Disney Springs development to bring massive expansion to Buena Vista Drive

Mike730

I wonder when they plan on starting this. I haven't seen any premits yet for this, and it wasn't shown in the original Disney Springs permit filed with the South Florida Water Management District.
Maybe they're waiting for all the roadwork on Buenavista drive to be completed first?
I don't know how long that kind of thing generally takes, but I can't see that it would be the kind of thing you can build slowly. It'll have dramatic impacts on the traffic below, so maybe (wishful thinking) theres no permit because when it's built it will be done quickly. And, it seems like they've flip flopped about whether or not it would happen, so maybe they haven't yet gotten it fully submitted and approved by the powers that be.

I guess now you know to keep a keen eye out for it.

jt04

The bus lanes are visible here....
Though this only looks like 8 lanes...
iAZJh3AfciA3P.png

That is perfect.

maxairmike

I wonder when they plan on starting this. I haven't seen any premits yet for this, and it wasn't shown in the original Disney Springs permit filed with the South Florida Water Management District.

As am I. I would think the lane widening project would need to be completed at least down to the T-Rex entrance for this ramp/intersection project to be completed. How long did they say the lane widening project would be?

Mike730

I'm so glad someone finally posted this. It's in the current Eyes and Ears and I was itching to talk about it.

Things that catch my eye:
I thought the were to be 10 lanes, I only see 8.
There looks to be a sizable pedestrian bridge further down the road that crosses at the TDO building. That's probably for cast parking.
Theres a fourth lane on the east/northbound side but it is clearly fed from somewhere.
There are entering AND exiting cars on the flyover garage entrance, contrary to earlier thoughts that it would be only an entrance. I'm thinking that the fourth lane on Buena Vista Drive is fed by a ramp for cars exiting the garage. They can then return to I4 North down by The Crossroads.
I see a ramp directly in front of the garage, between it and Buena Vista Drive. This might be the fourth lane on the west/southbound side and looks like it might spiral up into the garage as well, directly across from the I4 entrance.

Last edited:

Mike730

My best guess based on the artwork... Don't mind the MS paint look...
Steve, you seemed to have a good idea of whats happening with the lane expansion. Any chance you could elaborate a bit? @wdwmagic
EDIT(image deleted because it was wrong)

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe they're waiting for all the roadwork on Buenavista drive to be completed first?
I don't know how long that kind of thing generally takes, but I can't see that it would be the kind of thing you can build slowly. It'll have dramatic impacts on the traffic below, so maybe (wishful thinking) theres no permit because when it's built it will be done quickly. And, it seems like they've flip flopped about whether or not it would happen, so maybe they haven't yet gotten it fully submitted and approved by the powers that be.

I guess now you know to keep a keen eye out for it.

If it's built exactly as shown, then the construction may have minimal impact on the road below. Normally you would expect to see support columns in the median which would be disruptive to build, but the drawing doesn't show this. So the majority of the work would be done on either side of the road and they would just have to do overnight lane closures to crane in the steel.

jt04

My best guess based on the artwork... Don't mind the MS paint look...
Steve, you seemed to have a good idea of whats happening with the lane expansion. Any chance you could elaborate a bit? @wdwmagic
onramp.png

Pure Speculation
Gosh I need another hobby.

This is how I picture it too except possibly the entance ramp on the north corner (next to the bowling alley) and the exit where you have it.

Mike730

This is how I picture it too except possibly the entance ramp on the north corner (next to the bowling alley) and the exit where you have it.
I see now that there is only an entrance visible on the garage. The road I've labeled "exit" is actually just the road ramping up in front of the garage, on the BV Drive side.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I stumbled across some recent aerial pictures of the DTD area that show major excavation going on in the area I have highlighted in yellow bellow. I wonder if this is the rumors new ramp? Unfortunately this pictures are on a site we cannot link to from here.

dtd.jpg

Mike730

I stumbled across some recent aerial pictures of the DTD area that show major excavation going on in the area I have highlighted in yellow bellow. I wonder if this is the rumors new ramp? Unfortunately this pictures are on a site we cannot link to from here.

View attachment 56846

The site who must not be named has posted aerials of this area. This is one huge retention pond. And they've incorrectly described it as "roadwork". :hilarious:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The site who must not be named has posted aerials of this area. This is one huge retention pond. And they've incorrectly described it as "roadwork". :hilarious:

I posted a comment correcting them. Here is the map from the permit showing the area where the work is happening. The pictures are of the area labeled Pond BT2.

DisneySprings.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom