Disney Romantics

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Okay, I'm in a very WDW mood and I have a question to ponder.

What is the most romantic thing you can think to do while in WDW? Set up the whole scene for us, i.e. time of day, where in the world, with who, what's going on...

Post more than once if you want to!! Sometimes once you start thinking, more ideas come to mind! :sohappy:

kdblue165

Romantic Scene

How's this one? May be a bit stupid, but I like it...

After a long day of rides & attractions in MK, you settle in for the fireworks. Once they end, grab an ice cream (to share) and wait for Main Street to empty. After (almost) everyone is gone, you finish the ice cream and stroll leisurely down Main Street USA, pausing to look behind at the still-lit Cinderella Castle and share an ice-cream-flavored kiss...

Not spectacular, but there is something so romantic about the nostalgic setting of Main Street, especially at night...don't you agree?

WDWFREAK53

Ok, first of all...anywhere in WDW can be romantic :) It's all how you "make it"

I think romantic as spending some time in the Grand Floridian lobby just sitting listening to the piano, talking with a certain special someone...and then stroll out onto the beach in the back at dusk...take your shoes off, and walk along the water until the time is right...sit down on the bench swings and sway slowly. Hold your special someone and watch the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks and during the finale, turn her head your way...and :kiss: until the end...

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Some of the small things to do are:

On a slow night, go find those benches that are on the walkways behind Cinderella's Castle that look up at the castle from the side, sit there and kiss as the castle changes colors...

Go on Sounds Dangerous and just "love each other" in the complete darkness. Whether that be kiss or just hold hands and squeeze hands every so often...

Wait for a monorail until you and your other can ride in the front all by yourselves, and then just hold each other looking out over everything like its yours for the rest of your lives...

I know this sounds cheesey, but I would love it if a guy proposed to me in Impressions de France as the music crescendos with everyone around and the wrap around scenery...

Anyone else with anything?? We'll post more as we get inspired...

meanmice

I think that a romantic moment would be watching the spectromagic parade magic kingdom in a resteraunt in tomorrowland, i forget the name, but you can sit on like the second story and have a light dinner as the cars go by and then tinkerbell lights up the sky

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Sharing a fry on the balcony of Pinnochios,
Carrying her hoop up the stairs at Blizzard beach for the tenth time,
Doing an attraction you hate, but she loves and not moaning about it,
Walking half way round the park to get her a tea, which you dont drink,
Sharing a scream as you drop down the tower of terror for the third time in an hour,
waiting patiently for your table for that meal for two at your favourite joint
Holding hands as you sit upon a darkened smoke bildgeing bus on your way back to your resort,
Lovingly preparing a dutch oven while you wait for her to slip between the sheets.

Now thats romance:animwink:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Riding the carosel, pretending it's a race, and telling her that she wins!
Stealing kisses at every dark point on rides like the drop on PotC.
Buying popcorn and letting the birds eat it out of your hands together.
Going to Tom Sawyers Island and finding a quiet, secluded spot.
Sitting in the back row of a IASW boat and picking out your favorite dolls in each room/country.
Sitting down to share a strawberry popcicle and watching everything around you.
Standing in the round tank in the Living Seas holding each other watching the fish all around you...

That's romantic too...

Anymore!? I am LOVING this! :sohappy:

dreamer

Originally posted by happy snapper
Sharing a fry on the balcony of Pinnochios,
Carrying her hoop up the stairs at Blizzard beach for the tenth time,
Doing an attraction you hate, but she loves and not moaning about it,
Walking half way round the park to get her a tea, which you dont drink,
Sharing a scream as you drop down the tower of terror for the third time in an hour,
waiting patiently for your table for that meal for two at your favourite joint
Holding hands as you sit upon a darkened smoke bildgeing bus on your way back to your resort,
Lovingly preparing a dutch oven while you wait for her to slip between the sheets.

Now thats romance:animwink:

Very dry Champagne in France
Giving her the last poncho when it's pouring (who lost one!!?)
Changing the diapers
Watching the kids at the pool from the balcony

Jacuzzi and candlelight
Getting the kids ready the next morning so she can sleep in

Grumpy56

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Ok, first of all...anywhere in WDW can be romantic :) It's all how you "make it"

I think romantic as spending some time in the Grand Floridian lobby just sitting listening to the piano, talking with a certain special someone...and then stroll out onto the beach in the back at dusk...take your shoes off, and walk along the water until the time is right...sit down on the bench swings and sway slowly. Hold your special someone and watch the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks and during the finale, turn her head your way...and :kiss: until the end...

Why, Freak, what a romantic guy you are! I had no idea!:)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Hows about getting up and slow dancing in the middle of a restaurant in front of everyone. Just so in love that you had to dance! :D

Or, like that commercial out now where the guy is in a huge crowd and just yells at the top of his lungs "I LOVE THIS WOMAN!" That gives me butterfliese everytime I watch it. :D I think if a guy were to do that in the middle of WDW it would be romantic.

meeko_33785

Strolling with the one you love around the Castle grounds at dusk, tossing pennies into Cinderella's wishing well, and watching the Castle change colors.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
These are all wonderful guys!! :D I'm getting that warm fuzzy feeling!

Hows about taking your "lady" to MK and acting like she is Cinderella. Telling her that the castle is hers and this is her kingdom. You cater to her every need all day long. I guarantee you that she'll love you forever if a guy did that...

Hint, Hint, any takers?? :p

SewIn2Disney

As long as the guy were to propose to me in WDW and agree to get married in the Wedding Pavillion, he could sit in the middle of Victoria and Alberts scratching his pits and burping and I would still consider it romantic....:kiss:

Does anyone else notice that everyones "fantasies" take place in the Magic Kingdom? I guess sharing a romantic kiss on Kilimangaro Safari's (sp?) isn't possible. But, Strolling through all of the countries in Epcot and finding all the lesser known nooks and crannies....aaahhhhh..:)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Originally posted by SewIn2Disney
As long as the guy were to propose to me in WDW and agree to get married in the Wedding Pavillion, he could sit in the middle of Victoria and Alberts scratching his pits and burping and I would still consider it romantic....:kiss:

Does anyone else notice that everyones "fantasies" take place in the Magic Kingdom? I guess sharing a romantic kiss on Kilimangaro Safari's (sp?) isn't possible. But, Strolling through all of the countries in Epcot and finding all the lesser known nooks and crannies....aaahhhhh..:)
We could try remaking the lady and the tramp scene in Italy!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Originally posted by OneLittleSpark
If I ever had a date, I'd be at the Country Bear Jamboree! :lol: :D :sohappy:

No...really!! :wave: :sohappy: :sohappy: :D
Just remember young grasshopper, Big Al's Gal is exactly what she sounds like!! BIG AL'S GAL! So, hands off my sister! :p

Besides, no need to upset the bears, especially the biggest one there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom