Disney Springs construction begins

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Jan 10. Other areas of Disney Springs construction. (See Town Center construction thread for Town Center photos.)

The brick building (Coca-Cola) between the Orange parking garage and Planet Hollywood.

IMG_7151.JPG

IMG_7185.JPG

Based on the structure of the roof, I assume there will be some sort of roof top viewing area here.

IMG_7182.JPG

A close up of the front of the building shows a painted sign on the front façade: "In Bottles."

IMG_7184.JPG

At the Marketplace causeway, two areas at either end of the bridge have been "walled off" with the pavement already removed.

IMG_7171.JPG

This is behind the construction wall on the bridge area near the Rainforest Café.

IMG_7169.JPG

An update photo at the new Disney bus transportation area.

IMG_7150.JPG

After the holidays, the main passage leading to Disney Springs from the Orange parking garage was "widened" when the right side construction wall was moved back revealing a mirror image of planters and benches.

IMG_7154.JPG

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Thanks for the update!

The "In Bottles" is odd. Is that the Coke building? If so then maybe they are going to be placing large coke bottles (maybe a different bottle from different countries on the outside of the building?

Jon81uk

Thanks for the update!

The "In Bottles" is odd. Is that the Coke building? If so then maybe they are going to be placing large coke bottles (maybe a different bottle from different countries on the outside of the building?

My guess, as Morimoto is an old Springs bottling plant, the brick part of the Coke building could be an old Coke sales place or bottler that they have added a glass facade to the original brick building.

hpyhnt 1000

I can't wait too see the finished Coke building, is such an interesting structure.

Same here. I am inclined to agree with @Jon81uk that this thing could a sort of "factory tour" where you see Coca-Cola being produced. That's definitely some kind of ramp/walkway going around the brick facade. No idea how a roof top viewing area fits into that (apart from just being an interesting feature of the building).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Same here. I am inclined to agree with @Jon81uk that this thing could a sort of "factory tour" where you see Coca-Cola being produced. That's definitely some kind of ramp/walkway going around the brick facade. No idea how a roof top viewing area fits into that (apart from just being an interesting feature of the building).

Maybe there will be some sort of café up there with an outside seating area.

cspencer96

you mean like the preshow for the WoC in Atlanta?
The process for entering the World of Coca-Cola is just wonderful. Waiting in the lounge, moving to the hall with marketing materials and memorabilia through the ages, then viewing the quirky films and walking through the screen into the actual museum. I always love going by there.

HauntedMansionFLA

Photo update as of Sunday, Jan 10. Other areas of Disney Springs construction. (See Town Center construction thread for Town Center photos.)

The brick building (Coca-Cola) between the Orange parking garage and Planet Hollywood.

View attachment 125870

View attachment 125863

Based on the structure of the roof, I assume there will be some sort of roof top viewing area here.

View attachment 125864

A close up of the front of the building shows a painted sign on the front façade: "In Bottles."

View attachment 125865

At the Marketplace causeway, two areas at either end of the bridge have been "walled off" with the pavement already removed.

View attachment 125866

This is behind the construction wall on the bridge area near the Rainforest Café.

View attachment 125867

An update photo at the new Disney bus transportation area.

View attachment 125868

After the holidays, the main passage leading to Disney Springs from the Orange parking garage was "widened" when the right side construction wall was moved back revealing a mirror image of planters and benches.

View attachment 125869
Great pictures as usual - thank you! Question - was Disney Springs decorated with Christmas decor? That area could really look sharp if done the right way. Keep it very classy / upscale look.

djkidkaz

I just wanted to add that I think Disney Springs ties in very nicely now with Saratoga Springs Resort. Being able to just walk right over is great and I believe there is boat transportation still. Also, just being able to look across the water at Disney Springs looks much more appealing than all the night clubs, IMO.

Jon81uk

I'm beginning to think that the glass building structure might be old concept art. It looks more like an old warehouse than an Apple Store now.

The glass is going on top. Look at the white supports sticking out of the brick facide, the glass will be attached to the supports in front of the brick.

I think the "theme" is that it was a warehouse building and then Coke encased it in glass and turned it into a store.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom