News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

wdwfan22

First photo is a black man wearing a black mask.

Next two photos are guests with drinks in hand.

Last photo are people who may or may not have food or beverage.

The point is people are walking around with drinks so they don't have to wear a mask. There are other pics out there showing this as well. Haven't seen it yet for myself as I didn't visit today but i'll be there this weekend so I will get a peak first hand.

SoFloMagic

I stopped by for an hour or so today. It was great. It felt like they were doing enough for it to be safe (especially because most things are outside). It felt like a "new normal" I can get behind. I haven't really been anywhere other than a grocery store in months, so this was really nice. I came within 6 feet of someone once - and that was outside and both were wearing masks. This seems like a rational step to take and I'm happy that some of the cast can get back to work.

Stevek

Im just thrown by the women in mickey ears. I see no purpose. I know people are coming in and out because the hotels have guests (not Disney). And I'm not surprised at locals, traffic is right back where it was 3 months ago. I prefered required quarantine.
That's not surprising at all. There are plenty of Disney regulars/fans that will be likely wearing their Mickey ears while visiting. For them, it's probably as close as they'll get to the parks for a while so they'll Disney it up while at the Springs.

ImperfectPixie

I sincerely hope they had an air dropping copter fly over and put the fire out. Who the heck are these nut jobs that decide to just grill in a shopping center.
Likely the same type of people who put a hibachi on a wooden table in a park to grill their food and burn a giant hole in the table.

Stevek

Likely the same type of people who put a hibachi on a wooden table in a park to grill their food and burn a giant hole in the table.

But at least it's a park. I've read that this family might have been Jewish and didn't have any kosher options. Still does not justify bringing your own grill in...and actually using it. :banghead:

natatomic

First photo is a black man wearing a black mask.

Next two photos are guests with drinks in hand.

Last photo are people who may or may not have food or beverage.

Yes, but none are actively eating or drinking, and you’re supposed to put your mask back on in between bites. The one guy was talking on his phone, not drinking. All his covid particles are flying freely out of his mouth.

to be fair, I don’t blame anyone for wanting to take their mask off in this weather. But...that totally defeats the purpose of the mask.

wishiwere@wdw

Nothing near Rainforest was open, so very little traffic over there. Makes sense to open trex which will have more guests walk by and decide to visit.
I agree as nothing was open just yet by Rainforest. We actually went to T-Rex tonight and it seemed they were short-staffed as it was. We were extremely patient with our server as he was obviously covering a large area but hopefully they stabilize soon. For what it’s worth we were seated in maybe 10 minutes at 5:45 and when we left around 7:30 there was a decent line and a 30 minute wait. The crowds were surprising and far surpassed CityWalk IMO.

djkidkaz

Went to DS today around noon for a little more than an hour. Parking was no issue and the temperature checks were done very quickly by representatives from Advent Health. There was no wait, just walk up, they point the thermometer at your forehead and off you go. Very quick and easy.

Every person I saw was wearing a mask but people are removing them to take a breather. It wasn’t even in the 90’s yet while I was there and it was very uncomfortable very quickly waking around florida weather in a mask outside. If you’ve gone in to a Target or Walmart or somewhere indoors with air conditioning and walked around for 45 minutes with a mask getting groceries you know it becomes annoying / uncomfortable.

There was not very many people around compared to what you would usually see. This part of it was actually quite pleasant. The only lines I saw were Chicken Guy and Blaze Pizza. But even these looked worse than they were because you have to remember they are spreading people out by 6ft, which makes the line appear that much longer. The wait was not bad at all and moved very fast.

Overall my experience was very good and will be made better once the Disney owned locations open up next week. My one issue and I think it’s a big one is the masks in the Florida weather. I was there for a little more than an hour and I was having to push myself to leave the mask on. I can’t imagine getting to TTC, taking a tram, then a boat, going through security and then spending the day walking around MK with a mask in July and August with a 110 heat index with humidity.

disney4life2008

Wow people taking pictures with Josh. I bet 99 percent had no idea who he is lol.

Cooking on an open flame. Its Disney, people feel entitled and no one was wearing masks. What's surprising?

Will never understand the draw to Disney Springs when there is absolutely nothing to do especially for locals. You are better off going to Popeyes, cheesecake factory, Chili's, red lobster where the food is better and 90 percent cheaper.

Scrooged

There's no way mask will work being mandated, and they're not show to be significantly effective. If an individual chooses to make the choice to use them more power to them.
Theres also no way that wearing shoes can be "mandated" but you can be refused entry to a place of business if they require you to wear them. Same goes here. Trust me, that's liability that Disney doesn't want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom