News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Dr.GrantSeeker

Gotta sell the DVC. Especially when this resort isn’t selling very fast.

I rode the Skyliner a few times this weekend going between DHS and Epcot. The random people in my cabins all shared the same thoughts as we rode by.
"That's the Riviera? That's it?"
"Looks way better in the pictures"
"It looks almost completed, but surely that can't be all it is?"
"Why would they build that here?"

I will wait to see what it's like once it actually opens, but I agree with these people. The Riviera just doesn't get me excited as a new Disney resort. It just seems meh, especially the exterior of the resort. Maybe there are more guests that feel this way and don't care to purchase it through DVC.

trainplane3

I received this email yesterday. This is one of the few DVC emails I've received. Are they having a hard time selling the Riviera or am I reading into it too much?

riv.JPG

riv2.JPG

Edit: Nevermind, I see @Rteetz mentioned it.

Last edited:

prberk

Disney's latest Marriott!

How gorgeous and uniquely themed!

I know the apologists on this board hate our criticisms and expectations that Disney be exquisitely themed and unique; but it still should be the difference that makes the resort the reason that people come and stay here... when they can otherwise stay at generic area Marriott for a lot less and still have at least most of the convenience. Bring on the brickbats.

Sigh.

prberk

I rode the Skyliner a few times this weekend going between DHS and Epcot. The random people in my cabins all shared the same thoughts as we rode by.
"That's the Riviera? That's it?"
"Looks way better in the pictures"
"It looks almost completed, but surely that can't be all it is?"
"Why would they build that here?"

I will wait to see what it's like once it actually opens, but I agree with these people. The Riviera just doesn't get me excited as a new Disney resort. It just seems meh, especially the exterior of the resort. Maybe there are more guests that feel this way and don't care to purchase it through DVC.

Maybe Disney will get the message from lack of sales. We can only hope.

Bocabear

This project looked lackluster from the start. I am hoping when it opens we are wowed with an amazing interior and amenities, though I frankly don't see it happening...I think the only special thing about this is going to be the Skyliner access unfortunately.
We have reservations for next June...We will see how that goes.

rowrbazzle

This project looked lackluster from the start. I am hoping when it opens we are wowed with an amazing interior and amenities, though I frankly don't see it happening...I think the only special thing about this is going to be the Skyliner access unfortunately.
We have reservations for next June...We will see how that goes.

I was excited about an Epcot/HS resort with a longer expiration. The rooms seem nice and the Skyliner cool (when it works :confused:). I think the point charts are too high, but maybe manageable at least in the studios. But, for me, any chance of buying there went out the window with the restrictions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know the apologists on this board hate our criticisms and expectations that Disney be exquisitely themed and unique
I'd like you to quote one of those apologists. I haven't seen anyone go to bat for this.

But, you have fun arguing with no one!

Last edited:

ryguy

My wife who is Disney World clueless asks the other day "Why would they build a Riviera resort at the Caribbean beach?"

Me: "Good question honey, good question."

On the Flip side we ate at Toledo last weekend, and the whole family thinks the new Tower at Cornonado it pretty darn cool. The restaurant in the lake seems like a cool spot too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
quick question. Is it supposed to be a deluxe or a moderate?

No DVC is supposed to be a moderate.

Though, that would be hard to tell with their new, tiny one-room rooms and that they've moved all DVC resorts out of the Deluxe category on MDE and into their own category.

Someone would have to recheck their advertising to see if Disney has ever used "deluxe" in the description of the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom