Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

flynnibus

Premium Member
Is it back up n running yet ?
If it is there an eta?

Watch this thread for that...

jinx8402

Refering to the post in the other thread, is this even something OSHA would investigate? I thought their purview was work related incidents, such as a cast member getting struck by a gondola, or injury while performaning maintenance on the system, not an accident the involves the "normal" operation of the system.

Normal in quotes since obviously an incident like this is not normal lol.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And... correcting misinformation is not defending Disney. It is critical to be working from an accurate base if one is to start building out views or conclusions.

To judge the situation you hsould know what it actually is
To judge what should have happened or not you should have a good handle on practicality of things or the importance of one verse another

Correcting errors is not about defending a view or opinion... its to ensure we are working from the correct starting points for people to make their own opinions from.

All too often in the heat of emotion... people start flying off the rails into exaggeration or simple incorrect retelling of events and everything just snowballs. We go from someone tripping on their untied shoelace to company neglects crumbling sidewalk for decades and woman falls in sinkhole.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Oof, if that is true about OSHA requiring 360 hours. Hope accurate info is released over the next couple days.

I wonder if 360hrs can be divided by the 3 arms so then days, not weeks.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Correcting errors is not about defending a view or opinion... its to ensure we are working from the correct starting points for people to make their own opinions from.

Unfortunately today we've shifted more toward being first than being factual. People run with assumptions and then struggle to understand why others don't "think like them". Once a counter point is given, they play victim. We don't have to go back too many pages on this very thread to see that play out.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's a waste of money if you book at a Skyliner resort and don't use the Skyliner.
Those resorts have seen massive rate increases for the privilege of new transport routes.

No they haven’t (yet)

Pop prices went up roughly 4% from 2108 to 2019

Which is similar to the prior year increases

ImperfectPixie

Refering to the post in the other thread, is this even something OSHA would investigate? I thought their purview was work related incidents, such as a cast member getting struck by a gondola, or injury while performaning maintenance on the system, not an accident the involves the "normal" operation of the system.

Normal in quotes since obviously an incident like this is not normal lol.
Oof, if that is true about OSHA requiring 360 hours. Hope accurate info is released over the next couple days.

I wonder if 360hrs can be divided by the 3 arms so then days, not weeks.
Unless a Disney or Dopplemyer worker was injured, it wouldn't be OSHA. NTSB, I think? would be handling this.

disney4life2008

It's a waste of money if you book at a Skyliner resort and don't use the Skyliner.
Those resorts have seen massive rate increases for the privilege of new transport routes.

Are you sure? All stars have seen massive rate increases and nothing has went ogrt there. Actually the quality at sports has decreased in the last year.

BromBones

So by your logic the monorails shouldn't still be there. The was an accident in 1974 in which people were injured. Should have just shut it down then.

Incorrect. By my logic the monorails were able to operate without incident for THREE YEARS prior to their 1974 accident.
They didn't have an accident in the FIRST WEEK.
I know... I dare criticize Disney. God forbid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom