News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

Just4Pics

Constantly touching your face while pulling the mask up and down between bites is pretty much the opposite of the protocol for effectively using a mask to prevent transmitting the virus to others. If a person is asymptomatic (not coughing) and repeatedly touching the mask and then touching other surfaces without first washing their hands, the mask probably is doing very little good. Without getting into the debate about the masks are worthwhile or not, it's disturbing that the conversation has changed from stopping the spread of the virus to being all about wearing face masks. It's not surprising, because it's the most visible measure, but from reading these threads it seems people may be thinking that masks, and often incorrectly worn masks, are more effective at stopping transmission than they really are.

I think the mask policy is more about making people feel safe rather than actually being safe.

Too many policies are about feelings now a days...

Giss Neric

There's no way mask will work being mandated, and they're not shown to be significantly effective. If an individual chooses to make the choice to use them more power to them.
That rationale is wrong and dangerous in the long run. It's either just no masks at all required or mandatory masks required. We cannot have in the middle and "up to the person" rule. If you let people decide for themselves to wear it or not while others are following rules cause they wanna follow then that's unfair.

Disney is a private owned property so they can make the rules. Breaking their rules is a risk you have to take.

Would you risk being banned from Disney for the sake of your own freedom by refusing to wear a mask?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
If you want to do this
433084.jpg

Take it here please.

Giss Neric

I've never stated that i would breach Disney's current mandated mask policy or will I. I respect their rules.

Your arguement in the first paragraph doesn't make sense. Disney can certainly allow face mask for guest and leave it optional, as there is not a lot of evidence that mask do much. No one is getting points for wearing/not wearing a mask in public, it's not a law, it's a personal choice unless mandated on private property.
But as evidenced by everything that has opened in this country and internationally recently, masks are considered mandatory. Whether you believe that masks are effective or not, it has been insisted to wear one. Everyone else is following it elsewhere. It is only problematic here in America.

You said you respect Disney's rules but are obviously encouraging other people to do otherwise based from your opinions.

Giss Neric

That's just not true. I can go into shops, zoos and other places without a mask in Michigan and Silverwood and Holiday World do not mandate a mask.
I looked into their reopening guidelines. Both of them indicates masks as "optional." I respect that. But you also have to consider that these theme parks are more local parks and are relatively small and averages roughly 1 million or less visitors annually.

If you compare it to parks/resort that averages 10-20 million visitors every year, of course they will handle it differently as the consequences are 10x as big and all eyes are on them (I'm speaking on both Disney and Universal).

Purduevian

That's just not true. I can go into shops, zoos and other places without a mask in Michigan and Silverwood and Holiday World do not mandate a mask.

Michigan is still in a pretty intense stay at home order, you cant go to zoos and most shops with or without a mask... Also many things that are open, such as home depot, are requiring people to wear masks in their stores.

Kingoglow

There's no way mask will work being mandated, and they're not shown to be significantly effective. If an individual chooses to make the choice to use them more power to them.

If a people are on private property and the owner mandates that they wear a mask, then they either wear said mask, or they leave immediately. That is the reality of it.

If the property owner does not mandate wearing masks, then people are free to do what they wish.

I really don't think that Disney want any press about an outbreak at their resort. That type of news goes directly against the brand. As such, I think Disney will require all guests to wear masks everywhere except inside resort rooms. I also think that they will take it very seriously through the summer. I expect guests to rat on each other all the time (videos as well as altercations).

Amused to Death

Who the heck are these nut jobs that decide to just grill in a shopping center.
Glad Security got on scene to stop the madness.
This is why they need bag checks at Disney Springs. I don't think guests realize how vulnerable they are there. And Disney knows it, too. That's why they've got a couple of security guards at the bottom of the escalator scrutinizing everyone like they could be the next mass shooter. A lot of good it does, though, if they can't rifle through everyone's bags looking for hot dog grills of destruction or worse.

disney4life2008

I went over. It's not too bad but even my thin cloth mask felt like a cpap. It's horrible. After about 20 minutes I gave up and walked out. It's a heat index of 96 degrees and it's one thing to drip in sweat but it's whole other when you are wearing a mask in 100 degree weather in recycled breath from your body at Disney. With that said, there is no way I can go to the theme parks when and if they open back up.

Lilofan

I'm torn. On the one hand, I don't think I can handle a mask for much more than an hour. But, on the other hand, I've really been looking forward to being able to grill hot dogs on Tom Sawyer's Island.
I heard alligators also eat meat and fruit. If you have any leftover, I'm sure the nearby gators will appreciate the scraps.

Giss Neric

This is why they need bag checks at Disney Springs. I don't think guests realize how vulnerable they are there. And Disney knows it, too. That's why they've got a couple of security guards at the bottom of the escalator scrutinizing everyone like they could be the next mass shooter. A lot of good it does, though, if they can't rifle through everyone's bags looking for hot dog grills of destruction or worse.
Remember the Orlando shooter's initial target was Disney Springs but he saw too many security so he went elsewhere.

Giss Neric

I'm torn. On the one hand, I don't think I can handle a mask for much more than an hour. But, on the other hand, I've really been looking forward to being able to grill hot dogs on Tom Sawyer's Island.
Great idea. When Aunt Polly sees that people are grilling their own foods in her vicinity, she will be pressured to open up her place more often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom