Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

flynnibus

Premium Member
Pop Cheapest/Highest rates:
2015 - $107/236
2017 - $118/250 (+$9/14)
2019 - $130/306 (+$16/56)
2020 - $154/336 (+$24/30)

AKL increased 30% over those 5 years, Skyliner resorts increased 50%.

Pop 2018 - 2019
3% $126/130 - Cheapest
3% $204/210 - Memorial
15% $201/233 - Columbus
15% $180/208 - PreChristmas week "Peak"

Disney's no dummy with numbers and appearance. Between chart changes and new rate categories, it's hard to compare because all the expanded date rate prices messes with averages (if anybody even has the time to go thru every day and category). A huge portion of guests saw 15% increase just in that year at Pop and for them that's what matters. Plus, WDW spread these higher rate increases over a few years in preparation for Skyliner demand I believe so that it wouldn't look so drastic.

I can change my mind if someone can prove otherwise.

Your methodology is mixing in all kinds of things not related to the skyliner. All this various season stuff (and the seasons you are including) is mixing in Disney's new season pricing too.. which only muddies your calculations and makes it more impossible to attribute the change to skyliner. Stick to a season that isn't changing year to year... like the value or regular season dates. Disney has been spiking rates around the peak seasons.. so you need to avoid those if you don't want that strategy to be part of the discussion. Disney has been reducing the # of days in value and regular seasons... but generally hasn't been mucking with the pricing of them (relative to everything else)

Pop Standard Regular 2016 - $138
Pop Standard Regular 2017 - $145 (5% yoy inc)
Pop Standard Regular 2018 - $155 (6.8% yoy inc)
Pop Standard Regular 2019 - $161 (3.8% yoy inc)
Pop Standard Regular 2020 - $192 (19% yoy inc)

Similar with CBR (standard view,regular season
2016 - $215
2017 - $224 (4% yoy inc)
2018 -
2019 - $232
2020 - $277 (19% yoy inc)

Truth told, I had not looked at 2020 pricing yet in this detail and was suprised by the big jump.

So yes, huge jumps for 2020.. but if you look at this analysis by the blog https://yourfirstvisit.net as the average pricing trend... it shows that 2020 pricing were huge bumps for everyone...

2020-Disney-World-Value-Resort-Hotel-Prices-from-yourfirstvisit.net_-900x767.png

2020-Disney-World-Moderate-Resort-Hotel-Prices-from-yourfirstvisit.net_-900x830.png

2020-Disney-World-Deluxe-Resort-Hotel-Prices-from-yourfirstvisit.net_-900x801.png

We know from wdw1974 that boosting the pricing of these resorts was part of the scheme... but given the 2020 numbers.. I'm not sure it's a radical move vs all the other resorts.

Attachments

• 2020-Disney-World-Resort-Hotel-Prices-from-yourfirstvisit.net_-900x747.png
    2020-Disney-World-Resort-Hotel-Prices-from-yourfirstvisit.net_-900x747.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 83

mergatroid

Was this even necessary? Does she need to justify her fears to you? People have fears. Many most would consider irrational. Try to be less judgemental in life.

Would you tell Jenn that too, you know like when she was bullying that girl online for using one of her husbands pictures? I never said she has to justify her fears to me, the problem is when you live your life online you have to expect people to have an opinion about your views. Sometimes they'll be positive and sometimes not, you know like when Jenn is hating on people on twitter.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Necessity is the mother of invention.

But you don't get to reinvent physics.

Or maybe they'll just have to repel people out of the gondolas on a zip line.
Good luck with infants, elderly and the handicapped.

That fear has not stopped rescue crews from using baskets and ropes for all kinds of rescues all over the world. We don't build fixed platforms where the negatives out weigh the positives. This problem has been solved over and over and is tried and true.

mergatroid

I miss her on Twitter. There's been a lot less drama since she stopped using it. She used to bully users on there, then when they called her out, they were only "haters that wanted her fame". Sad because Tim is a genuinely nice guy.

I know, however some seem to think she's this super nice person. I did too until proof to the contrary was linked up on a thread on here. It's a shame as you say, because Tim's such a nice person.

Goofyernmost

The point was somebody called me out on saying the increases were higher for Skyliner resorts. I gave proof.
Now crickets and this stupid stuff. If everybody needs to have such high standards around here, at least stay consistent.
I know, but along that line... what is the purpose of saying that something was cheaper years ago. How does that relate to current charges or alleged increased charges because of the Gondola's. What did I miss that connects anything or proves anything? I'm not being nasty, I really do not see how your statement made any undeniable argument for what increased prices.

bubbles1812

First time on this site where I have been ganged up on by apparent the regulars who don't welcome newcomers unless they subscribe to their own group think.
The thing is if you read the thread, you’d notice that the majority of us have quite varied opinions and most of us are critical of Disney (when it’s necessary). There’s not really a whole lot of group think here and the moderators generally allow a pretty free flowing conversation.

People have already tried to tell you why you’ve received the reactions you have, why it’s hard to take your statements with anything other than a laugh, and why no one is really taking you seriously. So I’m not gonna try to do that.

But I’m sure you’ll have an oh so wonderful come back here with the “mommy, she’s being mean” attitude you have. At this point, I’m assuming you’re just an amusing troll

mergatroid

The thing is if you read the thread, you’d notice that the majority of us have quite varied opinions and most of us are critical of Disney (when it’s necessary). There’s not really a whole lot of group think here and the moderators generally allow a pretty free flowing conversation.

People have already tried to tell you why you’ve received the reactions you have, why it’s hard to take your statements with anything other than a laugh, and why no one is really taking you seriously. So I’m not gonna try to do that.

But I’m sure you’ll have an oh so wonderful come back here with the “mommy, she’s being mean” attitude you have. At this point, I’m assuming you’re just an amusing troll

Stop ganging up on him :D

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Your methodology is mixing in all kinds of things not related to the skyliner. All this various season stuff (and the seasons you are including) is mixing in Disney's new season pricing too.. which only muddies your calculations and makes it more impossible to attribute the change to skyliner. Stick to a season that isn't changing year to year... like the value or regular season dates. Disney has been spiking rates around the peak seasons.. so you need to avoid those if you don't want that strategy to be part of the discussion. Disney has been reducing the # of days in value and regular seasons... but generally hasn't been mucking with the pricing of them (relative to everything else)

Pop Standard Regular 2016 - $138
Pop Standard Regular 2017 - $145 (5% yoy inc)
Pop Standard Regular 2018 - $155 (6.8% yoy inc)
Pop Standard Regular 2019 - $161 (3.8% yoy inc)
Pop Standard Regular 2020 - $192 (19% yoy inc)

Similar with CBR (standard view,regular season
2016 - $215
2017 - $224 (4% yoy inc)
2018 -
2019 - $232
2020 - $277 (19% yoy inc)

Truth told, I had not looked at 2020 pricing yet in this detail and was suprised by the big jump.

So yes, huge jumps for 2020.. but if you look at this analysis by the blog https://yourfirstvisit.net as the average pricing trend... it shows that 2020 pricing were huge bumps for everyone...

View attachment 417905
View attachment 417907
View attachment 417906

We know from wdw1974 that boosting the pricing of these resorts was part of the scheme... but given the 2020 numbers.. I'm not sure it's a radical move vs all the other resorts.

Was hoping for a double-top there. Maybe it'll crash. But...nice chart. It's still in bull territory. I'm holding out for a 61.8 fib retrace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom