

Walt Disney1955

I've become vocal when I see someone not wearing a mask, not distancing, and close to me. And the words aren't Disney friendly.

You sound irrational and paranoid. And the saddest part is you didn't start thinking this way until the media scared you enough to think this way. You'd have thought I was crazy back in February if I told you to wear a mask everywhere you go.

Thankfully many others are doing theIr part to help others stay healthy. And as long as people like you are doing nothing to help slow the pandemic down we will all continue to live with the restrictions that we currently have.

I haven't social distanced from day one nor wore a mask. Had tons of family and friends over just like normal. Do you know how many people I have been around have gotten sick? Zero.

So that's my track record. Is it worth destroying the economy? (it's a rhetorical question)

Walt Disney1955

You don't have a right to endanger others.

Why is it a problem what anyone else does? It isn't any of your business. If you are hunkering down in your basement and then wearing a mask whenever you dare see another human being and keeping 6 feet away from them then shouldn't you have nothing to worry about? Why do you care if other people aren't childishly afraid of life like you are? It isn't your concern. Every single person I've gotten together with during this pandemic did NOT think like you, they thought like me. They knew the risk and that was all there was to it.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
You sound irrational and paranoid. And the saddest part is you didn't start thinking this way until the media scared you enough to think this way. You'd have thought I was crazy back in February if I told you to wear a mask everywhere you go.

You sound like you've never known me or spoken with me.

You might like this - I don't trust the media either. I trust science.

Walt Disney1955

Oh and you know this how?? :rolleyes: (it's a rhetorical question)

Because I still see the same people, my family and friends. No one died, no one got sick, no one was paranoid. Most of my life it still feels like 2019. The only thing is the restrictions that are out of my control. But in my own personal life, no, we've taught our kids to act normal during this thing. You can't imagine the psychological damage this will do to children in their developing years.

lazyboy97o

Why is it a problem what anyone else does? It isn't any of your business. If you are hunkering down in your basement and then wearing a mask whenever you dare see another human being and keeping 6 feet away from them then shouldn't you have nothing to worry about? Why do you care if other people aren't childishly afraid of life like you are? It isn't your concern. Every single person I've gotten together with during this pandemic did NOT think like you, they thought like me. They knew the risk and that was all there was to it.
With every post you demonstrate that you not only do not understand the reasoning behind masks and social distancing but probably don't really understand how diseases are transmitted. I'm not afraid of what will happen to me. I'm not, to my knowledge, in any high risk group and seeing as I run six miles every day I'm thinking my pulmonary strength is pretty good. What I am not is a selfish jerk who thinks he is brave because has no qualms about potentially spreading a novel disease to others whom I know nothing about besides the fact that they most likely have their own friends and family who depend on them and love them dearly.

Walt Disney1955

You sound like you've never known me or spoken with me.

You might like this - I don't trust the media either. I trust science.

So when why are you listening to doctors' advice that has been drastically inaccurate over and over during this whole thing? I don't know what it would take for Dr. Fauci to get fired, but apparently it takes a lot.

I trust science too. Not to mention our natural resources like the sun and the fresh air. Don't wear a mask for 8 hours a day, it is very bad for you. That's science. But you obviously listen to politicians and the media if you are paranoid the way you are. 4 months ago did you even pay attention to someone who was standing in line behind you at the grocery store? Of course you didn't. It was the media that made you fearful of that. Me personally, I don't care, if I've survived doing things the way I've done up until now then I am not worried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom