News Disney Riviera Resort announced

nickys

Premium Member
Ya know what, anyone who criticizes you about it can pound sand.
Yeah, maybe it wasn’t the wisest financial decision, but heck, are vacations (holidays) EVER a wise financial decision? It’s meant to be enjoyed and to have fun.

My wife and I plan on buying next year, and while we could save money by buying 3rd party, you do lose some benefits, frankly we want the life of the contract to be out as far as possible to maximize our fun. If you’re getting the value out of your contract that you hoped you would get, you’re doing great and made a wise decision.

It made sense for us. Depleting our savings to buy would have been foolish, since I’d taken a voluntary redundancy package to care for my mum. At worst we would have defaulted on the loan with Disney and handed back the contract. But we also knew the loan was affordable. And a couple more trips will see us celebrate having broken even, having had family holidays that our now adult sons still enjoy, and still choose to come with us. We’re happy with the outcome. :)

cindy_k

I thought the building didn't look too bad until I saw the awnings on it last week. Ugh! Who thought that was a good design choice.

John park hopper

I got a brochure pushing be the first to stay at the Riviera so I went to My Disney experience and looked at the rooms. They looked very generic like something you would see at Hilton or Embassy Suite, i'm guessing because it is DVC

Last edited:

rowrbazzle

I got a brochure pushing be the first to stay at the Riviera so I went to My Disney experience and looked at the rooms. They looked very generic like something you would sweat a hilton or Embassy Suite, i'm guessing because it is DVC

That seems to be the style they're going with in many of their refurbs - DVC or otherwise.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, October 26, 2019. Finishing work on the Riviera Resort's entrance signs. With the cloth masking hanging over the sign, you know it's probably already there.

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

UPDATE as of Thursday, October 31, 2019. The construction fence is removed around the entrance signs to Disney's Riviera Resort. You can see "Riviera" through the covering.

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

Last edited:

surfsupdon

I’m curious about busing. Will Riviera get its own buses or share with CBR?

I still say share. The rooms gained at Riviera are still far fewer than the rooms lost at Caribbean.

If anyone is at Caribbean— has the circle reopened and buses now go around the lake? Or is it still double uturns??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom