Disney Springs construction begins

roj2323

I stopped by disney springs today.

A couple of items

The Downtown disney sign over entrance 1 is gone. They cut it off at the ground with a torch.

They seem to have started cutting the grass back away from Buena Vista Road around 18 inches and have replaced it with mulch. This was done on the Disney springs side and it looks like they started doing it on the casting side of the road in some areas. They also seem to be doing this down more towards DHS (Epcot center Dr). I have to imagine it has something to do with making it easier on the mowing crews.

The parking garage is going up Fast! Or at least one section of it anyway.

The area by the Boathouse is being prepped to be opened up to guests. (looks like it's just going to be a bypass around for more construction though.) The gate that was previously between Cookes of Dublin and Portobello is gone and Construction walls have been installed around Raglan Road. You can see the start of the install from a few weeks ago: youtube video. The walls are now presumably complete as it was fairly evident that was probably the case walking past both ends.

Additionally a few cinderblock walls have sprung up next to mannequins and they are fairly tall. I'd say a story and a half at least. I unfortunately didn't get a good look for further details.

The causeway bridge is moving along quickly and the entire lego store side as well as the center pivot have concrete caps now. Heres a link to some photos from a few days ago: LINK

That's all for now. Hopefully next time I'll remember my camera.

Kman101

A picture of the garage from 5/1, from DisneyGeek's website:
IMG_2255.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Satellite imagery on Wikimapia, Google Maps, etc. has been updated fairly recently. You can see the garage location clearly and the amount of demolition that has taken place on PI.
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.370374&lon=-81.518624&z=17&m=b

There's also this clearing north of Typhoon lagoon that I don't recognize...
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.367339&lon=-81.527095&z=17&m=b

The clearing north of Typhoon Lagoon is for a construction yard to support Disney Springs.

Beholder

I'm actually looking forward to seeing DSprings when it's complete. We've spent many evenings (and $$$) at DTD, and it was getting a little past it's due date. I appreciate these updates and it really keeps me interested. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom