Disney Springs construction begins

Wikkler

Although a World of Coca-Cola, similar to the Las Vegas location, would be very nice!
Not nearly enough selection as the ones in Atlanta or Vegas, but next time you go to Epcot, go in here:
Club-Cool-Epcot.jpg

Jon81uk

Not nearly enough selection as the ones in Atlanta or Vegas, but next time you go to Epcot, go in here:
Club-Cool-Epcot.jpg

Oh I've been to Club Cool (and Ice Station Cool before that) I bought a Sprite t-shirt on the trip before last. Although they have the international soda for free, there isn't the same amount of merchandise for sale compared to the Vegas World of Coke.

nelsonj3

Disneyhead'71

The big trees they saved are starting to look a little sickly. I really hope they pull through because I think it's awesome they tried to save them.

The rest is coming along nicely. I can't wait for PH to start its transformation. That thing is a big eyesore now.
It's Fall. The trees are fine.

flyerjab

Don't know where else to place this info so I will drop it here. I was listening to the dis unplugged's most recent podcast. In it they talked about a recent tour that they went on with their travel agents through Disney Springs. The manager that they were touring with was telling them the back story about the springs and how it evolved over time into these distinct sections. The one part I had not heard before was related to the Planet Hollywood location. They were told that this area of Disney Springs was going to be where a World's Fair was once held, and that it would contain some type of overall theme that speaks to that concept. They were also told that as of now, Disney Springs is completed booked from a tenant perspective and that it is now a matter of completing the construction.

Rteetz

Don't know where else to place this info so I will drop it here. I was listening to the dis unplugged's most recent podcast. In it they talked about a recent tour that they went on with their travel agents through Disney Springs. The manager that they were touring with was telling them the back story about the springs and how it evolved over time into these distinct sections. The one part I had not heard before was related to the Planet Hollywood location. They were told that this area of Disney Springs was going to be where a World's Fair was once held, and that it would contain some type of overall theme that speaks to that concept. They were also told that as of now, Disney Springs is completed booked from a tenant perspective and that it is now a matter of completing the construction.
Yep listened to that as well. Interested to see what the rest of that "worlds fair" area looks like.

toeknee

Many of us use our own (or those created by others) strategies to make the most of getting the most enjoyment of the parks (best day/time to visit, advantages of day vs night, where to park your car, or if Disney transportation is better, the best ADRs, crowd avoidance by doing things in a certain order, etc.). In walking through DS last week I started to wonder if the same is now becoming needed for DS. The crowds continue to get larger – regardless of the time of year. Years ago, a visit Downtown Disney was a spur of the moment thing for me. The last 2 years have proven otherwise – needing extra time for finding parking – struggling to get through WOD or Legoland as examples.

cspencer96

Many of us use our own (or those created by others) strategies to make the most of getting the most enjoyment of the parks (best day/time to visit, advantages of day vs night, where to park your car, or if Disney transportation is better, the best ADRs, crowd avoidance by doing things in a certain order, etc.). In walking through DS last week I started to wonder if the same is now becoming needed for DS. The crowds continue to get larger – regardless of the time of year. Years ago, a visit Downtown Disney was a spur of the moment thing for me. The last 2 years have proven otherwise – needing extra time for finding parking – struggling to get through WOD or Legoland as examples.
The intent of this project is to fix these issues, spread people out. With the huge scale of the expansion, and new foot traffic patterns being developed, I don't think having a touring plan for Disney Springs will be necessary. But hey, @lentesta may think otherwise...;)

lentesta

Premium Member
The intent of this project is to fix these issues, spread people out. With the huge scale of the expansion, and new foot traffic patterns being developed, I don't think having a touring plan for Disney Springs will be necessary. But hey, @lentesta may think otherwise...;)

Ha! There are times when I think that Fastpass+ for stores might not be a terrible idea. Even past midnight last weekend, there were more people around than I expected.

Jon81uk

Ha! There are times when I think that Fastpass+ for stores might not be a terrible idea. Even past midnight last weekend, there were more people around than I expected.

Well Universal did build standby lines for Diadon Alley stores!
(And is now convertting some to stores as they aren't needed)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom